cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

Re: New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

@g00dies4saleonline wrote:

If you think the woke ideology that permeates the management of left coast companies like eBay doesn't play a huge part in the way they run their businesses/treat people, I've got some oceanfront property in South Dakota to sell you. 😄

I'd love to hear more but if you'll just hang on a second I need to find my pack of MAGA parrot phrase Bingo cards.  
Mama gonna win BIG tonight! 

Message 211 of 298
latest reply

They just can't help themselves

Message 212 of 298
latest reply

No one ever said ebay should run my business, but they are paid well enough that the tools we use should be working properly at all times, & Pl's should be promoted properly, Not promote a listing & then you can't even find it!

Message 213 of 298
latest reply

Comparing B&M sales to Ebay sales is like comparing canoeing with sailing on the ocean.  Two totally different animals.  Completely unrelated.

There are noticeable patterns in sales numbers when you look at the macro not the micro.  There IS a reason some sellers on ebay will always have yearly earnings around the same amount.  That's by design, not organic.  If it was organic the differences in TOTAL YEARLY earnings would vary widely over 10 years not be around the same amount every year despite your working hard at expanding your business year after year.  There's NO noticeable growth year over year once you reach a certain level.

That's online sales manipulation.  No comparison to anything in B&M sales.

Message 214 of 298
latest reply

As I've said before, the evidence is in the macro view of your sales numbers not the micro.  It's hard to detect patterns when there's daily, weekly, monthly and yearly limitations that all play off each other.  But when you look at yearly totals, after all my years of experience I can't seem to break a certain level of sales year over year.  It's good to know where you'll be, but it's very confusing as to why you just can't seem to get above a certain number despite your year after year attempts at expanding your business.

It's not organic.

Message 215 of 298
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

If you think the woke ideology that permeates the management of left coast companies like eBay doesn't play a huge part in the way they run their businesses/treat people, I've got some oceanfront property in South Dakota to sell you. 😄

I'd love to hear more but if you'll just hang on a second I need to find my pack of MAGA parrot phrase Bingo cards.  

Someone here complained that eBay used "woke" colors - I about snorted a mouthful of coffee laughing.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 216 of 298
latest reply

The eBay cheerleaders that spend all day on these forums know what you're saying is true. They just like to obfuscate the topic at hand so their precious golden calf remains untarnished. When you list an item with a 300% sell through rate at the lowest price listed and it gets no traffic, you're being throttled, regardless what the eBay fanboys in here want to regurgitate.

When a corporation shows you that they are untrustworthy, believe them.
Message 217 of 298
latest reply

You are not alone ...seems there is a universal "NO Sales" going on all over. My sales are down also, but I am retired and just trying to sell off my antique business stuff.   I have marked most of my items to under 20.00 and most to 12 to 15. Just so I can make a few dollars for my effort. I sell mostly ephemera (paper items, old books and back issue magazines). Most of my sales are 12 to 15.00.

I can think of several reasons why sales have dropped for everyone. Possibly because postage has gone up a lot and is continuing to go up. My rating for shipping is 4.8 and it has always been 5. I noticed that on many sellers also. Plus we are dealing with 20-30 year olds who have no money, or they are minimalists or they have no idea what to collect. Plus a lot of fraud/scams which makes people turn away from online buying especially antiques which can be reproduced. So who do you trust??? . 

Message 218 of 298
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@gurlcat wrote:

Someone here complained that eBay used "woke" colors - I about snorted a mouthful of coffee laughing.

I assume they were talking about the vaguely-rainbow-ish logo.  -Interestingly, just now I went to grab a screenshot from the shipping supplies page (btw current quarter expires June 30th -don't forget to get yer free stuff!) ... I wanted to make the point that they offer the choice of plain black logo supplies, to satisfy the non-woke community 🤣 

..... but it looks like the black logo stuff is gone now!  So I guess I was wrong; eBay is not like other businesses.  They are indeed hopelessly woke!  Womp womp. 

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 12.37.41 PM.png

Or maybe ..... just maybe, the black logo ones were just dismally unpopular, so they made the wise business decision not to cater to a tiny minority anymore.  Just a thought. 

Message 219 of 298
latest reply

@gurlcat  Some of their products go in and out of stock, so it's possible the black tape will be back soon. And likely many of the boxes, etc, still have the black logo?

Message 220 of 298
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

As I've said before, the evidence is in the macro view of your sales numbers not the micro.  It's hard to detect patterns when there's daily, weekly, monthly and yearly limitations that all play off each other.  But when you look at yearly totals, after all my years of experience I can't seem to break a certain level of sales year over year.  It's good to know where you'll be, but it's very confusing as to why you just can't seem to get above a certain number despite your year after year attempts at expanding your business.

It's not organic.

I remain agnostic about whether eBay does any kind of throttling.  I have certainly seen some compelling data to support the assertion, but it WAS on a smaller scale timeline, a matter of weeks, certainly not months, let alone years.  How could there even be an algorithm that micro-manages (individual seller-level) the macro-level of sales amounts?  How could it anticipate when to throttle your store's visibility, especially if you offer a wide variety of categories, and with no ability to predict future buyer interest?  

Also why wouldn't they want your business to grow?  The more money you make, the more FVF's they collect from you.  

Message 221 of 298
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@pereirahawk wrote:

To suggest anything less would be without merit because voting is a requirement in our Democracy.

The act of voting is not a requirement, it's a right and people have a choice to vote.  

The incumbent can't get voted in, but they most definitely can be voted out.  Let's be real, we're essentially running on a two party system, which leaves only one that can be voted in.

There's a lot of merit suggestive of a bigly transition: Wildwood, New Jersey, over 100,000 souls showed up, in a blue state, mind you. 

Let's go!!!

Interesting.  What is the legal penalty to someone that chooses not to vote?  I 've been around a good number of years and I've never known that it was a "requirement" to vote.  Then you contradict what your first statement says in your second sentence.

Actually that first line was a quote from your earlier post. You are the one who wrote that in Message 179:

'Well that will depend on who gets voted in as our next POTUS. We still require an election and it isn't a forgone conclusion who will be the President until we actually vote and the votes get counted. To suggest anything less would be without merit because voting is a requirement in our Democracy.'

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-All-Time-Low-No-Replies-Needed/m-p/34459012#M2398556

Did you mean to maybe write 'voting is NOT a requirement in our Democracy'? Yes elections are required but obviously voting in them is not.

Message 222 of 298
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

What is your understanding of what the term 'woke' means?

@g00dies4saleonline : What is your understanding of what the term 'woke' means?

Message 223 of 298
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

They just can't help themselves

Nor can you as you continue to participate.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 224 of 298
latest reply

The eBay cheerleaders that spend all day on these forums know what you're saying is true. They just like to obfuscate the topic at hand so their precious golden calf remains untarnished. When you list an item with a 300% sell through rate at the lowest price listed and it gets no traffic, you're being throttled, regardless what the eBay fanboys in here want to regurgitate.

You could only know if members you and others consider to be "cheerleaders" are here all day would require you being here all day to make that determination.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 225 of 298
latest reply