cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay gift fraud for boat

recently I got scram about a boat purchase, BE VERY CAREFUL.  This person who contacted me a Cristina Hutchins (probably false) about her husband recently passing away and needed to sell his pond boat a reduced price, well what hooked was the official looking EBAY Emails they were false!! The mails included the reason, very nice photos, even using he procedure that Ebay would use, including the the money back guarantee Ebay uses very convincing.  The E bay  phone number they use is 1 408 412 3856 which I track back to Campbell, California part of San José, California,

Christina Hutchins's email address isalmmau8@gmail.com (probably  false) who resides in Lawrence KS. They use the Ebay motors logo on their emails (very official) 

GET THE WORD OUT    I need help to recover my funds

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ebay gift fraud for boat

They got me the same way. Very similar case with a truck tho. They make it look legit and everything, with a professinal description and "real looking" listing I.D. number. Unfortunately they couldn't get my money back. But you can help by reporting it so it doesn't happen to someone else. Paying via gift cards is always a scam. And don't do it. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ebay gift fraud for boat

I've tried several avenues of approach, Do would you report to????????????

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ebay gift fraud for boat

@haska46

Sorry, there is no way to recover the funds.

Once you sent the numbers to the scammers, the money was spent.

All you can do it report the ad to the site you found it on and file a police report.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ebay gift fraud for boat

Ebay has their own place to report scams.  Send them a message and they can open a claim and send you the links to report it. And you can also get on the spoof reporting website. Unsure of the exact url, you can Google it. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply