cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my current contract become void automatically on May 1st

Does my current contract become void automatically on May 1st.   Also, there is a hugh difference between the Premium Store (1,000) and the Anchor Store (10,000).   You may consider another store at 5,000 items.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi acsads,

Thank you for your question and feedback.  Your current subscription will continue and renew as normal unless you change your store tier.  If you are on a yearly term now, that term will end at the currently schduled time.  The new pricing will take effect as of May 6th.  If you are on the first of the month bill cycle you will be billed at the current rate from May 1-5, then the new rate from May 6-31.
Thanks,
Shelley

@acsads wrote:

Does my current contract become void automatically on May 1st.   Also, there is a hugh difference between the Premium Store (1,000) and the Anchor Store (10,000).   You may consider another store at 5,000 items.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There's also this tidbit from the FAQ question about early-termination fees:

" Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply). To make changes, please go to My eBay."

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Oh, so in other words, if we void it when it's inconvenient for them, they go after us for the remainder of the "legally binding contract", but if we're the ones needing the big boys to play by the rules so we can pay OUR bills, well never mind then. Sorry to be so petty over such narrow-minded bull**bleep**, but I just opened my basic store 60 days ago with a yearly contract rate of $15.95/mo for a yr, and now you want to jack that rate up for nothing and have me buy my supplies from you? Guess what? I DON'T WANT my boxes saying Ebay on them!!!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So my annual contract became a less-than-annual contract. NICE..
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@beckyinga wrote:
So my annual contract became a less-than-annual contract. NICE..

No, but the store fees can be increased at any time (or every month if eBay wants to do that) with a 30-day notice.  That's what this update is - YOUR 30-DAY NOTICE.

The 30 days notice has always been the same.  It never changes. Don't you thoroughly read and thoroughly comprehend all the terms and condition of a contract before you agree to it?  http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

eBay Stores Subscription Terms of Service

• Other terms
  • We may amend these Terms of Service terms at any time by posting the amended terms on www.ebay.com. Our right to amend the Terms of Service includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms. Except as stated otherwise in our User Agreement or elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted. 

The free cancellation period of 3 MONTHS is a boon to the numerous sellers who will not have to pay an early termination fee for cancelling their subcriptions.  That's just a gift from eBay.

You are apparently satisfied with your profit results with your store subscription so what's the problem?  You're making money, eBay is making money, and buyers get their stuff.

Now, what's this about eBay wants you to buy boxes from them or something?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:
... what's this about eBay wants you to buy boxes from them or something?

Here they are. Part of the new hike in store subscription prices will be rebated so you can buy these supplies and advertise eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayshippingsupplies/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p205378...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

HOLY 30 DAY NOTICE!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

really? cannot i just take a sharpie and write EBAY across the box and save myself twice what I currently pay in fees?! JC!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Bring on the double fixed price listings for $10 more with Premium sub - that's looking attractive after a almost a year on my upgrade to Premium, and that's saying a lot, as is I hadn't been liking the numbers & how everything was shaking out, but I'm into this idea & feel like it's an improvement ~ and I don't use auction listings but the increase in that number had me do a double take and at least for a moment my mind was thinking of the possibility of that option in certain circumstances / with certain product ...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply