cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
36 REPLIES 36

Sock Monkey Dave's bar and grill is now open

'Mice are all about the cheese right? (isn't that sort of weird though? Like why are they after bovine products?)'

Mice LOVE peanut butter...that's what we use.
Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
'Mice are all about the cheese right? (isn't that sort of weird though? Like why are they after bovine products?)'

Mice LOVE peanut butter...that's what we use.

When I set traps with peanut butter they always manage to eat the peanut butter and not get caught. I finally found the perfect bait ... a sunflower seed firmly lodged into the bait holder.

I also live in the country and get lots of mice in the winter. However just recently I did let one go free. I was sitting at my computer desk and suddenly I hear a sound like someone dragging a tiny tiny chain. I look over toward the sound and I see a mousetrap moving across the floor and it is upside down. What the heck! Is that ghost back again? I go to check and it is a little mouse (a field mouse) caught in the trap by one foot. Now that trap he's in was in a spare bedroom that had the door closed so he had to get caught, drag the trap and his little body out under the door and now he's going across my family room carpet. Where is that cat when I needed him? Oh, he's out on the sunporch fast asleep. So I gather up the trap with little mouse hanging by one foot, run out the front door barefoot, run across the big lawn into the nearby woods and set him free. He's walking fine so I guess his leg isn't broken by he's definitely the little mouse who could. He deserved to live. Anyone would could drag a trap under that door and not lose his leg deserves to be set free.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@moondogblues

lol   I can one up you on that.

I just went into my shed for the first time in 6 months.

The back wall has a perfect 8 inch hole in it, ground level.

Every night possums are on the porch, eating cat food.

I guess they decided to make a home in my shed.

And don't even get me started on mice.

Every winter my shed is mouse city.

By spring there will be acorn shells all over the place.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I checked the trap I put in that closet last night. Nothing. But, he did leave me a little poo placed nicely on top of a nickel.  If that isn't a direct, well executed mousy challenge I don't know what is. 

Smiley Frustrated

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Oh my, yes he's a crafty one indeed. Sounds like his way of letting you know money means nothing to him and the battle of wills is on.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave

Don't mean to hijack this thread but the Monkey Is Gone one won't let me post.  Smiley Sad

So I posted on the thread from the Seller's Board that was moved, the Monkey says good bye and now here.

From your other post, I see you had a horrible week.  So sorry you had to go through all that!

But you are rich in people who care about you.  You mean a lot to folks.  Treasure that knowledge! Hope that helps!

Take good care, my friend.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

What "monkey is gone one"???  I haven't been around lately.  Just scanned msgs for that kinda title.... WTH?

Message 37 of 37
latest reply