cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Picking up on a thread that was recently closed down pertaining to Slow eBay Sales.  I have been selling on eBay for years and have noticed a dramatic decrease in sales.  I sell mainly winter gear and normally have several sales in Sept at least that is how it has been since 2009.  This year nothing...  I am in the process now of clearing out my remaining inventory here on eBay.  Hopefully they can turn it around as many small sellers are also buyers.  I buy on eBay when I sell on eBay.  When I don't sell on eBay on don't buy on eBay.  Am sure this is the same for many small to mid size sellers.  

What are the rest of you seeing on your end as small to mid size sellers?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Egads, sorry about that last post. My son was still signed in my computer (Willeeus2) on his account when I posted!. That was really from me mdav_ba!
Sorry bout that

Message 31 of 125
latest reply

I totally agree. I thought something was wrong with my listings. However I made 1 sale this week verses 20-30 sales weekly.
Message 32 of 125
latest reply

... did someone say there's free coffee here ..??..

... Howdy Everybody, been a while how's 'bout it ... let's see, where'd we leave off - ... been doin' okay here, but it kinda looks like Nov ain't gonna be no banner month for me, No Sir not a 'tall ... lol ... can we say, "tanked" ..??..

... did really Great for Sept, no kiddin' aside I wound up with a 75% bump over last Sept. 2015 ... that was reassuring needless ta say, and a well needed kick in da pants ... Oct then jumped back to about typical, and now Nov is like someone yanked the plug ... again ... ooooohhh well ... kinda like de javu, alllll over again ... lol ...

...Mdav_ba, Great to hear Yer doing Good ... and that's some Good Advice there too, gonna look into that matter for sure ...

... other than that, same stuff different day ... kinda hunkerin' down here, looks like it may be a long winter with my sales, we'll see what happens ... still gettin' good hit numbers on the listings, gettin' watchers and questions, just no bites as of recent ... been sloooooow for me before, time for anudder round of them tumbleweeds driftin' across the monitor here ... lol ...

Message 33 of 125
latest reply

Hey guys!

Just a quick update on the progress of my "promoted lisiting" experiment.

Well it is going through the roof IMHO. It will be 30 days tomorrow since I started it and I now am up to 54 sold and $170 in salels I would never have seen. (My extra fee for all that is only $2.11!!) That to me is HUGE. I am telling you guys, take all you have for sale and put in even 1% fee (only charges it if it sells from someone clicking the ad wherever it appears). I changed mine to 2% and you can see from the numbers in my last post not that many days ago, what a difference that made. Don't miss this biggest buying time of the year. Try it out, nothing to lose.

In 30 days 27,280 Impressions   597 clicks   54 sold (That is 10% of those who clicked) Quite a high percentage methinks

Message 34 of 125
latest reply

... just for the heck of it I took a look into my Store category keywords to see if I could do another tune to try a jump-start for even a single sale, and it appears to me that none of our Keywords are active as for search engines ... any keyword that I'd used prior is now apparently null and void ...

... in other words, I along with likely All of us are getting absolutely ZERO exposure both here and with search engines such as google ...

... geez no wonder I'm no longer getting any page views for the past THREE WEEKS ...

Message 35 of 125
latest reply

Lost, I hear ya on that.

Please just try what I have been saying. Put everything you have into one campaign at 1% extra fee, again, only if someone buys it from clicking your ad. Then see if you get any results with page views. It will take you all of 3 minutes from start to finish.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/stores/promoted-listings/benefits.html

Message 36 of 125
latest reply

... Mdav_ba - ... I Really do Appreciate the tip and info ... "but", I'm gonna pass onnit ...

... imo that's pretty lowdown on their behalf ... no kiddin' aside since Nov 7th I'm out at least 75% on both Sales and hits ... as far as I'm concerned, if my only alternative is to pay a little more in fees pending a sale then I'm bein' hosed out of any exposure that I had before ...

... if they wanted to jack my fees then jack my fees, and don't swindle me out of the format that I and we had just 3 weeks ...

... Sorry if that sounds rude, but good grief, time for me to revamp my Website ... until today, anything listed there doesn't appear here and anything that appears here doesn't appear there ... I thought that in iteslf was Good Biz on my part, but if they wanna screw me then screw them ...

... this is now no different than the crud at amazon, if we wanna get exposure we pay even more than what we already are paying ... why didn't they just come out and say 'hey Sellers time to pay more' and then just leave the format be ... first we gotta have a store ... then we gotta have a store along with an additional 1% thru 20% depending on how much we wanna sell ..??..

... swindled ... plain as day ... just what da heck are the Sellers without Stores doin' these days, other than kissin' Their coin good-bye ...

... it's their sandbox and they can do anything they want, and this time they went too far ... it's a Great Big Web as well and I'd be foolish not to take my entire show there, free of charge.

... once again Mdav_ba, Thanks' a Bunch and I Appreciate it ...

Message 37 of 125
latest reply

Hey there Lost, good to see you here. I tripped into this out of nowhere, (weird). Sorry to see you must be coming to the dark side:). I tried your suggestions and found some more to try, but unfortunately, not much difference, bummer. I am going to try some more suggestions and cross my fingers, I have a lot to move, I think I WILL pay a premium and see if it helps stuff move, but I agree with you, it should have just been an overall adjustment.

Message 38 of 125
latest reply

Poop! Promotion is only for multiple listings:( I sell a bunch of one off, Oh well
Message 39 of 125
latest reply

Mars, the promkotion should work on any item you sell. I am thinking though you might have to have a store, which I have. Do you have a store?

Message 40 of 125
latest reply

@mdav_ba wrote:

Mars, the promkotion should work on any item you sell. I am thinking though you might have to have a store, which I have. Do you have a store?

@mdav_ba  Hi, mdav....nice to see that your sales have increased by using the "promoted listings", however your statement in red above is incorrect.....promoted listings can only be used in certain categories and for multi quantity fixed price listings:

Which listings are eligible? How many listings can I promote?

You can only promote multi-quantity fixed price listings in selected categories that are displayed in the promoted listings service. Each campaign can have up to 500 listings included.

To provide the best possible buyer and seller experience for this new service, at this time, we are not offering this service in all categories or for single-quantity or auction listings. You may only promote items in the categories that are displayed in the promoted listings service, which may only be a subset of all of your eBay listings. When creating a promoted listings campaign, only listings which qualify for the service will appear in your selection view.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/stores.html#m22_tb_a6__3

...not picking on you, I just hate to see misinformation posted....my guess is that is one of the reasons that the old thread was locked!  You could probably avoid this happening again by starting your own group.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 41 of 125
latest reply

... I see nothing wrong with Mdav_ba passing along information and trying to help Fellow Sellers.

Message 42 of 125
latest reply

Thanks for saying that Lost. I am not sure why people can get ticked off so easy. I made a mistake. All I know is every single listing I have was able to be put up. I clicked to check all and start campaign, yeah was that easy. Guess thats why I didnt know that, I am far from perfect.

I am thinking more of the fact that the old thread turned into a political dumping ground and blasting each other, different countries, blasting Ebay like crazy......makes more sense as to why it was shut down, not because someone made an error on what items qualify for something. Slow sales became the last thing that got talked about.

I simply was trying to show people how I tried something that was easy and worked and helped answer the question to "why ebay sales are so slow" Don't need a new thread thank you

Message 43 of 125
latest reply

lost, I have no problem with mdav passing along helpful information, or anyone else for that matter....as long as it is correct!

mdav, I am not ticked nor am I perfect so we have something in common...please reread my post ~ I am glad that you found something that is helping your sales, but when misinformation is posted, others may take it as fact....my point was/is that if you and the other "regular" posters to the old thread want to continue, you should either post on a board that gets more traffic than the PT Group or start your own group with the title "Slow eBay Sales" and you will have more members than you can shake a stick at.....with a much greater chance of not getting posts reported and threads deleted...up to you....only a suggestion and trying to help.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 44 of 125
latest reply

Well it will not let me delete it so I guess people will have to report it. I am done and unsubscribing. Have fun guys

Message 45 of 125
latest reply