cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby, It's Cold/Hot/Humid/Windy/Nice Outside! What's Your Weather Like, Part Timers?

The Group Home has posters & readers that are scattered across the USA and Canada, so I thought it would be interesting and fun to have a thread about weather conditions where you live ~ so rant, vent, post weather related jokes or extol the virtues of the weather in your home town...oh, and let us know where you live!

I'm in No. California where the temps are running about 10 degrees above normal for this time of year...low 60s for a high and low 40s for a low...delightful, but the weather guy said it was supposed to rain this morning, and so far...not a drop to be seen!

Image result for weatherman one liners

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Baby, It's Cold/Hot/Humid/Windy/Nice Outside! What's Your Weather Like, Part Timers?

I do to! I haven’t took my sweatshirt off since 1902. 😂

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 16 of 105
latest reply

Re: Baby, It's Cold/Hot/Humid/Windy/Nice Outside! What's Your Weather Like, Part Timers?

@hollysfinds wrote:

Yes, we who live here aren't happy about the nuke plant, but what can ya do ?

I'm famaliar with Old Forge.

Aren't they famous for their pizza ?

Yes, they are. Best I’ve ever found.

Message 17 of 105
latest reply

I'm guessing you meant to hit the 9 instead of the zero or you'd have a good reason to be cold! Smiley Tongue 

Photobucket
Message 18 of 105
latest reply

How cold is it in Florida?

Message 19 of 105
latest reply

Saw that on the news tonight.    We have been running quite below the normal for this time of year and our HVAC unit has to run non-stop aproximately 12 out of the 24 a day.  Morning lows in the single digits and daytime highs in the upper teens.  Not so bad if the sun shines or no wind, but you put a wind with that and it is **bleep** cold.  No snow as of yet, however when we do get a warm-up Sunday (40s) we are expecting a rain-sleet-snow mix.  I'll take the cold over that mess.  I live in  upper NW  Tennessee very near the Kentucky border.

I really feel for the people along the east and NE coast regions.  They had what was called a "bombagenesis".  Go ahead and look that one up Smiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 20 of 105
latest reply

It was 16 degrees this morning, with no wind. It actually felt warm.

Message 21 of 105
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

It was 16 degrees this morning, with no wind. It actually felt warm.

Ohhh yeah, happy dance...16 degrees ~ let's start the BBQ

Image result for bbq in the snow funny

Message 22 of 105
latest reply

Just south of Boston -  it's in the low 30's today.

First time it's been above freezing since before Christmas.

Feels like Spring!

Message 23 of 105
latest reply

@bandinboston  Hi, band ~ welcome to the Part Time eBay Sellers group, affectionately known as the "Group Home"...we like to have fun while we try to help PT sellers.  We are allowed off topic threads so if you want to discuss anything fun, please start a thread, or if you have questions about selling, go for it.

I lived in a suburb of Boston for a bit and it is a great place...full of history, beauty, wonderful seafood and really nice people.

We have a fun word association game that is pinned to the top of the group...so join us ~ whatever pops into your head  that is associated with the word being played...no right or wrong answers...and there is also a music thread that you might enjoy considering your ID  "The song ramians the same" is the title of the thread.

Message 24 of 105
latest reply

Got above freezing for the first time in two weeks, last night after dark (yes, weird). This morning I was able to grip the steering wheel without gloves. Feels like a heat wave.

Message 25 of 105
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Got above freezing for the first time in two weeks, last night after dark (yes, weird). This morning I was able to grip the steering wheel without gloves. Feels like a heat wave.

I have the opposite problem here in the Sacramento area during the summer in the car...it's called a hot seat!Smiley Surprised

Today:

Image result for wind smiley  and then add rain + appointment ~ Smiley Mad = wet!

Message 26 of 105
latest reply

Up to 39 here now with 3 days of rain coming.
Hang on tight Hidy

Folks, heat wave

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 27 of 105
latest reply

Oh, my...this is snow joke ~ it snowed in the Sahara desert!  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for snow in the sahara 2017

Message 28 of 105
latest reply

As the title of this thread states; we have had it all in a 24 hr period. (almost).

It was 68* and partly sunny here on the 11th.  Midnight of the 12th it began to rain and the wind blew like crazy.   By 6am, it was 31* and by 7am, the freezing rain came along with tiny ice crystals.   As the day wore on, the rain stopped but by 2pm it was a white-out with snow and wind again and down to 23*.   Sometimes huge flakes or little snow clusters is what I call 'em.   It was 18* this morning.  Made it to 29*  Supposed to get down to 10* by tomorrow morning at 0 dark-thirty.   We got about 4-5 inches of the white stuff.  Makes it light and brightens up the house.  It is pretty outdoors too because it covers all the ugly brown stuff, ha!   Downside, this weather mix creates hazardous driving and bad accidents; some serious.  Only problem for me was scooping snow off the deck & sidewalk.  The snow had a lot of moisture so was pretty heavy.  Don't need all that weight on an old deck.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 29 of 105
latest reply

So, it got warm (60). That was nice. Then it got cold again (12 overnight). It’s hard to adjust.

Message 30 of 105
latest reply