cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing of store change

I am on the 15th of the month billing cycle. 

If I downgrade my store to premium on 5/1, will the costs and free listings be prorated from 4/15 to 5/14? Or will the change just start at 5/15?

I need to know how/when to manage my listings, working on reducing them to a level that keeps my fees at or below the current level.

thanks,

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Timing of store change

good question

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

The change will just start on 5/15.  Your Store subscription is paid-for a month in advance, so on April 15 you were billed for your Store through May 14. A downgrade takes effect on the next billing cycle. If you downgrade before May 15, the new store level (billing and number of free listings) will take effect on May 15.

See section 6 of the user agreement:

If you have a yearly subscription and you downgrade to a lower yearly Stores subscription level prior to the last calendar month of the subscription:

• You’re charged an early termination fee. In addition, you’re billed at the current higher subscription fee rate for the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • You receive Stores benefits corresponding to the current higher subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • You’re billed at the downgraded subscription fee rate immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
  • http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

@posting*master wrote:

The change will just start on 5/15.  Your Store subscription is paid-for a month in advance, so on April 15 you were billed for your Store through May 14. A downgrade takes effect on the next billing cycle. If you downgrade before May 15, the new store level (billing and number of free listings) will take effect on May 15.

See section 6 of the user agreement:

If you have a yearly subscription and you downgrade to a lower yearly Stores subscription level prior to the last calendar month of the subscription:

• You’re charged an early termination fee. In addition, you’re billed at the current higher subscription fee rate for the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • You receive Stores benefits corresponding to the current higher subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
    • You’re billed at the downgraded subscription fee rate immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
  • http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Thanks.  I read that. Since it always refers to calender month, I found it confusing.

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi wooden_flower,
Thank you for selling on ebay.  All downgrades do in fact take place at the start of the next calendar month and not at the end of the bill cycle.  That is true for sellers on the 15th of the month bill cycle too.  This would mean that if you downgrade on May 1, the old store tier would remain in place until the end of May then the new store tier would be in effect as of June 1.  Since fees are billed in advance, fees would be prorated based on what was previously paid in your invoice.
If you wish to downgrade I would recommend doing it well before May 1 so you can catch the new monthly cycle.  Then on May 1st your new store will be in place.  
Thanks!
Shelley

@wooden_flower wrote:

I am on the 15th of the month billing cycle. 

If I downgrade my store to premium on 5/1, will the costs and free listings be prorated from 4/15 to 5/14? Or will the change just start at 5/15?

I need to know how/when to manage my listings, working on reducing them to a level that keeps my fees at or below the current level.

thanks,

Sue

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

I asked this same question to several different eBay employees, here, on Facebook, on Twitter and on the phone. The replies are all different. I sent an email to Griff at eBay, the only person I trust there to give me the right answer and all I get back is a form e-mail. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

On the announcement board we were told there would be no early termination fee until after June 4, for two months. Here you are saying there will be. I have asked this person;s question which is the same as mine to 4 different eBay employees here (you) on Facebook, on Twitter and on the phone and get different replies from each one. Can you please ask Griff to reply to my e-mail about this inste4ad of sending a form e-mail. He is the only one i cna trust with the right answer. User id: steve9801

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

This comes from FAQ section of May update.

Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply). 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

This comes from FAQ section of May update. Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply).
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

@steve9801 wrote:

I asked this same question to several different eBay employees, here, on Facebook, on Twitter and on the phone. The replies are all different. I sent an email to Griff at eBay, the only person I trust there to give me the right answer and all I get back is a form e-mail. 

If you emailed 4/9 your getting his form email reply email because the man is off for the weekend.
He works Monday-Friday.
And the sad truth is whenever ebay roles out these new seller standards it is impossible for every single employee to know the answer
It often takes time for things to iron out but with this being a case of costing sellers $$$$ hopefully you will get a correct answer.

Also you seem to be bringing up cancelling  a store and quoting the June 4th date for cancel your store without penalty.
The Poster is questioning downgrading her store & how the listing count & billing works

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Timing of store change

The eBay explanations can be quite confusing since the new store levels are in effect May 1, but the store subscription fees are in effect May 6. To put it in simple terms. this is my understanding of downgrading/upgrading.

Store Level:

1.  Regardless of when your billing cycle is, your store level is on a calender month. (the 1st to the last day of the month).  Therefore, the number of available listing will not change until the first day of the next month following the downgrade/upgrade.

2. BE CAREFUL HERE, the new store levels will be effective on MAY 1st. If you are downgrading, be certain that you are within your limits on that day.

Store Subscription Fee:

1. New rates are effective on May 6th.

2.  Your monthly subscription is billed in advance (April 1st billing is for April 1 through April 30 - March 15th billing is for March 15 through April 14).

3. If you downgrade/upgrade prior to May 1st your billing will be prorated at your existing rate:

- 1st of the month billing: May 1 through May 5 at your old subscription rate, and at the new rate for the remainder of the month. 

- 15th of the month billings: April 15th through May 5th will be billed at the old rate, and at the new rate May 6th through May 14th.

I hope this clears this up for some who are still confused.

kjswtn

Selling Our Kids Inheritance

Message 11 of 11
latest reply