cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

Yep, slapped in the face myself for being honest but falsly accused by buyer for which he gets to penalize me while I can do... nothing, per what eBay says. The big blue whale will slip through a niddle eye before I consider selling anything here. I will pay Amazon twice the fee to sell there, I will risk selling on craigslist, I will deliver package myself on my knees if I have to, but I will think twice before giving eBay another chance to s^^^w me again for being honest. 

Message 76 of 260
latest reply

Funds get put on hold on Paypal if it's an Ebay dispute. 

A case on Ebay informs to Paypal somehow basically

Message 77 of 260
latest reply

I'm highly rated seller in eBay with 100% positive feedback by I sold over 60 items last 5 months with sales over $12000. I have had a Louis Vuittion belt for sale which is 100% authentic and which I have all original RECIEPTS and documentations for. I posted for sale on eBay for $499 or best offer. I had 5 good pictures where you can see date codes on the belt as well as all new tags and documentations that comes with it. eBay sent me a message not too long ago saying that my selling account has been restricted for 30 days because they recievied an email from unknown person saying that my item is not an authentic. I tried to call eBay and eBay customer service representative can not give me any explanations. She agrees that my concern is legit and makes lot of sense. Also she agreed that my account was restricted for no reason but on same time she can't do anything because they have million complaints against them and there is nothing she can do without wishing me luck. million other sellers and I in eBay are in same shoes and we feel that eBay is not protecting its sellers and the policies that they have for sellers are very weak. Every month they charge us fees and they don't hesitate to take extra step to collect the money but when it's time to help us we get nothing. I'm going to complain to every company who can help us sellers with something. 

Message 78 of 260
latest reply

i loss 110 USD and my product, ebay give the reason to the buyer, i send from chile to usa to this poor person http://www.ebay.com/usr/getemcromp tellign that the item she received was not the described, was all showed on the pictures and description of my product im very sad with ebay, i dont want to sell anymore 

Message 79 of 260
latest reply

Message 80 of 260
latest reply

EBay must be run by liberals because their protection policies Suck and make no logical sense! #fukebay
Message 81 of 260
latest reply

I have been an eBay seller since 1999 with feedback of 99.6 and over 18.500 sales. Recently I made a mistake using the bulk lister and had a couple of items listed in error. I return buyers money instantly.   eBay said I was below standard and told me I was banes forever to sell appeal was not approved.  I am heartbroken.    They told me I could still buy.     I know others in same situation.   From an old grandma on a fixed income 

Message 82 of 260
latest reply

YES EBAY ALWAYS COME DOWN ON THE SELLERS SOME BUYERS ARE VERY KNIT PICKY

Message 83 of 260
latest reply

I had the exact same thing happed to me, I was new to ebay and did not know if you cancel a trans action as out of stock that it will count against your defect rating, when a buyer did not pay for my item and not respond to my messages  i would get made and cancel the sale to relist the item and would use out of stock not knowing that it counts against you, and i to got the deadly email and cut down to 150 at the time i had almost 400 items lited, I still have not cought up

Message 84 of 260
latest reply

I'm in the same boat.  Just yesterday received a ding for "uploaded on time but no carrier scan" and lost 2.7% from something shipped 2/13/17.   I earlier shipped several items in December, never looked at my seller's dashboard, was a top rated seller and discovered that using Stamps.com and PayPal shipping does not always guarantee tracking uploaded into "my eBay." So I stopped using Stamps.com.  This one item for which I received a "no scan" shipped on Feb. 13th,  was shipped amongst 4 other items, I stood in line at a PO, received a PO clerk receipt who scanned all in their system.  This one item was already  received by buyer 2 days later.  The tracking was also uploaded into "my eBay".  I check this seller dashboard daily now, and still, one item, even though I have a post office receipt, scanned into my eBay, shipped within one day, I received one defect.  After talking to the appeals dept., I received "its in the system automatically" and we can't do anything about it."  One other very nice fellow stated the defect should not have been in there in the first place.  I was trying to regain my power seller rating, my percentage was down to 78% because of December where 3 items shipped into one package were not uploaded because of using Stamps.com, etc plus two other items were not scanned in, who knows why because of Stamps.com, I lost this top rated seller status.  I was back up to 83.5 % when an unknown defect occurred from the February 13th shipped item and it should not have been a defect.  So now I'm back down to 81.5%. I feel I'll never get back to 90% because the eBay system keeps docking me so they do not need to pay 20% for top rated sellers or if you complain to eBay, you are red flagged forever.  Another friend of mine has the same issue but don't care.  I'm barely making money on eBay.  It was suggested by eBay I use UPS or FedEX (what? for a $20 item sold? UPS and FedEx have exhorbitant shipping fees!

Message 85 of 260
latest reply

If you are a new seller, you haven't yet had issues and cudo's to you.  But the day(s) will come when you will have issues and rethink your reply to the "whining" buyers.

Without sellers, there would be no buyers, and vice versa.  The sellers are the customers to eBay, not the buyers.  The buyers are the customers for the sellers. 

Message 86 of 260
latest reply

Change shipping method.  If eBay is not your sole support, I wouldn't worry about it until the day when you will use eBay as your sole income support.  Just keep building your feedback and do the best with what you are able to do.  The "what's your point" comment below by someone was not very helpful and it was thoughtless.   

Message 87 of 260
latest reply

I sold a man's pocketwatch to a guy who insisted on winning it on the 16th bid at the last second, then after getting it demanded a refund because he said it was woman's watch...which it wasn't. So eBay decided I had to refund him because the buyer sent eBay a note from a jeweler saying it was a woman's watch. Hey, the buyer is a jeweler. And why couldn't I have sent a note to eBay saying it was a man's watch? No appeal. No evidence from me. Now I have to beg the buyer to please send my watch back. He gets his $500 back and gets to keep my watch too. UNBELIEVABLE! 

Message 88 of 260
latest reply

I just experienced a similar instance. I have over 1100 positiv e feedbacks and recently sold an item to a guy in china with 0 feedback.  He says he did not receive the item I sold him and complained to ebay. I provided tracking information and ebay still took the side of the guy with 0 feedbacvk and deducted from my account the full transaction amount. So not only am I out the cost of merchandise and postage, but the time involved with photographing, listing and conversing with both ebay and the buyer.

Ebay would not back me at all..  I am very upset and have removed all items for sale on ebay and will NEVER sell again on ebay. Ebay has made thousands of dollars from me over the years and this is how I get treated...

Amazon would not treat their sellers like that!!!

Message 89 of 260
latest reply

I've been selling and buying in ebay since 2001, my current pt is in the 600 range so I'm just a private user.  I sell things not to make money, just to give it away to someone instead of going to landfill.    Some picky buyers expect me as big retail like Costco asking for customer service for item they paid $10 for it.  Long story short is ebay is no longer taylered to small sellers, it's cheaper and less headache for me to just put it in landfill.

Message 90 of 260
latest reply