cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed Again By eBay with Latest Update

Thank you ebay for first increasing my final value fees from 9% to 9.15%.

THEN thank you again for cutting my top rated seller discount in half from 20% to 10% while simultaneously  making it more difficult for me now to reach Top Rated status by increasing the tracking requirement to qualify for Top Rated Seller status.

This is by far the WORST Seller Update ever!!! The only benefit here now is that eBay will take more money from me each month. Just when I thought things could not get any worse... 

Not sure which top rated sellers eBay spoke to, but I would have to imagine that there are more angry sellers today than happy!! Might be time for me to finally leave eBay once and for all after all these years.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Screwed Again By eBay with Latest Update

i agreet ebay has become just terrible, they are making it impossible for sellers on ebay. they just keep taking more and more, it is never ending. im pretty sure all this greed and selfishness is going to backfire on ebay in the end. some one could start a site just like ebay and charge 1/4 of what ebay charges sellers and still make unbelievable HUGE, HUGE. HUGE profits. ebay really does NOTHING (but host the website) and take our hard earned money. fact of the matter is ebay is putting themselves out of business.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

This just sucks! On average in 2016 my monthly seller fees were $3500, so I used to get a $700 discount on my invoice each month, and that was awesome saving over $8000 last year! So if I do not grow my business at all in 2017 (I was actually hoping to do so), at a minimum this will cost $4000. I absolutely DO NOT see $4000 worth of additional benefits to me as a Seller in the latest update. 

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I do not think that is a long-term goal, as eventually, ebay will lose a lot of money if they do not have reputable sellers. Meanwhile, they are cutting back expenses (by cutting back TRS premium discounts and benefits). This will change again when shares go down, but sellers who have a strong foundation will still be here.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

As a seller on ebay for over ten years this is just the changes I needed. I will down grade my store and change my returns back to 14 days. No longer jumping through the eBay hoops for generous 10 percent fvf discount! Ebay hasn' the cared about there small businesses for years. Letting big retailers in and not protecting seller so reputations with all changes in feedback. Be 62 years old in a couple of years, take the SSI and stop the Hassel of trying to line their pockets.

beanniemarie
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Totally Agree with all of you. It wouldn't hit so hard if sales were going strong, but thats hit and miss 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

This is exactly what I just asked the CSR on the anchor store line, and he told me something about ebay was going to drive more traffic toward the site, but only time will tell, and that was going to offset these increases, lol. I asked him what incentive is there anymore to be a top rated seller? He did not know how to answer.  

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Total agreement. You can add to the list being penalized for shipping times when your store is on vacation mode and the crazy Fast n,Free shipping forecast. Buyers call me and say you guaranteed the item by such a date. No I didn't - that expected delivery date is an Ebay calculation. They still leave negative feedback.

Ebay needs to move their customer service back to the states. The team in the Philippines is not getting it done.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply