cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers can commit fraud and Ebay gives the a full refund

We just had a buyer given a full refund without being contacted. We filed a fraud case against the buyer because he returned the damaged piece of electronics that he replaced with the new, in-the-box electronics that we sent.  However, our case wasn't considered at all in the judgment.  So as a seller we have no protection, as stated when I called to contest the issue, and we are out $700 and the seller fees. This is just wrong on so many levels. If anyone has an answer, please advise. My only recourse seems to be social media. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I had the same problem with a buyer buying a Blue Yeti Mic from me he then returned one that was all scratched and said it did not work. I contacted Ebay and they did nothing So i was returned a mic I did not sell and had to refund the monies.

Yes this is wrong and Ebay could car less.

What about all the sellers from China who say they are in the USA and then it takes weeks to get your Item. You can tell by 2 mailing stickers 1 from China and then the 1 slapped on the package to look like it was mailed from the USA.

Thats fraud and Ebay could care less.

The Chinese are selling bogus electronic parts like IC chips,finals for ham/cb radio/Audio chips/ and other bogus Ic chips that do not work in the radio.

I have had this happen 3 times and waiste weeks like 4-6 weeks for delivery from China only to find out bogus parts. Yes I got my money back and reported to ebay and they did nothing.

Bottom line is Ebay is a corrupt runned business and they will never stop as long as they are making money.

So I stated a couple of ways ebay could care less about fraud as they say oh I will report this to our fraud department and then nothing.

Good Luck and sorry you got burned.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm going through the same thing. Sold an electronic item and now buyer claims i sold a defective item. In possible as the item has to be programmed and then checked before shipping. On top of it all, buyer has the item for 2 weeks and now he decides to file a claim. If a seller declares in description sold as is because many people cant install/hook up electrical items then screw them up and want their money back for something they did. **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** ebay is loosing customers big time because of these selling rules. I wish ebay did a 7 day refund policy after that buyer is out of luck, 14 days is too long and if you send the feedback to ebay for a 7 day policy they just ignore you.

I have been with ebay since 1999 and with their 10 percent and paypals 3 percent we all loose 13% of the sale right off the bat. I pay ebay about $200.00-$300.00 per month for fees which is a lot for what I sell.

So ebay I'm sure you are going down hill fast and if you dont change your protection policy for the sellers you will never make it back up that hill.   Please someone else start up a like ebay place so we can all sell our items with good selling protection policies.

Oh forgot the buyer was told to return the item back to me by June 23, 2020 and today is May 6,2020 so he can keep all this time EBAY change your policies.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I wouldn't see electronics on ebay just for that reason alone.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I am sure a lot of buyers have been screwed by ebay in siding with the buyer

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am in the same boat. Ebay doesn't give a sh*t about it's sellers... The entire company is a joke biased toward buyers. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Don't sell items you can't afford to give away

Sorry that happened.

Ebay never sees the item you shipped, the item the buyer receives or the item the buyer sends back, so they have no idea who is telling the truth, so they'll always side with the buyer.

Since the wrong item was returned, file mail theft and a police report, in your area and theirs, then use the reports to appeal the case.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

With today's happenings, those scammers who keep up with the news may be a little wary of the USPS postal inspectors.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-20/bannon-s-arrest-by-postal-inspectors-widens-focus...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply