cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated Customer Service

Good day,

Will any or all of the Dedicated Customer Service - Anchor Store level - be preformed by off-shore CS reps? 

Will any or all of this service be preformed by Asian, Mid-eastern or Pacific Rim CSR's?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Good day,

Will any or all of the Dedicated Customer Service - Anchor Store level - be preformed by off-shore CS reps? 

Will any or all of this service be preformed by Asian, Mid-eastern or Pacific Rim CSR's?

gracieallen01, 

We are providing access to some of our most highly trained agents who will be able to address any issue you have. Their location shouldn't matter.  If you receive support which doesn't meet your expectations, please escalate so we can continuously improve.

Thanks for selling on eBay,

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

What exactly is "dedicated customer service"?  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Will it be anything like the discontinued 1:1 phone consultations?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@brianbse wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Good day,

gracieallen01, 

We are providing access to some of our most highly trained agents who will be able to address any issue you have. Their location shouldn't matter.  If you receive support which doesn't meet your expectations, please escalate so we can continuously improve.

Brian

Brian, I'm sure that is the intention of ebay. 

However, that does not answer my question - although, from your lack of answer, I would judge that the answer is "Yes".

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@blazebird wrote:

What exactly is "dedicated customer service"?  

Anchor store sellers in North America will have a dedicated phone number and email address. Here is what is listed in the seller update:

• Dedicated toll-free phone number and email access to our most experienced customer service agents
  • One-stop shop for quick support for many account-related topics (e.g., seller standards)
  • Proactive policy consultation, which may include advance notification on potential violations
  • Webinars and coaching on eBay best practices

Thanks for selling on eBay

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay needs to reconsider using any Off Shore Customer reps, I had to spend 1 hour on the phone the other day to get an issue addressed, the rep I was talking to could not understand what I was saying and just kept reading the same script and telling me my request was denied.  When I asked for a supervisor he told me no 3 times, the 4th time he finally got me to a supervisor who told me I was right and resolved my issue.  It was a truly horrible experience the main crux of the issue was the rep did not understand english.  Now it is great anchor stores will get those who are better trained, but really all sellers should be valued the same way and given help they need to sell their items. The only way for ebay to be great again is to treat us sellers better and that starts with better customer service.  I am an anchor store so I am estastic for a dedicated number but I remember when I was still a small seller and how horrible every call in was, I think we lose a lot of sellers who just get fed up. I know customers are important but without us sellers you will be in trouble

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

So, the answer to my second question is yes.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I agree, CS reps may speak English, but they do not understand English. I have to repeat simple things over and over or say them 10 different ways to get the message through. Even then it sometimes does not work.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@rockcreeklane wrote:

I agree, CS reps may speak English, but they do not understand English. I have to repeat simple things over and over or say them 10 different ways to get the message through. Even then it sometimes does not work.

eBay offshore reps understand "keyword" English.  They will pick the first word out of your opening sentence that matches a script.  They will then doggedly stick to that script, even if your actual question or issue has nothing to do with that keyword 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Their location does matter. We have trouble communicating. Between thick accents and word usage, it takes a LOT more time trying to work through things and at the end of the call, I'm exhausted! If you insist on outsourcing, you should really allow email as a form of communication instead of requiring us to call. It's ridiculous.

@brianbse wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Good day,

gracieallen01, 

Brian

Message 11 of 11
latest reply