cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

"SOUR GRAPES"  - No I know Ebay is using their own people to address these sincere and much needed to be addressed issues.

EBAY - IF you do not start listening to your customers and in particular your SELLERS who make up this whole business

YOU WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS

Message 226 of 260
latest reply

Sent brand new watch, buyer kept it for 23 days  claimed not as described ,returned item broken ebay gave full refund. Now I have a broken watch and no sale.

Message 227 of 260
latest reply

I use to try using ebay for help when having the problem that were listed and ebay will never side on the seller. Ebay is completely one sided for the buyer and they do not care about their sellers. The point where I stopped asking for help on ebay was when I sold a card and the buyer said they never got it, so I gave them a refund. Only then to see that they were selling the same card, looking at there feedback I saw other sellers having said that this happened to them as well.  I called ebay and got their normal well we can't prove it so they do nothing like normal. I even asked so if you did find someone doing this would you go back and give back the money to sellers who made this claim, and the answer is still no. I've had video games opened and returned with scratches still they can prove that the buyer did this even though the product was sealed. Ebay seller protection is a joke and is completely useless. For higher priced items I take a video of being packaging it up because I know ebay will never help. All because you have bad buyers and there is no way to report them and have it stick. If at the least you should be able to see if a buyer has had multiple sellers complain about them to able to block ahead of time it would be nice to see ebay do something to protect sellers from bad buyers, but this is ebay and they do nothing.

Message 228 of 260
latest reply

Same with me! Will try other avenues!!!!
Message 229 of 260
latest reply

No eBay help!!! U are just guilty!! U listed it wrong. Moving on!
Message 230 of 260
latest reply

I am so frustrated with unfair ebay's policy on sellers that I am thinking of stopping to sell on ebay.  I just learned from ebay customer service that the buyer has the right to cancel an order within an hour of winning the auction without any reason.  I trusted the buyer because he had 100% feedback.  However, under this policy, who would not have 100% feedback????  Even ebay told me that there is nothing they can do to control deadbidders as long as they cancel the  order within an hour.  This means, that I can bid for any items and as soon as I win, just start cancelling the orders!!!  And, there is nothing the Seller or Ebay can do about it!!!!  I asked if they track this type of behavior, and they said NO.  It is within the buyer's right to cancel within an hour of winning the auction!!!!

I am just tire of ebay's policies on buyers and the expensive fees!!!  They don't understand that the more they upset the sellers, they are going to lose business.  At the end, the sellers are the one paying all the fees!!!!

Message 231 of 260
latest reply

Ebay is a bunch of horse **bleep** **bleep**s who **bleep** their sellers constantly. they let some con artist keep my antique clock and returned her money from paypal, instead of waiting for me to get my clock returned.

Message 232 of 260
latest reply

Buyers are able to leave negative feed back and sellers no. Buyers are able to open a return after they messaged my Ebay email and stated they bought the wrong item, "this power supply is useless to me.... it does not have the correct power connector to run current motherboards... i haven't seen a power supply like the in 10 years...." and then open a return for a defective item when I tested it with 2 different computers and item was new in box and I don't do refunds so they belittled my seller rights and now customer cost me shipping there, triple shipping back to me so now I will be lucky if I sell it local and end up losing on the item anyway and that's if I don't get an empty box like I have read online and Ebay does nothing anyway so they leave their sellers hanging. Ebay: "But they already opened a return". Not selling and considering not buying on Ebay either. So many other choices and lower prices on a number of items. I will also post all my BAD EXPERIENCES on social media. I have been buying and selling since 2006 and they sent me a 10 year ripping me off badge today, they were off by 4 years, Thanks for making sellers feel so low because they don't even give you the chance to check the item so make sure it's in working conditon and no damage no soon as they leave the over priced package on your porch they refund. I will be seeking legal advice. So betrayed.

Message 233 of 260
latest reply

I have a 100% rating and have been selling on eBay for years.  I have had one or two returns from customers over the years because they changed their mind or some other silly reason.  I recently had someone request a return on a used backup storage device that I tested and cleaned prior to listing.  I missed the notification that the buyer requested a return.  I'm sure many of you know that your email gets inundated with emails from selling and shipping items so it's easy to miss one.   

eBay apparently has the policy that if you don't respond to a request for a return they will just refund the buyer without making them return the item.  So now after just 48 hours without a response as a seller I am out $50 plus my time and efforts of creating the listing, shipping the item, etc.  I appealed the decision explaining that the item for sale was listed as Not Accepting Returns and that the item was tested and worked.   eBay kept the decision to refund the buyer and instructed me to contact the buyer directly to try and get the item sent back to me.  As of right now the buyer has not responded to my messages and I highly doubt eBay is going somehow make them return the item.

If the policy is going to be that a buyer is refunded without contacting the seller or trying to ensure the seller has a chance to respond then the very least they could do is make the buyer return the item.  

Message 234 of 260
latest reply

I stop selling on Ebay years ago when fee's started going up. I came back just recently to sell a few things that were just gathering dust. I was very surprised how MUCH the fee's have increased. Just selling a few things can add up in a hurry. I probably won't sell much on the site because a lot of what I could sell isn't worth the fee's and hassle. People of course want something for nothing as well lowballing you on a price. I can trade in a lot of stuff and do almost as good avoiding shipping and other fee's. 

Message 235 of 260
latest reply

Yeah at some point a few years back EBay started to care more about the buyer then the seller. But they obviously forgot with no sellers you won't have buyers. I wouldn't go to a physical store and tell them I want a refund but I won't return the product. I certainly agree that protections are needed for both sellers and buyers. 

But it should be fair and reasonable. Common sense is you buy something and decide its not for you, then return it and get a refund. Its a market that can be hit or miss at times. I don't sell much anymore, its the fee's the buyers who try and low ball you and complain and whine about stuff. I can see why so many have stopped selling. 

Message 236 of 260
latest reply

I just had a buyer who purchased an expensive watch leave me negative feedback. He waited until my feedback period had expired, and then demanded I send him back $50 or a full refund because it wasn't what he thought it was- 5 WEEKS later. Who knows what the hell he has done to it in that time. I told him no so he left the negative feedback. In 19 years I have never had negative feedback! I am **bleep** and EBAY does nothing, they have set up this ability for the buyers to BLACKMAIL you if they are so inclined. Time to move on....

Message 237 of 260
latest reply

Why not take a refund and see if the product is in differ condition then you sent it to her. I don’t understand what an insurance claim is unless the buyer didn’t receive the products. It would be worth it to me to lose $10 in shipping (not knowing how much it was) check the photos and if they damaged your property you file a claim the the buyer broke you items. Then block this buyer! DONT feed the fire!

Message 238 of 260
latest reply

eBay policy is that anyone can return anything for any reason! Returns are part of the selling process. After 6 months, the more I sell the returns percentage rises fractionally

Message 239 of 260
latest reply

You really nailed it. I have been selling on eBay for 6 months and selling more each month. eBay is good until there is a problem and then eBay sucks! It’s like they drunk in their help department. In one conversation I had eBay support member ask me 4 times if I am the buyer or the sell. Most recently I had a 30 minute call and the rep told me the right item number and open a case for me but in the wrong item number. Every phone call requires 15 minutes for them to find your item number so if it’s so important why don’t they put the item# in more places. I sent something overseas bought their label and the the buyer claims it wasn’t delivered. He got his money back and eBay keeps giving a story , when in turn they told me if I buy their label I am full covered. They lied!

Message 240 of 260
latest reply