cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Reports

When will we be getting a decent traffic report for our shops? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Traffic Reports

@blazebird wrote:

When will we be getting a decent traffic report for our shops? 

Can't report what doesn't exist.  Traffic is way down as I have seen on my listings.  My sales are doing good as my category is really selling well right now, but traffic and views are really down.  I used to get 40-60 views on most items and now I get maybe 10-15 on average with the occasional 50-60.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

This is the question I've been asking for over year.  Still no response from ebay. sigh

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@blazebird wrote:

This is the question I've been asking for over year.  Still no response from ebay. sigh

I think its called they don't want you to see how far down traffic is as you might want to close your store and move some of your business elsewhere.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

eBay Seller Hub will have traffic reporting in the dashboard which will include detailed information on listing impressions and listing page views.  It will also include listing recommendations and competitive insights to help our sellers increase traffic to their listings.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@chfries wrote:

eBay Seller Hub will have traffic reporting in the dashboard which will include detailed information on listing impressions and listing page views.  It will also include listing recommendations and competitive insights to help our sellers increase traffic to their listings.

Will that be the same beta program we've been looking at for the last year?  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

Will the seller hub ever give us more useful tracking information, like: where did the traffic come from? Ebay suggests that we use Social to drive traffic, but if I post to Pinterest or facebook, how can I tell that those efforts are driving traffic to my listings if eBay won't track the source for me? ebay HAS that information, why not share it?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@chfries wrote:

......Why can't ebay do that?.....oh, thats right, google busted ebay for scamming google search.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@chfries Will we be able to see how referring sites with the new Seller Hub traffic reporting? That's the one feature I really miss with Omniture (although the feed was broken beyond repair for me).

I just started promoting on Twitter recently and I want to see how much traffic that is generating.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

At this time Seller Hub will only report whether the traffic came from inside or outside eBay but won’t specify which site it came from (ie. Twitter, FB, Google, etc). However, we are working to add this capability and plan to make it available soon.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@chfries

That's what's so discouraging about these announcements.......that capability was something we had with whatever the old traffic report was........even tho overall it was the pits........ When it was ended, we were told there would be a replacement.....was it last June?  Now maybe sometime soon........

Now we are told about writing the truncated listings for mobile, but that won't come until sometime this summer.....  Get boxes at ebay....sometime.....

Don't know about anyone else......but I'd rather you didn't announce enhancements until they are actually ready to use....  I get to thinking about what I want to do, but can't do it now.....so lose momentum that is here if I could do it now.  By the time it, whatever, gets here (Aug...Sept......Oct?)...the challenge is gone and it becomes drudgery rather than challenge......... think about it.......

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Traffic Reports

@chfries wrote:

At this time Seller Hub will only report whether the traffic came from inside or outside eBay but won’t specify which site it came from (ie. Twitter, FB, Google, etc). However, we are working to add this capability and plan to make it available soon.

Any update on this?  It would be very helpful to know where the traffic is coming from. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply