cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits you receive will be worth ??

What exactly do the following refer to:

the value of the benefits that you will receive, excluding the value of new, dedicated customer service, is worth up to $1,495 per quarter.

the value of the benefits that you receive will be worth up to $165 per quarter.

the value of the benefits that you receive will be worth up to $380 per quarter.

Giving numbers with nothing to support them , how they are derived, and where they come from means very little without support for the numbers.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Benefits you receive will be worth ??

Agreed. I can't see how they are worth anywhere near that amount.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The benefits are calculated based on the number of additional free listings you will receive for that store level (fixed price and auction, calculated at the price per listing), in addition to the quarterly shipping credit. For anchor stores, the benefit calculation also includes the promoted listings credit, but does not factor in the benefit of the dedicated customer service. Thanks for being an eBay seller!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

But how can anything be called "benefits you will receive" if it is something we neither need nor want?  It is NOT a benefit.

Life is Short---Drink Coffee First
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thanks, but the value of the "free" listings is dubious. I'd prefer to pay what I am paying now, and not get more "free" listings.
But if you're going to force them on me, I will try to use them. When football season comes, I might have to close my store, though.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@jessiebeez wrote:

The benefits are calculated based on the number of additional free listings you will receive for that store level (fixed price and auction, calculated at the price per listing), in addition to the quarterly shipping credit. For anchor stores, the benefit calculation also includes the promoted listings credit, but does not factor in the benefit of the dedicated customer service. Thanks for being an eBay seller!

Basic store.

Today 300 listings for $16 rounded is 5.3¢ per listing

New 500 listings for $20 rounded is 4¢ per listing

How do you "save"  $55 per month as a "benefit" unless Ebay incorrectly assumes you will pay the individual listing fees for each additional listing bewtween the tiers?

Does Ebay really think sellers are that naive, stupid, or that easily manipulated with a made up number?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

If my premium store now gives me 500 free listings a month and 100 auction listings a month........and I am doing all the work I can just to take advantage of what I have.   (the 100 free auctions are a waste because I do not sell in a category that uses them)...why shove more down my throat and force me to pay extra for it???

At 65 years of age I have neither the time, nor the health to DOUBLE my workload to take advantage of 1000 free listings.  So why am I being forced to pay more for "benefits" I absolutely cannot use?  and still now there will be 500 auctions left on the table because they didn't even have the decency to give them to me in a category I can use.   I sell fabric......these auctions are useless to me!  I spend $12.00 a month on auctions......now I will be paying addidional store fees and STILL have to pay the $12 a month for auctions that should be offered free.

I really thought the new Ebay management was going to bat for us.....NOTHING  in this update says anything about the scamming returns process

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

This calculation is intended to show the value/worth of the store subscription, not a savings. 

Using Basic Store as an example, for current stores benefits through April 30, 2016:

• 200 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $40
  • 100 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $25
  • Total current benefit is $65 per month, which is $195 per quarter. 

Starting May 1, with 16.1 seller release, the benefits change to:

• 250 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $50
  • 250 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $62.50
  • Total current benefit is $112.50 per month, which is $337.50 per quarter. When you add in the quarterly shipping credit, this is $362.50. 

The additional benefit per quarter is $362.50 - $195 = $167.50. I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks for being an eBay seller!

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

These are NOT benefits if we cannot use them.   If I cannot double my workload to take advantage of double the free listings then they are NOT a benefit.  Listing supplies I neither want nor use are NOT A BENEFIT

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@quiltedlingcod wrote:

These are NOT benefits if we cannot use them.   If I cannot double my workload to take advantage of double the free listings then they are NOT a benefit.  Listing supplies I neither want nor use are NOT A BENEFIT

I totally agree.  For small independant sellers, there is no benefit.  Why not just call it what it is?  A fee increase.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@jessiebeez wrote:

This calculation is intended to show the value/worth of the store subscription, not a savings. 

Using Basic Store as an example, for current stores benefits through April 30, 2016:

• 200 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $40
  • 100 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $25

Starting May 1, with 16.1 seller release, the benefits change to:

• 250 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $50
  • 250 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $62.50
  • Total current benefit is $112.50 per month, which is $337.50 per quarter. When you add in the quarterly shipping credit, this is $362.50. 

The additional benefit per quarter is $362.50 - $195 = $167.50. I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks for being an eBay seller!

Please read my last 2 lines in the original post instead of leaving them out!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Are you referring to the comment about the $380 benefit? See below for the breakdown for Premium Store. 

For current Premium stores through April 30, 2016:

• 500 fixed price insertion fees x $0.10 = $50
  • 100 auction insertion fees x $0.15 = $15

Starting May 1, with 16.1 seller release, the store value changes to:

• 250 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $100
  • 250 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $75
  • Total current benefit is $175 per month, which is $525 per quarter. When you add in the quarterly shipping credit of $50, this is $575. 

The additional benefit per quarter is $575 - $195 = $380.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@jessiebeez wrote:

Are you referring to the comment about the $380 benefit? See below for the breakdown for Premium Store. 

For current Premium stores through April 30, 2016:

• 500 fixed price insertion fees x $0.10 = $50
  • 100 auction insertion fees x $0.15 = $15

Starting May 1, with 16.1 seller release, the store value changes to:

• 250 fixed price insertion fees x $0.20 = $100
  • 250 auction insertion fees x $0.25 = $75
  • Total current benefit is $175 per month, which is $525 per quarter. When you add in the quarterly shipping credit of $50, this is $575. 

The additional benefit per quarter is $575 - $195 = $380.

These 2 lines

How do you "save"  $55 per month as a "benefit" unless Ebay incorrectly assumes you will pay the individual listing fees for each additional listing bewtween the tiers?

Does Ebay really think sellers are that naive, stupid, or that easily manipulated with a made up number?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Apologies I thought 'original post' meant your first comment on the thread, so was referencing the last two lines there. For this question, I am assuming that the $55 'savings' you've mentioned comes from this line in the seller release: "If you are a Basic Store subscriber on an annual subscription, you will pay an additional $12 per quarter, and the value of the benefits that you receive will be worth up to $165 per quarter."? If so, as I mentioned in my earlier post, the $165 does not represent a savings. It is the value of the store, if you calculate based on the insertion fees included and the shipping credit. I hope this helps clarifies. And thanks again for being an eBay seller!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@jessiebeez wrote:

Basic store.

Today 300 listings for $16 rounded is 5.3¢ per listing

New 500 listings for $20 rounded is 4¢ per listing

Anyone remember Billy math?   Seems it's been revived......

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts....
Message 15 of 19
latest reply