cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any of the regulars in the Harvey zone?

Sure is terrible to watch what's happening down there. I find myself transfixed on YouTube, watching some of their local coverage. Hard to believe. Was wondering if anyone knows if any of our phellow pharties are in that area. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi there, doigle...as you can see, the PT Group Home ain't what it used to be...sorry about the lack of replies to your post.  I have spent the last couple of years trying to keep this place afloat...not really sure what I need to do to get more participation...but whatever, I will reply and then you and I can have a great conversation about the devastation in Houston.

To answer you question, I don't think we have any regulars in that area...some are in a state that is close...I think shirls is, but she is safe for now,  We used to have a poster that lived in Texas, and he is missed.  Not sure exactly where though...let's see if we can get his attention...@spdrwb52 ...well dang, it looks like the at mention isn't working...this whole place is falling apart!

Anyhoo, I just can't imagine what it would be like to live through something like that.  I have made donations to the Red Cross as well as my local animal shelter which has a special fund just for animal rescue and housing in the Houston area...Gotta love pet owners...they will NOT leave their pets.

Image result for houston flood pictures of animals

Related image

Related image

This one just breaks my heart!

Image result for houston flood pictures of animals

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@spdrwb52

Now back to read!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Ok donation made!

Umm hidy you can't take all the credit for keeping this board together. 😂😂😂

We are going to have the remnants of it. All the way up here in SW Ohio.

Another day of rain ️.

❤️ To all that is going through it ❤️
😔😔😔

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I'm not in that area and I feel terrible about what I have seen on the news.

In Barbados we got swiped by Harvey when it was a Tropical Depression,

pre-hurricane status... even then, it was a force to be reckoned with. Trees

were uprooted, there was flooding and wind damage to many homes...

but nothing compared to what the people of Texas have had to endure...

not at all compared to that.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

There is a new named tropical storm, "Irma", which will achieve hurricane status over the next few days.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Irma is already a hurricane cat. 3.

I hope that thing turns back and doesn't hit land.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Yup... Tropical Storm last night... in six hours it became a CAT 1,

six hours later CAT 2 and a few hours after that... CAT 3. Irma should

reach CAT 4 and could even max out at CAT 5. Batten down the hatches. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It was predicted that hurricanes would be monumental this year.  Harvey is by far worse than Katrina and that was horrible enough.  I can't believe Harvey is reaching as far inland as he has.  We were cloudy all day yesterday and thought perhaps the forecast was mistaken.  It started raining at 5pm and has been raining ever since.  Winds blew fierce at times throughout the night; esp. the gusts.  It is coming in from the the southeast which is really strange.  At 6 this morning, I dumped the rain guage...5 inches so far and still going.  Nashville, which is just south of me (aprox 40 miles) has had 9 inches up to this morning.  Still in a wind and flood advisory until 1 this afternoon.  Neighbors lost a big, old tree.  Flooding downtown Nashville mainly streets (just above car door window depth) and main roadways.  Now, I'm not trying to say we have it bad because this is nothing compared to the devastation Harvey brought upon the people of Texas.  Thousands of homes lost, lives lost are mounting up.  Hospital had to shut down and evacuate patients!!  This will take years to heal.  I guess the point I am trying to make by even risking the mention of our drop in the bucket, is to note the strength of this storm.  It has been on land for a week now!  It has traveled to TN, KY and won't peter out until it hits Ohio some time tomorrow.  Now that, is just simply unheard of.  With another hurricane on it's way; looking to be another bad one at the possibility of reaching Cat 5, if it hits our southern border, I can only weep for this nation as it tries to bear the burden of loss, life, and the amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ in damages.  Need I add a clown statement?  Probably not, but if that clown shuts down the government as he threatened when Harvey was upon us.....well...you know the rest.  FEMA will come to a grinding halt.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Shirleys~And yet I still don't understand how so many don't see the drastic change in our weather as anything to be alarmed about.  Especially he who must not be named.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Irma is a cat 4 now. 😔
Still to far out to say, but it's going to hit land, islands

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Irma is now a cat 5 😩

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Just heard a weather forecaster say that if you live in Florida and have relatives up north, maybe it's time you go for a visit.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

There is a new one brewing, which will have to be watched... Jose is the 10th tropical storm of the season. It has maximum sustained winds of 40 mph and is about 1,505 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

They don't seem to be stopping. 😔

Message 15 of 23
latest reply