cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

I've had 2 non-payments in the past week, eBay needs to do something beyond just reporting them. 

If you leave positive feedback with "NO PAYMENT, NO COMMUNICATION" it probably won't be removed.  No need to get nasty, just state the facts.

Message 16 of 691
latest reply

If you leave positive feedback with "NO PAYMENT, NO COMMUNICATION" it probably won't be removed.

It won't get removed unless the buyer reports it to ebay. Then, it will be removed and you'll receive (minimally) a warning from ebay that this is not allowed.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 17 of 691
latest reply

i-sold-it-here
Enthusiast

Something just hit me in the head!  Question...Who's Ebay's main Customer?  Not the Buyers.  The sellers are!!!  The Sellers do all the work to put together listings for the buyers, pay all the fees...Ebay doesn't make money off buyers.  The buyer doesn't pay for anyting when purchasing...except the for the item purchased.  I've had a couple of non-paying buyers last month...one of 'em has been registered for 3 years with 0 feedback... Why are they still registered (so they can make the Sellers Life miserable?).  Wasted my time that I will never get back from the preperation, involvement and patience... Those Idle registery should be removed.  Listen to your CUSTOMERS

Message 18 of 691
latest reply

You cannot leave a positive feedback for a buyer with negative comments.

If the buyer reports it the feedback gets removed and you get a violation on your account.

Message 19 of 691
latest reply

pjvegi41
Enthusiast

I agree! I've been selling (and buying) on Ebay for about 13 years. Thankfully my heavy selling days were years ago because everything that I have attempted to sell in the past 2-3 years has ended up being a nightmare. I have continually dealt with non-paying bidders and overall users who just don't get it. Today was the topper: My bf and I literally cleared our entire evening (4 hours in total) waiting for a the person who purchased my refrigerator only to have him show up and say it wasn't going to fit in his kitchen. Really???? OMG Ebay used to be something, now it's a more of a joke than Craigslist. It's sad to see this happen to what used to be a reputable place to buy and sell. `1

Message 20 of 691
latest reply

jplaliberte
Enthusiast

As a buyer I can't leave negative feedback about any ebay power sellers.  Even after contacting the seller trying to work it out and waiting the specified amount of time.  I buy a lot of Nintendo NES games and my most common complaint is people listing things in very good condition even if they are in poor shape.  I don't always want to take my time to send back an $8 item that doesn't work. I would rather just take the loss then end up in an email tag game over a couple bucks.  That however does not excuse sellers from ripping people off.  It seems like once someone is a power seller they could send me a piece of crap in a box and ebay still wouldn't let me warn other buyers away from their "power sellers".

Message 21 of 691
latest reply

I refuse to sell on ebay anymore after the amount of deadbeat buyers who I can't do a thing about. I rarely even purchase here anymore either. There are other alternatives which operate more fairly towards all inviolved. Nevermind the fees. Paypal is owned by eBay, so why two sets of fees for the one transaction?

Message 22 of 691
latest reply

I have the same issues as many posted here. Been w/eBay 13 years, never had a bad buyer, but got one recently. What I found out in the process of trying to get it resolved, speaks volumes about eBay and PayPal. Where have I been? Because my No Returns policy is meaningless - eBay will not honor my terms to buyers. (My policy doesn't apply when the fault is mine). PayPal has wonderful buyer protection, but virtually no seller protection and their policy is to return held money if the buyer returns the item - period. Doesn't matter if buyer has accused seller of misrepresentation/counterfeit, the seller must accept the return even if the buyer was proven wrong and was rude and sloppy. For the first time in 13 years I really want to leave NFB and now I find out I can't. Buyers can, but not sellers?? A poster pointed out that it's the sellers who are eBay's true customers because we're the ones who pay the fees, but they're protecting buyers instead?? eBay used to be an honor-based platform for merchants to conduct their own business. Honor doesn't seem to have anything to do with it anymore - now it's just rules/regs/ever-changing policies to protect eBay's income while sellers are made powerless against buyers' abuses. .

Did everyone know that the CEO of eBay is also the CEO of PayPal? Talk about conflict of interest while raking it in.

I'm working to move my business out of eBay and away from PayPal. I used to have loyalty for them, actually enjoyed working with them, but considering the way I was recently treated, I won't forget they deserve nothing from honorable, self-respecting people

Message 23 of 691
latest reply

Follow the link from **grainger**
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

You might not be able to leave a negative but you can block a LOT of the problem buyers.

Also, another way to counteract negative feedback, I found by accident, is to actually BUY stuff.

If you REALLY want to get compensated for negative feedback and Ebay will not help. You can always SUE them.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/orange-county-man-sued-over-negative-ebay-feedback/nPCqn/#cmComm...

Good luck to us, the SMALL SELLERS who pay the MOST and are the backbone of Ebay. I wish you all well.

Message 24 of 691
latest reply

angels*above
Enthusiast

Love the people who sued the buyers for leaving negative feedback (pertaining to comment below)  I read the article, everyone click on his link, it's great!!!!

Message 25 of 691
latest reply

krissy41985
Enthusiast

OMG why cant you all look at the big picture here ok let break it down your a seller ok your job is to service me the buyer the buyer is always right cause the buyer is the costumer if you worked a 9-5 job you wont argue with a costumer at work well you could but you would be were you are now whining about feedback lol  so we now understand I'm RIGHT AT ALL TIMES CAUSE YOUR IN SELLS but you all have a valid point when it comes to being able to see a persons overall score its good for a seller so you can avoid issues later on its good for a seller so we can see hows going to run the bid through the roof and not pay lol

Message 26 of 691
latest reply

If anyone thinks that Ebay is working for a better selling community just send them an email.....ooops can't really do that. What they can do is treat you like a number and make you go throught their channel for problem solving.

I happen to agree with a previous post that lately, some buyers are being a bit unreasonable and we have been hitting sellers with negatives. This mostly, in my experience, by Ebayers with feedbacks of 30 and below. For a seller to have the ability to leave negative feedback in this situation is like firing salvos at a sinking ship. It's a waste of resources. I have spent a lot of time trying to reason with these types of buyers but in many cases it's their limitations in regards to problem solving that prevents a resolution to remove this negative feedback.

I truly believe Ebay needs to address the issue of negative feedback by accounts of 50 feedback and below. Their new account should come with a limitation on negative feedback or a new rating system completely to include abilities to file a case.

It's up to Ebay to act like they really care about the seller and limit the knuckle draggers that join everyday.

It's a lowball universe here and we have to live with it or leave.

Message 27 of 691
latest reply

olywawest
Enthusiast

It really isn't fair that sellers have no way to let others know about a deadbeat buyer by leaving negative feedback.  But it could be worse...back in the day...about 15 years ago anyone could leave negative feedback for anyone whether you had a transaction with them or not.  It got out of control.  But ebay does need to come up with an alternate plan for sellers to leave some kind of feedback besides positive.  Maybe even allowing neutral would be good. 

Message 28 of 691
latest reply

You can't have a buyer without a seller, so both buyer and seller should be important to ebay.

Message 29 of 691
latest reply

Do NOT leave a NASTY positive feedback for a buyer.  Unless of course you like TOS.

Cass
Message 30 of 691
latest reply