cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is refunding my sale to the buyer, buyer claims I sent the wrong item (impossible).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never posted on here, so I'm not sure if it'll help or if I'll receive any feedback, but I hope so!

So the item was less than $30, which I know is very little money to many sellers, but I'm basically losing twice that now!

I sold a Moment iphone 7 case, and the buyer says I sent an iphone 5 case (which doesn't even exist with the Moment brand). I reported the buyer to ebay, and explained how I bought all the items involved off of ebay and even provided all the item numbers (gave them my history from my iphone 6S to iphone 7 and showed them how I sold all those items and the buyers were happy etc).

Ebay didn't care. So now this guy is going to mail me an empty envelope or something, and there's nothing i can do.

Oh! and the guy created the account literally a day before the sale!! zero feedback!!!

What can I do now? What can I do in the future?? Can I refuse sales to new people, or people with no feedback??? I cant believe this **bleep**!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay is refunding my sale to the buyer, buyer claims I sent the wrong item (impossible).

@Anonymous

Did the buyer open a case and did you send them a return shipping label?

No you can not block low or no feedback buyers. You can block this individual buyer though by adding him to your block bidder list in site preferences.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi, @Anonymous and welcome to the A Part Time eBay Sellers Group!

From your post it does sound as if eBay is involved because you stated "eBay doesn't care", but as love stated, could you please let us know for sure ~ and guess what?...you are right ~ eBay doesn't care what you say because 99% of the time eBay will side with the buyer, and that is because...

...eBay has no way of knowing what you sent to the buyer, so it is in your best interest to suck it up and have eBay send the return shipping label to the buyer and hopefully, you will receive the correct item back.  If not, you can report the buyer but other than that there isn't much you can do except try selling in a less "scammy" category ~ electronics is full of scammers.

Please make sure that you respond to the buyers request before they ask eBay to step in so you don't get a defect ~ defects without seller resolution are "bad to the bone" lol ~ actually not funny as they are lethal to a sellers selling ability...just a few defects without seller resolution will jeopardize your selling ability.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Buyer opened case, claimed I sent wrong item, which is impossible. Ebay provides return shipping label, I have zero choice in the matter.

To make matters worse, somehow my old address was on as my return address (I've never had to deal with a return before so I didn't know), so I may never receive the item; although I have no doubt the buyer would not return the actual item to me anyway.

I don't think I said block, I meant can I refuse to ship to a buyer if s/he is new/has no feedback?

I've seen it in item descriptions before, which put the idea in my head.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. ebay got involved and awarded the buyer his money back, basically gave him a free item, and i also have to pay for a useless/empty envelope to be mailed back to me.

I sell what I have, I don't buy things to flip them usually. I bought this case off ebay, decided I didnt need it, and instead of "scamming" the previous seller by forcing a return, i resold it on ebay.

So I can't leave feedback on a buyer that "returns" an item, but if I refuse to sell to a person with zero feedback, that person can leave negative feedback on my account? Sheesh.

What's a defect? I responded, but only said that the claim was impossible. I then reported the buyer to ebay, and as previously stated i gave them the whole history with item numbers of how i acquired any and all related items. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't think you can block a 0 feedback.  All you can do is take the loss & let the buyer take advantage of you. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have a old facecloth on my   bulletin board.    It was a SNAD return from another site that was returned instead of the 120.00 piece of silk.

The same site has refunded 3 people for INR,  even through tracking shows delivered.

On the other E site,  I have a lady that claims I sent a wrong fabric and the correct solution is to refund her all of her money,  not only for the wrong fabric,  but for all of the fabrics as a courtesy.   She claims that  it is common on the site.

It is part of the cost of doing business.       Credit Card companies,  and not Ebay are what dictate this policies.   

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I refuse to ship, if I see the buyer has zero feedback? This buyer even created the account the day before the sale!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I refuse to ship, if I see the buyer has zero feedback? This buyer even created the account the day before the sale!

sure you can... nobody can force you to box up a widget and put it in the mail...

but then you have to take whatever comes your way... from negative feedback to account termination...

it's ebay's sandbox, and what they say goes...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous We all started with zero feedback...not all zero or low feedback buyers are trying to rip you off.

As has been noted eBay can't force you to ship, but if you cancel using "out of stock" for a reason you will receive a defect ~ it doesn't take many out of stock cancellation defects to limit your selling ability on eBay.

On line selling isn't perfect and all sellers will run in to a doofus/idiot/scammer buyer during their selling career ~ it is a risk you take when you conduct business online.  Accept the return, have eBay send the return label and move on with your selling career.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply