cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay/PayPal holding funds for three weeks.

crus001
Enthusiast

PayPal is now holding funds that belong to the seller for three weeks. They are expecting seller to ship item before they release the funds. This is not right. How can they expect a seller to ship the item when the seller has not received payment? Yes it shows the funds are in paypal account but you can not transfer to your bank account for three weeks. At this point you are out the ebay fees, the paypal fees, the shipping costs and the value of the item you are selling while Ebay/PayPal is sitting there with your money drawing interest for them. Ebay has turned into one of the biggest thieves online today. It is on the verge of being a scam. I think that sellers like me should join together and start a class action suit against them. Other sellers give me your feedback on this issue.

Bob

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

I’d love to see paypal/ebay go down on their scam, and a scam it is, when you consider the millions and millions of collective dollars that they are holding against the will of the intended, and collecting huge sums of interest off it. They have all my information, verified accounts backed with credit card info etc. I have over six uears listed, hundreds of transactions with a 100% positive feedback rating, yet I have to prove myself, abd so ehow paypal holding my funds does this? Come on! SCAM abd nothing but, and I too want a piece of them! 

Message 91 of 101
latest reply

2011 Thread!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 92 of 101
latest reply

@ironsun21 wrote:
Here is update to my "Ebay hold" on my funds. I waited another 3 days for my money to be released after receiving "closed case" notice a second time. No funds returned to my account. It's now a "theft" case. I called PayPal and they were "wondering" too why it has not been returned. The buyer was refunded back on the 5th of June and Ebay rep said my funds would be returned in 48 hours as the system takes that long. The PayPal person said that it looks like ebay is not to "forthright" in their action. Yeah! Really? The PayPal representative said he would credit my funds back immediately and did so while I was on the phone. There is no reason why ebay should not have refunded me back shortly on the 5th of June. I uploaded information to the case with picture of payment to the buyer taken from Paypal account. It shouldn't take 6 or 7 calls to get my money refunded back. I am thinking about not processing payments through PayPal anymore and just take check or credit card.

You got paid; then you gave the buyer a refund. If you did it correctly, you did it with the "Refund" option in the transaction details for that payment. In that case, there's no money to be "refunded back", because you did nothing but give the buyer's money back to him.

Message 93 of 101
latest reply

@chdosp.esmawkpy wrote:

I own a small window tinting business in Arkansas and have used PayPal to process my credit/debit card transactions. My customers do not pay for my services until they pick up their vehicle and approve of the work provided. We do no e-commerce nor are we a risk in any way. PayPal has chosen to hold my company's funds for 30 days. I have contacted them on numerous occasions with no satisfaction. My company is now in the process of switching over to a legitimate card processor to prevent these types of fraudulent business practices from having continuing adverse affects on our business.

Your new processor will hold your funds too. Good luck:

"A hold on funds refers to a processor withholding some of a merchant’s processing volume and storing it in a separate fund as a protective measure in the event of chargebacks, refunds, or fraud. Holds can be applied to individual transactions (usually high-value or very suspicious ones) or to a total percentage of the merchant’s business.

The latter is usually referred to as a “reserve fund” or simply a reserve.  A “rolling reserve” is when a processor chooses to continue holding a set percentage of a merchant’s daily processing volume as a guarantee. After a pre-determined number of days, those funds are released on an ongoing basis. This happens over and over, hence the term “rolling reserve.” A minimum reserve requires a specific sum to be held for a period of time. With a minimum reserve, funds won’t be released until that reserve fund is filled."

Message 94 of 101
latest reply

@sherrifjohnnygoode wrote:

I’d love to see paypal/ebay go down on their scam, and a scam it is, when you consider the millions and millions of collective dollars that they are holding against the will of the intended, and collecting huge sums of interest off it 

1) The funds are held in a NON-interest-earning account. 

2) I see virtually no SELLING activity in your history. Your history as a BUYER is not relevant to PayPal's evaluation of the risk of releasing funds to you immediately.

Good luck getting "a piece of them". They're worth more than eBay now, and they probably have better lawyers too.

Message 95 of 101
latest reply

Im **bleep** they are doing it to me.They are collecting interest on everyones money.What a bunch of scammers does anyone know a better method of payment then PAYPAL.ITS NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHY EBAY BOUGHT PAYPAL.

Message 96 of 101
latest reply

@toddncindy2012 wrote:

Im **bleep** they are doing it to me.They are collecting interest on everyones money.  No, they're not.

ITS NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHY EBAY BOUGHT PAYPAL.  I guess you haven't heard. PayPal was spun off as a separate company 3 years ago, and eBay is in the process of replacing them.

Message 97 of 101
latest reply

I'm too very mad at this Ebay scampolicy, imagine that both ebay and paypal will collect their fees promptly and you have to wait three weeks or longer to obtain your cash. Imagine the interest they collect on all these held payments, your pain for not receiving your money promptly, mix it in a puke bag and see what happens.

Message 98 of 101
latest reply

@overbid66 wrote:

I'm too very mad at this Ebay scampolicy, imagine that both ebay and paypal will collect their fees promptly and you have to wait three weeks or longer to obtain your cash. Imagine the interest they collect on all these held payments, your pain for not receiving your money promptly, mix it in a puke bag and see what happens.

I don't know about you, but I pay eBay their fees when they send me an invoice. After a few months of solid shipping you will start to get your payments immediately.

Message 99 of 101
latest reply

with you all the way on a class action suit or something ebay even said it shouldnot be happening in my case ended up canceling 2 transactions totalling 975usd that ebay advised me to cancel PAYPAL ARE CROOKS
Message 100 of 101
latest reply

my also same problem 

Message 101 of 101
latest reply