cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay/PayPal holding funds for three weeks.

crus001
Enthusiast

PayPal is now holding funds that belong to the seller for three weeks. They are expecting seller to ship item before they release the funds. This is not right. How can they expect a seller to ship the item when the seller has not received payment? Yes it shows the funds are in paypal account but you can not transfer to your bank account for three weeks. At this point you are out the ebay fees, the paypal fees, the shipping costs and the value of the item you are selling while Ebay/PayPal is sitting there with your money drawing interest for them. Ebay has turned into one of the biggest thieves online today. It is on the verge of being a scam. I think that sellers like me should join together and start a class action suit against them. Other sellers give me your feedback on this issue.

Bob

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Ebay/PayPal holding funds for three weeks.

Sure, case was suppose to be closed back in early June when I called first time on it. I just happened to notice it is still being "held" a few days ago in my PayPal acc. I called them again 6-27, 5th call on this case. I refunded the person back 6-5 with proof I uploaded in the case history for the item returned thru PayPal. There is no reason my money being "held" should be on a "hold" or pending. Now I get email that says the case has been closed. After over a month? Are you kidding me? I'm giving them 48 hours to get my money "released". I have documentation on all this if you want it. Now I see that the initial payment by the customer is not showing in my PayPal account he made on the 22nd of May. Who removed the payment? Just showing my money on "hold" for May 22 payment from him. Now somebody is jacking with my PayPal account history.
Message 76 of 101
latest reply

Are you kidding. Read the posts on here and the internet. People are **bleep**.
Message 77 of 101
latest reply

Then this women on 6-26 says this is closed and it should process in a day or two. Never was closed and no "release".
Message 78 of 101
latest reply

That does sound ridiculous. Usually PayPal is on top of things, but recently it seems they have more issues then eBay. Hope you get your funds released soon.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 79 of 101
latest reply

Here is update to my "Ebay hold" on my funds. I waited another 3 days for my money to be released after receiving "closed case" notice a second time. No funds returned to my account. It's now a "theft" case. I called PayPal and they were "wondering" too why it has not been returned. The buyer was refunded back on the 5th of June and Ebay rep said my funds would be returned in 48 hours as the system takes that long. The PayPal person said that it looks like ebay is not to "forthright" in their action. Yeah! Really? The PayPal representative said he would credit my funds back immediately and did so while I was on the phone. There is no reason why ebay should not have refunded me back shortly on the 5th of June. I uploaded information to the case with picture of payment to the buyer taken from Paypal account. It shouldn't take 6 or 7 calls to get my money refunded back. I am thinking about not processing payments through PayPal anymore and just take check or credit card.
Message 80 of 101
latest reply

Record all conversations with both ebay and PayPal. Be sure to tell them they are being recorded for legal obligation.
Message 81 of 101
latest reply

I've sold on Ebay for the last 20 years at least and perfect account but i have pain in the ass every time I've had to do a refund which is like 3 or 4 in the last 5 years, with them not releasing my money even when the person has been refunded directly by myself. They are still connected to PayPal and have record at hand on the customer being refunded back. No reason to hold my funds. Ebay should stay out of the deal once you sell the item. It just muddies everything up and nothing but a hassle. I've sold on gunbroker for over 10 years with no problems and don't have to deal with such **bleep** on refunds.
Message 82 of 101
latest reply

I have sold on ebay for over 20 years shortly after it's existence and have seen the rule changes get worse and the fee charges get worse and worse. I once sold some shirts and it was such a hassle to just list them I about gave up. Fee charges going up and up. Now fee on shipping and regulating shipping charge cost. You can lose your butt real fast now with mandatory rules on charges and shipping charges.
Message 83 of 101
latest reply

I didn't sign anything that says they can hold my money after I have refunded a buyer back. That is theft.
Message 84 of 101
latest reply

Once PayPal seen my "closed case" with refund to buyer and ebay holding my funds they immediately refunded my funds back to my account. Ebay could have done that but didn't. That's the problem.
Message 85 of 101
latest reply

@ironsun21  Hello, ironsun and thanks for visiting the Part Time eBay Sellers Group!  In case you weren't aware, most of the IDs that you are replying to haven't been around in years...this is a really old thread.

Unfortunately I had a hard time understanding exactly what happened with your held funds...did you refund through the eBay case or through PayPal?  If you refunded through PayPal that is what caused the problem as PayPal and eBay are now separate companies.

I also noticed that one of your statements could use some clarification for those that may be reading this thread in the future:

" I am thinking about not processing payments through PayPal anymore and just take check or credit card."

All sellers must take a form of electronic payment and only certain categories (motors, etc) are allowed to take checks, so unless you have your own merchant account (very expensive to maintain for a smallish seller) you will be stuck with PayPal, and by the way, PayPal is the company that will process the credit card payment, so no getting around PayPal

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 86 of 101
latest reply

I'm just posting on here to make people aware of what is going on with ebay. You need to go back and read original post of the problem. Too long to retype it. Long story short, I refunded a person and then ebay closed the case and then I just happened to notice while checking on something on Paypal that I never was refunded my money back after over 30 days. Had to go back through the whole ball of wax with them again. Still no refund until I contacted Paypal. Basically theft of my money had I not caught it.
Message 87 of 101
latest reply

Things are worse with Ebay now than back ten years ago or so.
Message 88 of 101
latest reply

@ironsun21 wrote:
Things are worse with Ebay now than back ten years ago or so.

Yes, yes they are. 

WIN8 $ucked so bad that 8.1 was ignored & Microsoft skipped WIN9 in hopes we didn't notice & take the free update to WIN10....
NASA, the federal agency  that put men on the moon, fell so far behind changes that they now depend on independant contratctors to do all their launches.
After 8 years under a unassuming POTUS we opted for a change, we'll chat about how that  is "worse" the next time this thread is revived!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 89 of 101
latest reply

I own a small window tinting business in Arkansas and have used PayPal to process my credit/debit card transactions. My customers do not pay for my services until they pick up their vehicle and approve of the work provided. We do no e-commerce nor are we a risk in any way. PayPal has chosen to hold my company's funds for 30 days. I have contacted them on numerous occasions with no satisfaction. My company is now in the process of switching over to a legitimate card processor to prevent these types of fraudulent business practices from having continuing adverse affects on our business. PayPal is a fraudulent company that is doing nothing more than holding its customer's money to draw interest. This is an illegal practice and I agree that they need to be held accountable. I am currently active in seeking legal assistance in closing the doors on this company if they continue to do business in this manner.

Message 90 of 101
latest reply