item sent to my old address

larksnest1
Enthusiast

what do to next. seller never answered e-mail

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: item sent to my old address

If it was sent to your old address thats YOUR fault you would have to re-pay seller again to ship it.

why didnt you change your address in ebay and paypal ?

you should have gone to your old post office and fill out a form to get your mail sent to new address its free to

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

what does tracking show?

if it was shipped with tracking# then it is between you and the post office

maybe it was refused and returned to the seller, tracking would show that.

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sellers are required to ship to the address on the paypal invoice.  If you still had your old address in paypal when you paid, then they had to ship it to that address.

If you don't have your mail forwarded from your old address to your new address, then hopefully the post office will send it back to the seller.  You would then be able to repay for shipping to have it sent to your new address.

Of course, the seller should have contacted you back to let you know this info.  If they uploaded tracking info when they shipped it, keep watching the tracking to keep track of where it's at.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

porter_pony_4sale
Enthusiast

Look up the items tracking #.  If the item has not made it to your old post office call them.  Give them your new address, explain the mistake.  Put in a Change of Address if you have not already done so.  If this was sent parcel post or media mail you will have to pay when the item is received at your new address.  If it is priority it will forward for free.

If you do not know your phone numer for the old post office you can look it up at usps.com.

Good Luck and fix your address in paypal and ebay.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

No that's **bleep**.

It happens to lots of ebay customers.  We changed our address in PAYPAL AND EBAY, but an order I just recently placed got shipped to our (3 year out of date) old address.

We've tried now to remove all vestiges of it, but even at the end of the order, when they asked for a shipping address, I made sure it was our current address, and it STILL got shipped to where we used to live. 

**bleep**.  It's a mess.  I don't know when (or if) we will be getting our current order.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@sillyblindharper

I would think the OP got it answered back in 2012....

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

does everybody have to be a dick?

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@sillyblindharper

I would think the OP got it answered back in 2012....

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@krijaggar-0

yep  Other than being a 6 year old thread.

But just for the record, there are at least 3 different addresses tied to your account.

My best friend set up our account, under his name, and address.

I had to call CS, and they wanted my address.

Ends up they had my partners address from 10 years ago.

They have the address you used when you signed up for ebay.

They have your shipping from address.

And your ship to address.

And phone numbers is a whole new ball of wax.

Then you have e-mail addresses.

The gal at CS ask for my e-mail addy.

She said "You are Sock Monkey Dave" ?

yep...   You are talking to the Sock.

I don't know when this joke went off the tracks.

But it did.

I get junk mail for a girl that I was divorced from 40 years ago.

I have lived in the same shack for 30 years, and the address has changed 5 times, same shack.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I recently am dealing with same thing, but the item was removed from ebay, the money came out of my paypal, and ive emailed the seller 3 times and no response. What can i do. Ive tried contacting CS but cant get a live person.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

that just happened to me. I had changed the address on Pay pal....received a shipment with the new address, yet the one shipped a week or two after that went to the old address???
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Insanely, I just changed my shipping address on eBay and pen pal yet somehow the address defaulted to my old address. It's not always the buyers fault.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

See if you can completely delete your old address.  99% of the time, it is the buyer's fault.  Also unless you are hounded by the mob or the police,  put a change of address at the post office once you move.   That is common sense unless of course someone is looking for you....

Message 13 of 13
latest reply