cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI

@shirleys8093  @bronx-dog 

Since it looks as if you both have decided to start posting again in the Part Timers Group Home, I wanted to

update you on some of the behind the scenes happenings in my quest to get better placement for the PT group and all of the other demoted board groups, in the Groups Directory/Table of Contents so they would be easier to

find and increase traffic.

There has been lots of talking and very few actual changes.  I did manage to get the powers that be to insert an

"about this board" blurb in the directory which now gives the group somewhere around 2 "new" threads every

month versus the former 1 new thread every 2 months...yiipee Smiley Sad

As for any actual changes to the directory itself, it would appear that that won't happen.  I received an email a couple of weeks ago stating that...**paraphrasing** ...there are no plans to change the Groups navigation/directory because in this divisive climate, off topic boards, such as the Soapbox, are a drain on moderation resources.  They feel that eBay staff's time is better spent helping and guiding rather than dealing with reports and appeals due to disagreements on the off topic boards.

I replied that the PT group, as well as the Park and most of the other boards that were demoted were nothing like

the Soapbox because no "divisive" subjects are discussed....as of today I have not received a reply....

...so it looks like the group will continue to live in the bowels of eBay's basement, along with the newest member of the "Business Insights" gang, and out and out spam post for male enhancement products...upside downonly on eBay...lol

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: FYI

Just out of curiosity, what did the mod edit about your post, if you can tell us without breaking any rules?  If you cant' tell us without breaking any rules, I understand, as I've had a couple of interactions with mods lately who were, I'll just say, "less than nice or even cordial" with me via PM.  And they wonder why members leave here for greener pastures.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply