cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake stamps

Hello,

I got this in the mail today. Did the addresses white out, of course. I got a letter from someone I don't think I know. I had to look at it carefully and I did see one real forever stamp on it. Do you think someone has too much time on their hands? And I am curious if this is legal? It did make it to me. I would have thought someone in the USPS would have stolen it. I guess we can honestly trust the USPS. Quite colorful. The letter just talks about himself from Oregon....not China. 

He may have purchased something in the past...but he said I got his name and address first.FrontBack

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fake stamps

@12345jamesstamps 

"And I am curious if this is legal?"

There is no USPS regulation against decorated envelopes -- just as long as there is sufficient postage on the envelope.   

Many greeting card companies sell heavily decorated envelopes, and these hand-made illustrated envelopes have been popular since the mid-1800s.  And don't forget the special illustrated "First Day Cover" envelopes!

Any stamps of value on that envelope?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Fake stamps

The flag forever stamp looks fake to me. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fake stamps

Interesting conversation piece.   I like the stamps all over it.  Amazes me they ran it through.

So, are all the stamps fake and how can you tell?  I remember buying some stamps when I was about 12 or so.  Forget the name of the company it was so many years ago.   I have often wondered (years later) if they were real or fake. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fake stamps

@12345jamesstamps 

"And I am curious if this is legal?"

There is no USPS regulation against decorated envelopes -- just as long as there is sufficient postage on the envelope.   

Many greeting card companies sell heavily decorated envelopes, and these hand-made illustrated envelopes have been popular since the mid-1800s.  And don't forget the special illustrated "First Day Cover" envelopes!

Any stamps of value on that envelope?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply