latest reply

Re: Who here is the longest Ebay member ? 3 years for me

12 years total here...almost to the day! :-x

Message 35 of 130
latest reply

fashionsavings
Enthusiast

I sold in 06 & 07 left in 08 and came back in 11. When I left was about the time the new ceo was taking over, and when I came back I couldn't believe the mess this site is, so I have been looking for another site to buy and sell. Has anyone been over to Bonanza? what do you think of it?

Message 36 of 130
latest reply

Since Jan 2004 for me ... and what a ripping good time I've had.

I'm an Ebay buyer, not a seller. I did sell a few things when my brother's wife established her home business and sold things on Ebay, so I gave her stuff to sell. Almost all of it sold too, so it must have been good stuff. People try to sell a lot of cheapy made-in-China Walmart junk on ebay, but I've always gone for hard to find vintage items, so buying on Ebay has been great for me.

Gosh, I remember the days when I was paying everybody with money orders. I did that for about three years because I was consolidating my debt and paying it off. But never once, did I have problem. It wasn't hard work really, it was just a matter of staying organized. Everybody always got their money and I always got my stuff. But paying with money orders kept me focused and improved my communications skills with sellers during that time. There were a few people back then who wouldn't take money orders. I simply contacted them, assured them that they'd get payed quickly and emphasized how much I wanted to win their auction. They always came back saying 'yes' so I learned good communication could open doors with reasonable sellers on Ebay.

Eventually I got a PayPal account which made purchases so easy and quick, that I actually began to neglect my previously organized tracking methods. I was poncing on things without first balancing my finances. But I adjusted as needed and made it through. For me, Ebay has been great. Now, I admit the situation is better nowadays for the buyer than the seller. I read all these posts about how aggrevated sellers are with Ebay's policies, so it's impossible not to recognize that there are issues Ebay should change to benefit sellers more. But that's not my world. Buying stuff I like is ...

Yay

Message 37 of 130
latest reply

Original seller march 1996, is when Pierre, the founder sent/ mailed, with a stamp,  hand signed papers of thanks. It really was fun, now, I just shrug. Went commercial its not an auction anymore. I too am looking for the new eBay. My son did the data testing for eBay , a bunch of computer geeks did it for free to help Pierre out. Now look at it. Sad.

Message 38 of 130
latest reply

I too am an 06 , will go check out bonanza. Isn't it, compared to what it was like, sad?

Message 39 of 130
latest reply

That is an amazing piece of trivia! 

Message 40 of 130
latest reply

travelnlight
Enthusiast

June, 4 2000 time flys

Message 41 of 130
latest reply

10+ years, and what a good time i have had., met a lot of nice people.

Photobucket
Message 42 of 130
latest reply

Been here Since Feb. 2000...Used to have to wait for the money to come in the mail and pray for a money order and not a personal check! 

Click Here to Go to My Store
Message 43 of 130
latest reply

my first id 1999

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 44 of 130
latest reply

March 12, 1999

Message 45 of 130
latest reply