cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed Again By eBay with Latest Update

Thank you ebay for first increasing my final value fees from 9% to 9.15%.

THEN thank you again for cutting my top rated seller discount in half from 20% to 10% while simultaneously  making it more difficult for me now to reach Top Rated status by increasing the tracking requirement to qualify for Top Rated Seller status.

This is by far the WORST Seller Update ever!!! The only benefit here now is that eBay will take more money from me each month. Just when I thought things could not get any worse... 

Not sure which top rated sellers eBay spoke to, but I would have to imagine that there are more angry sellers today than happy!! Might be time for me to finally leave eBay once and for all after all these years.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I have to agree that the changes are a direct hit to sellers. Postage rates are up and now seller fees are increasing too. The constant changes eBay makes every quarter have me thinking of cancelling my store and moving to another online marketplace. I've been here for many years and I simply cannot keep up anymore with all the changes, rules and regulations. It's absolutely exhausting.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I feel the same, this seems like the "nail in the coffin" for me anyway. After today, I don't even care about my store anymore. There is too many things beyond my control to meet the TRS requirements! I run to the post office twice a day, I think I will be ahead if I just stop trying so hard, and save the gas!
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Corporate Greed!  This is how ebay sellers suffer.  We sell our items at discounted rates because of all the free services people now buy from such as facebook, many apps, craigslist, ect.  So ebay year after year steals more profits from their sellers and increases requirements so they can steal another 4 percent from good sellers.  Makes me sick.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

This part at the end of their updates really makes me sick!

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition.

Really?? So we told you to raise our costs and cut our discounts and that is going to help us grow our businesses? Who did you talk to?!?!? eBay is just becoming a joke where buyers can claim whatever they want to get free merchandise and sellers are second hand citizens that eBay DOES NOT VALUE!!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Aslo the addded Promotions are not available to all Top Rated sellers. These ONLY apply to multi-quantity listings. Therefore someone like me who sells used one of a kind Vinyl Records receives NO benefit here!! My costs still go up and I get nothing in return from eBay!!

Already opened my online shop now on Discogs where I am not charged any insertion fees or any fees for having a "Shop".

I can only imagine the massacre eBay is working up now for their 2017 Summer Seller Update. Not sure how many of the same Top Rated sellers will be sticking around for the next knife in the back from eBay...

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Ebay has no problem explaining what it wll cost Top Rated Sellers, but I do not see anywhere that sellers are actually getting something out of this. New tools? no. Extra Savings? Nope. Relexed shipping metrics? No way.

More Work - Less Pay!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

10% discount is not worth the hassle of a 1 day shipping time. I've been on eBay since 1998, Current account since 2006. Top rated since "Top rated" came along. I do not care if I lose TRS now... eBay in general has become a joke. I've been lied to by customer service, Ripped off by buyers who abuse the return policy, Forced by eBay to take returns even if the items been used, installed or been in the buyers hands for 30 days. Tired of the ghosted listings that others can not see but I can, It's a sick game now. ZERO seller protection, ZERO support and INSANE fees. I came to the conclusion that eBay is no longer a online marketplace but something more along the lines of a social experiment.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

They are just making it a miserable place to do business. Is the goal to not have ANY TR Sellers and just millions of one off individual sellers?

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Yes greedy company gets worse and worse and when you have a problem get to talk to a outsourse customer service agent who cant speak english SMH

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I aggee with all of the above. Ebays new motto Take more give less.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Yes I agree every few months more and more requirements and less money for the hard work the sellers do they have no idea. The greed just keeps going in this world it is sick.  I don't care any more what type of seller I am it is to demanding like a job with someone looking over your shoulder. They keep increasing their percentages and lowering ours not fair. They should lower the regualtions and the fees for once all I have seen are increases year after year. Sellers do not deserve this.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Agreed.  It wont' be worth the bother of holding onto TRS status after the discount's cut in half.  Not having to ship in one day all the time and not having to offer 30 day returns will be a relief.  No longer have to fear about every slight problem that arises and how it will effect my TRS status will be nice too.. 

This is the costliest seller update in years, since the early Donahoe days.  I guess they're hurting for dough and have to try and suck it out of the sellers to make up for it.

The most insulting part is:

"Why is eBay making these changes for eBay Top Rated Sellers?

We are making changes to the Top Rated program to reflect both current buyer ecommerce expectations and seller velocity expectations to grow your business."

Right, raising my fees and reducing discounts for excellent customer service will make buyers happier and put more money in my pocket...lol.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Not only will they get another 10% from reducing the TRS fee discount, they will get the full 20% from the sellers who will give up trying for TRS becuase its just not worth the effort for a lousy 10%.  Sad..  We've worked so hard to meet the guidelines, and now they aren't worth working for.   Once they squeeze out the last 10% incentive, then what? 

I don't give a **bleep** about the promotion of other items in the listing space I pay for with my fees, other than to say I'd rather not have any other items cluttering my space unless they are MY items.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
- John Lennon
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Well stated, Why should anyone want to stay a TRS with these new changes?

This is a joke and a slap in a TSR sellers face.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply