cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION: TRS 1 day shipping...

To qualify for TRS do you have to have "1 day shipping" selected or do you just have to ship in one day?  Question is can I under promise and over deliver?  Can I select 2 day handling time and still qualify for TRS if I'm still shipping same or next day, with tracking uploaded 99% of the time within 1 business day even though I've selected 2 days? 

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@honeville1 wrote:

To qualify for TRS do you have to have "1 day shipping" selected or do you just have to ship in one day?  ... 

Neither; TRS status has no handling time requirement.  You must upload tracking within your stated handling time for 90% of your domestic transactions (soon, 95%) but that can be any handling time you choose.

Getting TRS-Plus status and the 20% final value fee credit (soon, 10%) do require that you offer  1-day handling.

Selecting 2-day handilng will eliminate eligibility for TRS-Plus and the FVF credit, but will help to protect you against late scans.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@honeville1 wrote:

To qualify for TRS do you have to have "1 day shipping" selected or do you just have to ship in one day?  Question is can I under promise and over deliver?  Can I select 2 day handling time and still qualify for TRS if I'm still shipping same or next day, with tracking uploaded 99% of the time within 1 business day even though I've selected 2 days? 

Yes, but you won't get the TRS+ designation on your listing or the soon to be halved FVF credit.

When I had time to list more, I was always TRS with a 3 day handling policy and no returns. 

To be TRS does not require 1 day handling.  That is TRS Plus.  You can be TRS without being TRS Plus.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Hi Honeville1;

You have to select "0-1 day handle time" when listing your item to meet Top Rated seller requirements.  Top Rated seller status is recognized both by sellers identifying that they have quick handle times as well as being able to deliver on these handle times.  

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Hi Honeville1;

You have to select "0-1 day handle time" when listing your item to meet Top Rated seller requirements.  Top Rated seller status is recognized both by sellers identifying that they have quick handle times as well as being able to deliver on these handle times.  

You would do better if you read the answers already given since you are incorrect.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Hi Honeville1;

NO you don't.  You do NOT have to have 1 day handling to be TRS.  That is NOT part of the TRS requirements.  It is part of the TRS Plus requirements which is NOT the same thing.  You can be TRS without being TRS Plus.  

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Hi Honeville1;

Are you missing something??

Top Rated Sellers consistently deliver outstanding customer service. To qualify, you'll need to have:

• An eBay account that's been active for at least 90 days
  • 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers
  • A defect rate less than or equal to 0.5%, with 3 or less defects from unique buyers
  • Cases closed without seller resolution less than or equal to 0.3%, and 2 or less cases
  • Late shipment rate less than or equal to 3%, and 5 or less late shipments
  • Tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, and carrier validation for 90% of transactions to US buyers

Tiop rated plus benefits;

To qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits, you need to be a Top Rated seller and your eligible listings need to:

• Provide a 30-day (or longer) money-back return policy

• Provide same- or 1-business-day handling time

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Hi Honeville1;

Wow.

Please amend that to be TRS Plus, not TRS.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 7.20.28 PM.png

Maybe you need to take a break from posting, and spend some time reading.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 7.20.28 PM.png

Maybe you need to take a break from posting, and spend some time reading.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

You would think that would be part of the job description ......

Well there are some long time sellers that don't get this one right either.  But I don't think any of us would be over-reaching to expect an Ebay CSR to know the rules.  While Ebay says there are 3 seller levels, in actuality there are 4.  And the CSRs should know this.  A CSR that doesn't know the rules hurts the community and that just should not happen.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

I've noticed there are some outstanding questions on this thread. I'll get the info and update you. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

alan@ebay

I'm curious about which questoins you think are unanswered, since mutiple posters have addressed the OP's question thoroughly with consensus from all posters (except the errant eBay employee).  A link to the TRS policy was provided as well as an extensive relevant quote from it. What else is there to say?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Maybe just one question - what are the benefits of being a TRS? I'm currently TRS Plus but am thinking of no longer offering  1 day shipping. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply