cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Ebay ever start giving free-insertion promotions often, like they used to?

Will Ebay ever start giving free-insertion promotions often, like they used to?  They are offered far and few between now.   I have over 300 items and the 50 listings per month is just not enough.  If you are trying to get people to sign up for the Ebay store, well it's just not practical for alot of us who don't sell in volume quantities.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@wildflower115 wrote:

Will Ebay ever start giving free-insertion promotions often, like they used to?  They are offered far and few between now.   I have over 300 items and the 50 listings per month is just not enough.  If you are trying to get people to sign up for the Ebay store, well it's just not practical for alot of us who don't sell in volume quantities.

I highly doubt that you are going to see much in the way of free insertions in the near future.  Ebay is a publicly traded company and needs to make better revenue numbers than they have been so they are once again changing their strategy and trying to forcce people that want to sell on here to either open a store so they have a fixed revenue stream from them or to pay monthly listing fees to list their items over 50 a month.

Back many years ago we all had to pay for listing fees as there were no "Free" listings, but ebay had so much traffic that items sold pretty quickly and it was worth paying the listing fee.  Now not so much as the traffic is down considerably.  If this tactic doesn't increase revenue like they need 6 months from now they will redo the pricing again to try another strategy.  The biggest problem is that those making the decisions on these strategies have never run an ecommerce store and have no idea what the issues are so they just keep making changes.  I have never seen any business in all my years of working that changed the rules every 6 months on its customers.  This is just total chaos, but once again, it is Ebays sandbox and until another site comes along that has the traffic to support all the sellers, this is the only game in town.  But I will say other sites are beginning to gain some ground as less and less items are being sold on ebay because of these rule changes.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Back then we paid 5-10 cents insertion fees, now 30-50 cents, which is alot when you have hundreds of listings.  I wouldn't even mind paying a .30 insertion fee  if the item sells, but with buyer traffic low too expensive to risk paying the insertion fees. There are other ways to sell and sellers will find the other avenues which will be ebay's loss.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@nextestate wrote:

Back then we paid 5-10 cents insertion fees, now 30-50 cents, which is alot when you have hundreds of listings.  I wouldn't even mind paying a .30 insertion fee  if the item sells, but with buyer traffic low too expensive to risk paying the insertion fees. There are other ways to sell and sellers will find the other avenues which will be ebay's loss.

I agree completely.  However there were times we paid even higher insertion fees, but that was because there was enough traffic to justify it and most items sold, not like it is today.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What does this have to do with the Spring Seller Update? These threads are supposed to be related to them.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

According to Griff in today's weakly chat you can expect fewer promotions. Post # 38.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/April-6-2016-General-Topics/m-p/25414522/hi...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply