cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping

eBay International Shipping is a new shipping service that removes many of the challenges and complexities associated with international shipping for US sellers. You’ll save on international shipping costs and selling fees. We’ll handle customs clearance, tracking, and post-transaction requests—at no extra cost to you. You can learn more about that here, feel free to review and post any questions you may have below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Will eBay International Shipping work with Time Away? GSP does not and that is one of the two reasons I stopped using GSP. 

Message 2 of 92
latest reply

Did I read this right?PaidAfter.jpg

Message 3 of 92
latest reply

@thestuffyouwantguy wrote:

Did I read this right?PaidAfter.jpg

Hey @thestuffyouwantguy! Payouts will work just as similar to domestic orders and will follow the normal process for seller holds that can be seen in more detail here. 

Message 4 of 92
latest reply

What will happen if I ship an item that does not meet the program requirements?

Shipments may not meet eBay International Shipping requirements for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: overweight, oversize, hazardous, dangerous, or restricted goods. If it is determined that your shipment does not meet the program requirements, the item may be returned to you.

What does this mean that the "item may be returned to you"? 

Since the policy states seller is only paid after seller receives their order then what happens if the item is not returned to seller? 

Does eBay pay the seller for the they did not return? 

Who pays for shipping if a items is returned to seller?

3) Get paid

Once the buyer gets their order, you’ll get paid. If they’re not satisfied, we’ll handle return requests on your behalf.

Message 5 of 92
latest reply

What are the differences between this program and GSP?  Is GSP being replaced?

Message 6 of 92
latest reply

"Just as similar to domestic orders"...so we get paid right away and don't have to wait for the international buyer to get their order "as written"?  I mean why point out the process for Seller Holds?

Message 7 of 92
latest reply

How will international returns be handled?

We recognize that international returns can be a hassle, so we’ll handle them on your behalf. 

When a return is opened, we’ll provide the buyer with a return label to ship it back to a consolidation center. Upon receipt of the return, we’ll refund your buyer and you get to keep the sale.

You're protected from neutral or negative feedback, and we will remove any related defects, including opened cases in service metrics. See eBay International Shipping terms and conditions for more information.

"Upon receipt of the return, we’ll refund your buyer and you get to keep the sale."

This does not seem to make good business sense for eBay.  So if a buyer wants to return something, eBay will accept the item back and then reimburse the buyer and the seller gets to keep the sale?  So "keep the sale" does this mean buyer has already been paid and seller does not have to reimburse buyer or eBay?

Message 8 of 92
latest reply

In terms of from the seller perspective how is this any different from current GSP? It seems to be the same thing. Is the GSP being re-branded as this program? Can you point to any differences in these two programs, especially if this is replacing GSP?

Weird how the GSP is not mentioned anywhere in the FAQs.

Message 9 of 92
latest reply

When eBay handles RETURNS on Seller's behalf, what does that mean?  They do everything and pay any return fees back to the Seller?  TY

Message 10 of 92
latest reply

@thestuffyouwantguy wrote:

"Just as similar to domestic orders"...so we get paid right away and don't have to wait for the international buyer to get their order "as written"?  I mean why point out the process for Seller Holds?

@thestuffyouwantguy Payouts for orders vary based on account and item details that are explained in detail here. Sellers can see immediate payouts if their account meets the correct requirements.

Message 11 of 92
latest reply

screenshot.png

Am I interpreting this correctly? Seems like returns are processed at a  “consolidation center” and automatically refunded, WITHOUT pulling the funds from the seller?

That would be a huge protection and more than we get domestically — basically any international sale is permanent and not pulled from the seller based on SNAD or "changed my mind" cases?

Sounds like the refunded item never gets returned to the seller? What will eBay be doing with those returned items?

Message 12 of 92
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

What are the differences between this program and GSP?  Is GSP being replaced?

Hey @powell-memorabilia! For the new eBay International Shipping Service we will carry over the same benefits of GSP and we will also have these new great benefits:

• Handling returns and refunds on your behalf
  • Eliminating the international fee
  • Offering lower shipping costs to buyers
  • By the end of the year, we will allow buyers to choose when they want to pay import charges, up front at checkout or upon delivery

GSP is being replaced by the new International Shipping Service as well.

Message 13 of 92
latest reply

I wish ebay would provide more details of new programs rather than waiting for questions which seldom clear things up.

I'm  not clear how the international shipping program will handle not as described returns. The update mentions with INR claims, the seller won't lose any money, but on not as described they say they handle the return label (which is good), but then what?  I can't find anything about the money.  Does it come back to me or the distribution center and where does the refund come from?

Message 14 of 92
latest reply

@pcmwire wrote:

In terms of from the seller perspective how is this any different from current GSP? It seems to be the same thing. Is the GSP being re-branded as this program? Can you point to any differences in these two programs, especially if this is replacing GSP?

Weird how the GSP is not mentioned anywhere in the FAQs.

Hey @pcmwire! With the new eBay International Shipping Service we will carry over all of the great benefits of GSP and also have these new benefits:

• Handling returns and refunds on your behalf
  • Eliminating the international fee
  • Offering lower shipping costs to buyers
  • By the end of the year, we will allow buyers to choose when they want to pay import charges, up front at checkout or upon delivery
Message 15 of 92
latest reply