cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your thoughts on why TRS discount is going away?

We all know that 10% is just not really worth the hoop jumping here, so, what i want to know is why ebay is doing this?

Is it just pure greed?

Is ebay struggling financially?

Who's idea was this?

Will there be a REAL revolt here?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Your thoughts on why TRS discount is going away?

As noted on the top of this board:  "For all discussions related to our Seller Update, please use the dedicated discussion board.  "

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

$$$

Not $ure.......

But, for the life of me, can't under$tand why eBay wouldn't po$t a........         PETITION.......before putting in place.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

My guess is that eBay sales revenue is down, and somehow they need to keep their shareholders from dumping them.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Maybe because they are getting rid of third party ads they are going to lose that money and have to recoup it somewhere else.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

People pay alot to run ads on ebay. That may be a lot of cash gone.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

agree with vintagecraze 50, the slash in TRS discount and the increase in FVF is to offset the money they will be losing on the ad clicks, that and I really think they are hemorrhaging buyers and money. This place is like a ghost town the last 4-5 monthes.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I hired them.

Discussion board raid!!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I'm surprised they didn't do away with it completely since they want TRS+ discounts gone.  I guess they just don't have the cajones to go ahead and get rid of it completely. Probably figure it's better PR-wise to pull the bandaid off slowly instead of ripping it off fast. I say rip it off and be done with it, because that's what's going to happen. Might as well quit beating around the bush.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Who advises these people??

So, i am understanding there going to remove the ad clicks, this will cause a loss of revenue, so they must be moving these ads somewhere?  They can't be possibly be just getting rid of that money?

Then there going to replace the ads with EBAYS PROMOTED SELLERS!  Can you imagine the nightmare this is going to cause!  They will be showing on your listings ebays sellers with a price lower than yours!  This will be causing lost sales and returns!

If they do this, at that point, i will be convinced that there only going to have certain sellers here that they have agreements with, and this site will not be open to everyone.  They will only let you think it is to keep getting your money. Serious need for a site that will have the niche ebay let go...and one that has auctions, anyone?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Lost sales and returns not so bad if you are working on competitive prices with everyone else. Promoted or not. Bottom line is the cost for some people. Some because they trust one seller over another.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Luckily for me, I have the best mail lady in the world. Put my packages out every day and she scans them right at the truck as she puts them in.  No hoops for me.  While I'd love to have the 20%, I'll still take the 10%.  My directv bill went up this year. My internet bill went up this year.  My electricity rates went up.  My homeowners insurance went up.  Etc, etc.  Please note, I'm not happy about increased fees, but to expect them to stay the same forever just isn't realistic.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

The issue isn't that the fees are going up - it's that it's so counter productive to eBay's business.  With no real incentive to ship timely, and a harder to reach 95%, why bust your butt?  That's only hurting customers I think.  It's going to be a real kick in the pants when someone sees that 10% just resulted in slower shipments with higher return rates caused by the fact that customer satisfaction has been devalued.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@cad777864 wrote:

We all know that 10% is just not really worth the hoop jumping here, so, what i want to know is why ebay is doing this?

Is it just pure greed?

Is ebay struggling financially?

Who's idea was this?

Will there be a REAL revolt here?

I had mentioned this is in one of the other threads. I believe it may be a preemptive measure due to: (1) the uncertainty of potential postal fee increases and (2) what Trump might do with imports to correct trade deficits. 

The latter point would be a killer for eBay because they have invested a lot of time and money in promoting and assisting Chinese sellers.  From what I've read, as of 2016, exports to China were $116 billion, while imports from China were $463 billion.

It will be interesting.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 15 of 17
latest reply