cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

yes absolutely you are right !! I hate ebay for this unfair discrimination against sellers. After having so many positive sales , a first time fraudulent buyer with no feedback and no previous transaction lied and got her money back and left me negative feedback which ebay refused to discard. Shame on Ebay !!!

Ebay doesn't understand without seller there is no buyer.. Shame on ebay siding with fraudulent buyers who say any untrue story to get money back: Ebay without checking into the matter, with a blind eye refund buyer. Shame on ebay!! Hopefully there will be better companies out there soon.

Message 181 of 260
latest reply

I agree. I hate Ebay for this reason. Closing my account. Bonanza is a better choice .

Message 182 of 260
latest reply

Ebay just does not get it. If there are no sellers, there will be no buyers !!

Message 183 of 260
latest reply

I can tell you I didnt know we would get taxed this year for what we sell.?. I was just buying and selling off of here. I didnt make any money. I was just doing it for fun. Sometimes i make a few buck but i did not keep the receipts for what i purchased. Now the IRS is going to think I made nothing but profit?. I dont know.. But i can tell you I am not selling ever again..I'm Outta here !

Message 184 of 260
latest reply

This thread is several years old...

Message 185 of 260
latest reply

Why does ebay even have a button to click for no returns if they won't stand by the seller. EBay has some culpability here. Really, it's misleading and should just be removed.
Message 186 of 260
latest reply

So true!!! Sick of eBay not standing by their sellers. Why can a winning bidder not pay & have no repercussions whatsoever???? Unpaid claims filed at an alarming rate, but the buyer doesn't even receive a negative feedback because buyers can only receive positive feedbacks? NONSENSE!!! If an unpaid claim has been filed & closed without payment, eBay should automatically post a negative feedback (unless the seller advises them that they are alright with the buyers excuse for not paying). I have been harassed by potential buyers who are trying to negotiate a lower price for something I'm selling and have gotten abusive with me when I make them a counter offer. eBay does not provide us any protection from these customers, you are not able to "report" them unless they've actually made a purchase with you, all that you can do is to block them. Do I think that eBay actually does anything with the reports I've made about some buyers...DOUBTFUL! I've had customers who have left hundreds of negative feedbacks for almost every transaction they've ever made on eBay, seemingly because they've tried to get a refund without returning the products they've bought, but yet eBay does not flag these folks from buying. How can a buyer leave 200 negative feedbacks out of the 300 feedbacks they've left in total? We should be warned about these buyers BEFORE they have a chance to ruin our reputations. If you are consistently unsatisfied with your eBay transactions, wouldn't you stop buying on eBay? I recently sold a lipstick from a long ago discontinued brand (most of my listings are for discontinued items), and I clearly state in my listing that the brand has been discontinued. The buyer requested a return for refund on the 28th day because they did not like the way the color looked on their lips & eBay automatically accepted their request for return without any input from me. I am now required to issue a refund for an item that I can not resell because it is used, I am not able to collect a refund from the company who had sold the lipstick to me because they're sold "as is" and not returnable. I have to "eat" the loss because some idiot decided to buy a discontinued item to "try out". I'm not a Walgreens or CVS or a department store who factors in returns, just an honest individual trying to make a few extra bucks to feed my family. I do accept returns & offer free shipping, basically because eBay demands that I do, in order to receive their selling discounts & to be placed higher on the search (which I don't think actually works in a lot of cases), but returns are supposed to be for items that I might have mistakenly misrepresented, which doesn't happen very often but I'm not perfect, or perhaps the buyer misread my listing. This is not the first time that this has happened to me but I am getting very sick of it. No matter whom you speak to at ebay with your complaints, as a seller you are given a different story depending on which representative you get. On one occasion, when I did not agree with what I was being told by the eBay rep, I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold for over 30 minutes & I finally hung up!
Message 187 of 260
latest reply

I feel your pain! How can we get eBay to listen to us?!?!?

Message 188 of 260
latest reply

I'm dealing with exact same situation, I had an account for years, got burned twice for $110+ item, buyer got a refund didn't send back my items, so I closed my account for years, finally opened another n have been doing OK, had lots of good feedback and out of the blue PayPal decided to hold my funds n expects me to ship a $400 item n pay the $75 shipping myself, n then get paid in 21 days+ so I'm canceling sale, n done. On top of eBay n PayPal both taking a fee out of shipping so I have to overcharge for shipping or eat out myself to not get dinged on feedback for over charging. What a huge scam they are running. I am so over it!!!!

Message 189 of 260
latest reply

i,m a past seller,been through it many times one buyer stole parts from a jukebox amp i sold them won a return,ebay said who do we believe? i lost shipping and my item was destroyed.sold another item as is where is not working.$15.00 item a tool.buyer won to send back.said it didnt work??? cost me another shipping fee on my part..my list goes on and on,,,i,ve got no choice but to look else where to sell ,i see the new sellers rules state ebay wants you to list free returns and pay to send it back now.... !!!! the rich have always took advantage of the middle class.sellers be smart !!!
Message 190 of 260
latest reply

Ebay is moving towards big business selling on their platform. The ones that have the bucks to return and give returns. In other words they are pushing out the mom and pop shops.

Message 191 of 260
latest reply

You do know you can sue Ebay directly and win , when dealing with fraud. Small claims court, very cheap go for the max with extra fees.

Message 192 of 260
latest reply

I agree. I sold a buyer a brand new NEVER WORN no pets smoke free home coat and it was 10 x less than what I purchased it for. I even gave free shipping. The buyers purchased a NF jacket from me no problem no complaints but because of not wanting the coat for maybe who knows why the style or whatever it did match exactly the listing. Buyer lied and said it was dirty and unfit. That was a total lie. It hung in the closet just like 1st coat they didn't complain about and never worn or anything. I have no pets. Just said a bunch of nasty evil words towards me just because she changed her mind. So lied and said it was dirty. Total lie. I am going to start selling on poshmark. I have been fighting w/try to fight the case out now for weeks. I am never selling on ebay ever again with lying buyers! They now want me to not only give her money back - i had no returns on my listing - plus pay for shipping on top of it based on her lies not believing me the seller!
Message 193 of 260
latest reply

Perhaps you are verbally abusive.

Message 194 of 260
latest reply

I say bail out now. Don't pay Sh*t and keep on trucking. Then make Ebay suffer. They will still pay back the buyer 

Message 195 of 260
latest reply