cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I refuse to sell to a buyer with no history?

I just sold my first item on eBay Canada to a buyer in the US with a 4-month old account and no history of purchases.  The item is a $400 piece of electronics, and I'm worried about getting scammed.  The buyer has already paid.  What are the chances this is a scam?  Can I cancel the order?  What are the consequences?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Can I refuse to sell to a buyer with no history?

It doesn't matter.  No video of something being packed will ever be accepted as proof of anything.  Someone could easily switch boxes/items after the video is made of packing it.  It's not proof of anything, and it shouldn't be, for that matter, either.  Privacy settings of said video make no difference, either.  It's simply not proof, and no arguing of it will make it be seen as any type of proof.  This has been stated over and over by eBay and by the post office. 

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Are you saying that if a buyer created their account and purchased your $800 the same day. You would feel comfortable shipping them your item? 

What precautions would you take to protect yourself from the buyer potentially receiving the package, signing for it, and then saying there was a brick inside? 

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

You do have a point, but have you noticed the date of the beginning of this thread?  

Message 33 of 33
latest reply