cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the EBay $25 Shipping Supply Coupon be really $25 or Discount?

On the surface the $25 sounds like it will take away the sting of the $12/a quarter store price increase. But will it be a "real" $25 coupon or one of those $25 off with $100 purchase of over priced supplies (like Staples and Office Max always offer)? I would think since this is advertising for EBay they would be similar quality that Amazon uses. Hopefully if really $25/free a quarter that has a selection of varied box sizes. I hope this "Ebay-branded shipping supply is more than tape and stickers. I did submit my store for the E-mail updates/notification.

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

I buy #00 padded envelopes for $0.15 each. The cheapest offered by Ebay is $0.25 each. Hardly a good deal for me.

Message 31 of 69
latest reply

When will we get this 25 dollar credit?
Message 32 of 69
latest reply

The listings of the branded boxes are lacking important information.

It doesn't state what the box ratings are. This is important IMHO. Sometimes an ECT32 lightweight box will suffice other time one will need a box with a crush rating of 200. 

BoxCert_byEJS_800px.JPG

And there is no information on the weight of the boxes. This is also important IMHO. 

I was also shocked after various price comparisons that the eBay branded boxes are actually overpriced when purchased in bulk, i.e. if you wish to purchase 100 boxes.

Now I'm assuming, for example, that the 8x8x8" box is probably an ECT32 box. I did a price comparison with Uline's 8x8x8" ECT32 and Uline's box is cheaper than eBay's box when purchased in quantities of 75 or more (100 boxes is $5.33 less or $0.0533 per box) and you'll get them the following day (assuming you order by 6PM), not 3-5 days like the standard shipping service eBay's supplier is utilizing.

Now I don't work for them but sellers NEED to know there are better options available. 

The eBay boxes NEED to be priced less, yes I know that store subscribers receive vouchers for "free" boxes but what about seller without stores? 

ES

Message 33 of 69
latest reply

@posting*master wrote:

Um, I did specify which boxes I was referring to. I figured that since  nobody from eBay was going to come back with any information about what the new boxes will look  like, the next-best thing was the current Priority boxes..

In past discussions about showing eBay on the package (e.g., those Priority boxes, or even the postage label), most sellers figure it has a protective function, saying to a potential thief:  "This is just old garage sale stuff, not nice shiny new electronics like in an  Amazon box."

I'm having trouble picturing 10 different boxes that will be useful for non-Priority Mail shipments.  I could use some good boxes for First Class, though. I do a lot of shopping online (I hate retail shopping!).  About half of my First Class packages go out in re-used Amazon boxes.

I buy boxes from uline and currently keep about 20 different sizes in stock.  If you have many different items you can "need" several different sizes to try and always have the "right one".  

Message 34 of 69
latest reply

@windyman55 wrote:

Why would you pay for thes USPS boxes when you can get them for free from the post office WITHOUT the advertisng for Ebay ??

There could be several instances in which these can be used.  For instance I use a lot of the USPS flat rate padded envelopes, but there are also times when I use a regular manila envelope (padded) since the item can be mailed first class.  This will save me having to be buy manila envelopes.

Message 35 of 69
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I can get them cheaper without the eBay brand

So don't buy any over and above what you can get free, but how can free be more expensive than what you are already buying?

Message 36 of 69
latest reply

If you have a $25 coupon, only one item is currently "free". All the others cost above the $25. It is once again obvious that eBay isn't being run by actual sellers or for the benefit of their sellers. If it were, the cost of the items they have for sale would fall in multiples of $25, not somewhere above or below them and the supplies would be offered in smaller quantities for smaller store owners. Seriously, I don't use 100 bubble envelopes of all sizes in 3 years! The current prices and quantities available make the $25 coupon worthless to me.

Did anyone else notice that on the day the shipping supply store was "unveiled" it already had 2 positive feedbacks? Wish I could get feedback that fast....

Message 37 of 69
latest reply

well we all know free isn't really free.lol.

I use 6x4x4 and 8x6x4 boxes. so I can get a 25 pack of each of them for 30.51 - 25.00 coupon and it will cost me 5.51. 11 cents a box way less than i can get them for. I'm in. It can say ebay on the side no problem. And this will be close to a three month supply for those sizes for me also.Smiley Happy

Without A coupon I would have to buy a larger quanity somewhere for a better price though

Maybe as they get rolling they will add some larger quantities with a better price.

Message 38 of 69
latest reply

I agree, weight and ratings are of topmost importance - as I reviewed that page, I thought the same thing.  25 dollar coupons are nice, but at these prices, it won't go far - certainly not far enough.

Where do you get the tape from? 

And who/how do we make the suggestion to get boxes in more useful sizes?  Basically, this may not be a bad overall idea, but I can foresee whereas a lot of tweaking needs to be done. I do hope the cost will come down as to be more competitive with the free ones available in many places. 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 39 of 69
latest reply

Hello! How do we get the coupon I need to order some boxes asap they look great and I am looking forward to the tape very proffesional look ebay thank you.

Message 40 of 69
latest reply

I would also like to know when the coupon will be coming and how.  

Message 41 of 69
latest reply

@yng1998 wrote:

I would also like to know when the coupon will be coming and how.  

The Seller Update Information Page

http://www.ebay.com/sellerupdate

The page for Store Subscription changes and benefits

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

Per that page, the coupon will be available on May 1st.

All Store Sellers will be able to access their quarterly coupon on May 1st by the following navigation.

My eBay > Manage My Store > Subscriber Discounts.

4-13-2016 9-09-00 AM.jpg

The link for the coupon will show up on the Subscriber Discount page like this (starting May 1st).

4-13-2016 9-31-58 AM.jpg

Clciking the See Details link will display your coupon code for the quarter. You can apply this during checkout when purchasing from eBay Branded Shipping Supplies from this eBay Store:

http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-Supplies

That Store is currently open and selling the boxes and envelopes (and soon, tape).

Griff

eBay For Business Podcast
Message 42 of 69
latest reply

Why would anyone buy these supplies from ebay when you can get them from the USPS for free?  Having ebay printed on the box certainly doesn't add any value for the seller.

Message 43 of 69
latest reply

For shipping via First Class and Parcel Select.  And there are a few sizes/shapes that meet needs that aren't met by the free Priority Mail boxes.

Message 44 of 69
latest reply

So no real bubble mailers?  Just just soft, floppy poly mailers?  And if it weren't for the $25 coupon, those prices would be outrageous.

Message 45 of 69
latest reply