cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 years in - I'm done

I have bought and sold since 2002.

Sold an Item on eBay for $15.00. It goes across the country with no problem, gets to Texas, and someone in the Post Office decided it's underweight. I have sold at least 60 of these and never had a problem.

Today I get a Paypal charge from eBay shipping where they just decided to take the money out of my account with no correspondence at all.

So far it has cost me $23.03 to make it right with my customer on an Item I sold for $15.00 (I will always make it right.)

Today I am officially done with eBay, no more... I'm done.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

18 years in - I'm done

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel your pain. eBay never misses an opportunity to take money. Even when they're at fault.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

Out of the last 10 items I have purchase 7 of the pieces were misrepresented.  I received all my money back for shipping, the initial cost, and postage for the return of the item.  I am not indicating that you didn't represent the item as should be but I am not just letting go of not going after my money.  So, I quit selling along time ago.  I only sell once in a while.  The more you write about your item the better off you are.  I had one thing break in shipping I refunded the money and shipping fees.  A woman didn't like something I said was in mint condition and she took a magnifying glass to the crystal and found a bubble in the crystal and I told her to keep it and refunded all of her money.  I bit the loss.  It was easy.  Those were my only l problems in all the years I have spent with eBay while I was selling.  The more you say the happier you will be and your customers.  The less you say you will be in trouble.  I for one will not let a buyer lie about a product and let it go anymore.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

You really do need a break if a failed transaction after 18 successful years is the last point.

I hope you are able to have a nice walk in the spring sunshine today, perhaps work in a garden or play with a dog.

These are stressful times.

Best wishes and good health.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

This broke me - I can't do it anymore. I can't believe they pulled the money from my Paypal without telling me.
The Guy at the Post Office can't make a mistake? - I got hosed.
Not a huge amount of money, just scary business tactics - I don't need it.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

Its the business tactics! 

To just draw the money from my account without telling me?

To side with one person in 1 Post Office? Considering all of the Fees... yeah, I don't need it.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

No need to feel the way..I'm my year in and still have a 5 item selling limit and or 500 dollar limit. Even though  I'm a lot of privileges, I have to make the best of pls check out my page and follow  or buy to support the ebay community....<3

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

I have had many packages deemed under weight. I just get charged for the discrepancy.  It have never stopped a package from being delivered on time and the customer is never involved.  Even in pre packaged items I have differences in weight due to packaging materials having varying weights.  Maybe this was your issue. My situation may be different since I ship over 10000 items per year on Ebay.  I hope this helps. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

@pinkylan69 

That's odd.

Most sellers are able to move away from restrictions fairly quickly.

It does take a call to customer service-- in these plague times that would be either Facebook or Twitter or emailing with Trust and Safety.

The last time I opened a new account, I was restricted to 20 listings and/or $500, but that restriction was lifted after 30 days when I phoned. That I had a track record going back to 1998 with other accounts probably did make a difference.

Reach out, they can't fix it if they don't know you are unhappy.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

So sorry this happened to you. I have been on here selling since 1999 and I have found that charging me for package underweight is far more rewarding then having my customer pay for it on their end and believe me they will get a "money due" before they can get their package. This almost instantly sparks outrage in a buyer and your negative feedback risk sky rockets. You get too many of those the repercussion is suspension or even expelled as a seller which is far more devastating. I hope you are able to overcome, move on and not allow this to break your business.  Resiliency is needed to overcome all the challenges we face with any business especially in this time. Best of luck to you 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

18 years in - I'm done

EBay no longer uses Feedback to assess seller accounts, but most sellers with a lot  (more than 2%) negative FB also have a lot of unhappy customers who have opened and won Disputes.
Since the Disputes are kept private, we only see feedback so the mistake is easy to make.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply