cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I won bidding. Seller msgd me minutes later saying the product was defective and cancelled the order

Hi, 

I won bidding on an item. The seller msgd me minutes after I won and said that the item is defective and cancelled the order. He then reposted the item straight away at a higher starting bid. I left negative feedback but that got deleted by Ebay and his rating is back on 100%. 

The seller has since been unable to sell the item and has relisted it several times since so it keeps coming up in my searches which is very frustrating.  

Why is this conduct allowed by Ebay and why would they deleted my feedback? 

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I won bidding. Seller msgd me minutes later saying the product was defective and cancelled the order

Did you receive a refund?

if yes, no reason to leave negative feedback.   You would not have been happy with a defective item. 

it is possible the item YOU purchased was defective. 

either purchase the “good” item or find another seller. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

He cancelled the order straight away before I payed. He had no intention on selling the item for less than what he thinks he can get for it. 

The item is not defective because he reposted it straight away saying it is in perfect condition. He just lied to me to repost it at a higher price.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply