cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .

I review my feedback all the time (I changed name once and had 500 & up 100% positive feedback left back then) suprisingly found that more than 50 seller with feedback record from hundreds to thousands were no longer registered, they left, sacrificed tons of positive feedbacks, what's in behind... As a seller, you would not let those gone so easy...it's a saving from years! E Bay make more money on the green peas and they would need them to list all great items at auction style (it's really hard for green peas to sell a item as "buy it now" )to catch buyer's eyes as well, this is how E Bay protecting their own profit...
Small seller usually brings lots of hard to find items, also it's the joy for buyers to search and bid.
No products = No profit = No E Bay
Message 151 of 542
latest reply

kendoll60
Enthusiast
i would say so, there is no seller protection ? everything is about the buyer, not right !?
Message 152 of 542
latest reply

[quote mid="513742301"]I've posted this before...can't remember if it was here...but the following is the first paragraph of my item description:

Wow- great idea! I've taken a few hits on my shipping charge and yet a lot of the time I don't ask for enough. I've also started making sure I add the postage amount to my printed labels.
Message 153 of 542
latest reply

im_my_twin
Enthusiast
I've been a part-time seller on Ebay since its first year in business. It was a great place to sell in the beginning. Sellers and buyers got along great because Ebay didn't try to play one side against the other back then. I can still remember when Ebay respected its sellers and understood if not for the seller there would be no Ebay.

I quit selling on Ebay when Meg Whitman became CEO and started changing the policies. Back then, the power sellers were all in favor of the changes that were driving off the small sellers. These forums were full of people telling us small sellers that we should leave if we couldn't handle the changes. I guess they thought it would work in their favor in the long run. More sales for them if we were gone. We small sellers tried to warn the bigger sellers that they were next in line to get hit. They didn't believe us. Now, all sellers on Ebay are facing the same challenges, only much worse than when I left.

I've recently returned to Ebay, because of the free listings, but unless Ebay starts treating its sellers like it did in Ebay's early years I will end up leaving again. Ebay needs to level the playing field again in all its policies and stop treating the sellers like dirt.

Leaving Ebay pushed me to go back to the basics. To remember that there are other ways of selling merchandise that were just as profitable, if not more so, as selling here. I've done very well selling off of Ebay. I learned that I don't need Ebay. Rather, it is Ebay that needs sellers like me - and you all - to keep making a profit.

Without its sellers, Ebay will fail. Never forget that fact.

And Ebay, you know I speak the truth. You should not be biting the hands that feed you.
Message 154 of 542
latest reply

viwanton
Thrill-Seeker
It's just common sense .

Please leave the apostrophes out. When the word seller and buyer are meant to be more than one, only an s is needed.
Message 155 of 542
latest reply

Yes EBAY has done a terrific JOB of loosing both Buyers (especially NEWBIES) and Sellers.

Buyers (newbies) think they are tough and can push sellers around. They come on with GUNS ABLAZE.
Shooting a Negative because it is FUN knowing the seller can't punch back! They also don't read!!! (Not required in America anymore)

Part time Sellers like myself have seen a tremedous decline in buying activity unless you give items away for nothing or stal your product. I have switched to consignment stores & Craigslist to sell stuff locally instead of the EBAY treadmill INSANITY for sellers!

I keep getting my stupid PERFORMANCE level reviews.
People don't like my descriptions well then ASK QUESTIONS!..
They tell me I am now being rated on the LOW DSR's and Ebay IGNORES my GOOD DSR's

FKUM! DO GOOD LIBERAL LEFT COAST IDIOTS THAT RUN EBAY.
Message 156 of 542
latest reply

FKUM! DO GOOD LIBERAL LEFT COAST IDIOTS THAT RUN EBAY.

Hey! Craig is a Left Coast liberal.
Donahoe is a worthless CEO who has destroyed eBay.
Meg Whitman is a Capitalist Republican.
Or haven't you been paying attention.
When eBay was run by the pot-smokin' long-haired geeks, that was when it was Good.
Craig's Place and the Ponderosa are run by those Hippie-nerds now.
evilBay is run by Business School idiots.
These are the same financial wizards that have screwed-up the world's economy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 157 of 542
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bingo! I think you have just about nailed it. Discussion over.
Message 158 of 542
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like craig and his list 🙂 But the downside of it is you have people either coming to your home (often people you would rather not come there and you have to trust that they are actually interested in what your selling and not in what you have for them to steal later) or you have to meet them which requires driving to a location, waiting and counting on them actually showing up and them paying you and not just robbing you or worse. So make sure you meet them in daylight in areas that have alot of traffic and people. Remember if people will go into a store full of people and steal then there are people who will come to your home and steal too.

Reality bites , yes the fee's here are higher, but if you look at it logically, you cant rent for less, you cant consign for less , you can't advertise in the local paper for less, so reality is as high as the fees are they are, they are still pretty much cheaper than alternatives.
Message 159 of 542
latest reply

essex_antiques
Enthusiast
I am fed up too!!!! Higher fees, less customer support (128 minute waite for online chat!!!) less seller recourse, more buyer protection. I guess eBay wants more buyers but in doing so they arae going to have less sellers. I'm using a lot of other alternatives and exploring even more.

My 2000 a week auction volume will not be anywhere near that this holiday season.

13 years on eBay and the marriage isn't getting any better. Time for a divorce and time to look for a new partner.
Message 160 of 542
latest reply

I am fed up too!!!! Higher fees, less customer support (128 minute waite for online chat!!!) less seller recourse, more buyer protection. I guess eBay wants more buyers but in doing so they arae going to have less sellers. I'm using a lot of other alternatives and exploring even more.

My 2000 a week auction volume will not be anywhere near that this holiday season.

13 years on eBay and the marriage isn't getting any better. Time for a divorce and time to look for a new partner.

Essex.....I just read all your neg feedback and I've got to say you handled each one professionally and to the point....while most of the buyers sound like bleating goats!

So you're willing to give up on eBay because the game has changed.?? I say adapt !
This place has given you a great outlet to sell off estate loads of other folks stuff and you're good at it.
Sure there are other venues to sell through....but a divorce !

I think you need some marriage councilling .....and a place to occasionally vent !
Well vent here !
And while you're at it rack up another 300 pos sales and the couple of negs that aren't your fault ..... won't amount to a hill of beans.
Sellers like you should stick around .
You're what makes ebay ...the way eBay used to be...Great !

SPITFIRE

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 161 of 542
latest reply

I have been a seller since 1999 (second account due to hijacking of first one!). Since taking away my ability to leave negative feedback for buyers, I have had nothing but trouble. Ebay fees are rediculous, Paypal customer service is a joke, and I am done. I thank you all for listening. Now I am on to the close your account button. But, oh yeah, I can't close it for an undetermined amount of days due to Ebay policy. They can go suck eggs! Thanks to you all for listening and best regards! JPJ
Message 162 of 542
latest reply

mko47
Enthusiast
OK Ebay .......You lost a long time seller here ....Your fee`s are why out of line for a system that is mostly automated!

I can`t not afford Ebays Insertion Fee, Final Fee, then Pay Pal Fee It just cost to much! when there is other auction out there that has small or no fee`s

YOU Keep increasing High fee`s you will continue losing sellers ....Wake Up! Ebay these are hard times economically Like allot of the big company your greet is causing you to lose site with your customer!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 163 of 542
latest reply

suzq48
Enthusiast
Most sellers are buyers, but most buyers aren't sellers. When the buyers, who aren't sellers leave, then ebay will be dead. I don't see that happening in the near future.

First of all, we are a Wal Mart loving society! So what would ebay lose from being like Wal Mart? Nothing. And Chinese sellers wouldn't sell on ebay if people weren't buying. Consumers sacrifice quality for quantity everyday. And when a person gets ripped off or gets junk, do they stop buying on ebay? Nope.

Where else can you get this much traffic without working your tail off for it? I don't know of anywhere. But ebay isn't the only game in town, either. Its just one of the two largest and with the most traffic.

There's are other places and you can make money at it, but it takes ton more work than ebay to garner traffic. Am I happy about the changes coming in the Spring? Nope. Am I going to have to deal with them if I want to take advantage of ebay's traffic? Yep.

Like Honda said, read some of the threads. There are a couple of exciting venues that are growing because of ebay's upcoming changes. Why not considering diversifying? If doing just ebay isn't working for you, maybe there's another venue somewhere else that will work better for you. Granted, you'll have to work a little harder, but perhaps that will be good outlet for your anger and make you feel like you are in control of your business again.

I have tried another venue or two and always come back to Ebay. One other site is beautiful and friendly, no cost to list, low final value fee, but NO SALES. Sellers just spend time putting items on there and visiting other seller's booths. I had no sales there to 5 sales on Ebay. Marketing is where it is at and Ebay has done a lot of it to build up sales for sellers. Despite my disappointments with non-paying buyers on Ebay, I still have my store here and hope to sell more great stuff.
Message 164 of 542
latest reply

barrysj123
Enthusiast
Yes, I agree that eBay is charging toooo much for fees! the small-time seller is what made eBay - give us a break! I would say that many of us are just stay-at-home moms trying to make a little extra cash - with the post office shipping rates going up, paypal taking a cut and eBay charging more and more, I will have to think about quitting too.....
Message 165 of 542
latest reply