cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing a vacation hold on your listings

Well, it's been a while since I visited the discussion boards and consistent with everything eBay, I see it's all changed.  Or my memory has gone south.  

Anyway, I checked with the "customer support" feature and after wasting some time, couldn't find an answer to my question.

That is, does eBay offer any option for putting your listings "on hold" while you are going to be away?  Or do you simply have to let them run down (or end them early), one at a time?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

@zosorcha wrote:

There is a much simpler solution for this; I am just about to implement it myself.  You don't have to end your listings or up your prices to something absurd. 

All that you have to do, aside from making sure your email response reflects that you will be gone, is to change your handling time to sometime after you will return. 

For instance, I will be gone for the next ten days, so I universally edited my listings by going to "handling time," and selecting "Change to..." "10 days."  So my listings will continue while I'm gone, still receiving views and interest, and the listing will warn the viewer that if they purchase the item, they will have to wait awhile  - 10+ days - to receive it.  

How do you universally edit all your listing?

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

People always have to stick their 2 cents in. Why she had to write that, I dont know. Now you know why she has the time for commitments!
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

How do you do the temporary notice? Is that the same as Out of Office reply (or is this just for messages)?
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Agree...eBay is so customer unfriendly that it's hard to get my head around it sometimes.
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

I do this all the time in BOLD type at the beginning of the description with the earliest ship date, but once in a while I get somebody who buys and pays quickly and then I get a late ship mark on my record! So this time I'm just cancelling before vacay and relisting when I get back.
Message 50 of 50
latest reply