cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the EBay $25 Shipping Supply Coupon be really $25 or Discount?

On the surface the $25 sounds like it will take away the sting of the $12/a quarter store price increase. But will it be a "real" $25 coupon or one of those $25 off with $100 purchase of over priced supplies (like Staples and Office Max always offer)? I would think since this is advertising for EBay they would be similar quality that Amazon uses. Hopefully if really $25/free a quarter that has a selection of varied box sizes. I hope this "Ebay-branded shipping supply is more than tape and stickers. I did submit my store for the E-mail updates/notification.

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@woodone wrote:

On the surface the $25 sounds like it will take away the sting of the $12/a quarter store price increase. But will it be a "real" $25 coupon or one of those $25 off with $100 purchase of over priced supplies (like Staples and Office Max always offer)? I would think since this is advertising for EBay they would be similar quality that Amazon uses. Hopefully if really $25/free a quarter that has a selection of varied box sizes. I hope this "Ebay-branded shipping supply is more than tape and stickers. I did submit my store for the E-mail updates/notification.

Hello Woodone - Thank you for signing up for the notification on the Shipping Supplies store launch. We will be offering boxes (10 sizes), mailers ( 7 sizes of envelopes & bubble mailers) and tape. You should be able to use the $25 coupon for any item available in the store. The store will definitely have more than just tape & stickers 🙂
As always, we look to our community to give us feedback.
Thank you,
Aparna

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@woodone wrote:

Hello Woodone - Thank you for signing up for the notification on the Shipping Supplies store launch. We will be offering boxes (10 sizes), mailers ( 7 sizes of envelopes & bubble mailers) and tape. You should be able to use the $25 coupon for any item available in the store. The store will definitely have more than just tape & stickers 🙂
As always, we look to our community to give us feedback.
Thank you,
Aparna

Message 2 of 69
latest reply

The first thing that popped into my head when I see that I get a "coupon" for ebay branded shipping supplies....

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Message 3 of 69
latest reply

Do non-store sellers get the $25 Shipping Supply Coupon?

Message 4 of 69
latest reply

@jandsknight wrote:

Do non-store sellers get the $25 Shipping Supply Coupon?

Hello Jandsknight - The $25 Shipping Supplies coupon is one of the benefits of being an eBay store owner. But all eBay sellers will be able to buy eBay branded shipping supplies soon.

Thank you,

Aparna

Message 5 of 69
latest reply

Will the prices and quality be competitive with what else is out there?
Message 6 of 69
latest reply

When you say "ebay branded," what exactly does that mean? I can't use bubble envelopes that have "ebay" written on them (unless it can be covered by the label).
Message 7 of 69
latest reply

This is what it means for the current 6 co-branded Priority Mail boxes:

dn2jcopciq3fnfmpaeev2rerde0.png

http://uspssupplies.ebay.com/uspsweb/catalog

Message 8 of 69
latest reply

I'm just curious if the shipping is extra or free on the supplies I'd order with the $25 coupon. Or could the coupon be applied to the shipping cost as well?

I don't have a store, but with no free listing promotions since late January I'm effectively out of business and after 4 years of selling on Ebay as a Top Rated Seller I feel that I am being forced into a store just to stay in business whether or not it is cost effective for me. Knowing that I could get bubble mailers and odd-sized boxes for absolute free with no extra costs or fees would go a long way towards convincing me to sign up for the store. Paying shipping means I probably wouldn't be using that  coupon so it would be worthless to me.

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

@ramonv wrote:
When you say "ebay branded," what exactly does that mean? I can't use bubble envelopes that have "ebay" written on them (unless it can be covered by the label).

Hello Ramonv - the store will offer shipping supplies with the eBay logo on them. We have tried our best to make sure we are delivering on quality, price and convenience for our sellers. You will be able to place a label on the envelopes. We look to our selling community to give us feedback (just like what you've provided) and will use it to expand and improve the products and the experience.

Thanks,

Aparna

Message 10 of 69
latest reply

@themastershands-nm wrote:

I'm just curious if the shipping is extra or free on the supplies I'd order with the $25 coupon. Or could the coupon be applied to the shipping cost as well?

I don't have a store, but with no free listing promotions since late January I'm effectively out of business and after 4 years of selling on Ebay as a Top Rated Seller I feel that I am being forced into a store just to stay in business whether or not it is cost effective for me. Knowing that I could get bubble mailers and odd-sized boxes for absolute free with no extra costs or fees would go a long way towards convincing me to sign up for the store. Paying shipping means I probably wouldn't be using that  coupon so it would be worthless to me.

Hello,

The $25 will act as store credit for you to use to procure eBay shipping supplies. We will be offering free shipping so you will be able to use the coupon to get the actual products. Please remember, each coupon can only be used once. So be sure to make the most of it 🙂

Please let us know if you hav more questions.

Thanks,

Aparna

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
If you just have the ebay logo where it might normally say "another brand's name, at the bottom edge of the envelope, that would be fine. But if you plaster the logo all over, or make it full color, or too big, that won't do, since I don't only use bubble mailers for ebay.
Do you know if you'll have size 000 bubble mailers? That's what I use the most.
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

I use flat manila envelopes as I sell photos--no bubble wrap necessary.  Will there be something like that or just bubbled envelopes?

Message 13 of 69
latest reply

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

Message 14 of 69
latest reply

@themastershands-nm wrote:

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

We will have both - simple envelopes and bubble mailers. And they will be in 7 sizes. We're pretty sure you will find something you like.

If you are interested in learning when eBay-branded shipping supplies will become available, please let us know by sending us your User ID at the link you'll find on our FAQs page. We'll notify you when we go live. And like any new launch, we will learn through your feedback and adapt to your needs.

Thank you,

Aparna

Message 15 of 69
latest reply