cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Be Careful

My son is a software manager in cyber security.

They are expecting an increase in emails to the average American in response to sanctions imposed.

They have in the past used Amazon, CC companies and Google  as a gateway,  but they expect more attacks with more companies.

Be careful what you open.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Emails Be Careful

Good advice.  Thanks,

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Thanks for being so good to let us all know.  Much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Yep.  I tell people all the time to not trust emails.  Some people refuse to listen, and those are the ones getting hacked. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Good advice and be aware it's not just emails. Be alert on social media posts and even text messages all our being used for phishing campaigns. Also, be alert to scams around charitable giving for Ukraine or other efforts to help refugees, etc. Make sure you do your diligence before giving.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

agreed, I have received over 15 junk emails a day for the past six or seven days. Sorta odd for me. I rarely receive these types of emails. Not even good fakes, they show odd symbols and use wrong font and pattern for the company they claim to be. Links everything from well know companies to old school adult links.

I go straight to spam with these, I don't even open them. IS THAT the correct WAY to deal with them????

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Good advice and yes, the cyperattacks, cyberscams and the like will increase dramatically in the coming days, weeks & months for sure.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Why will they increase dramatically? Because of the Russia/Ukraine conflict?  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

@soh.maryl wrote:

Why will they increase dramatically? Because of the Russia/Ukraine conflict?  

Mhmm. With them shutting off their SWIFT international payment access and the Russian banks emptying out rapidly they will be looking for money by whatever means possible.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

Thanks @whatmorefabric ,

I saw reports of that and other potential issues on the News. 

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

I'm not an expert but I just counted mine, 38 odd spam emails just past 2 days (yes, I'm counting because the 3 days prior I started to get a lot, so I started counting for kicks).

I cannot remember getting more that 1 or 2 a month prior to the conflict/war.

So, you tell me. 

My father-in-law, rest in peace, was a special agent Director of IRS unit in Chicagoland area, taught me, He doesn't believe in coincidences.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

@collectfest wrote:

I'm not an expert but I just counted mine, 38 odd spam emails just past 2 days (yes, I'm counting because the 3 days prior I started to get a lot, so I started counting for kicks).

I cannot remember getting more that 1 or 2 a month prior to the conflict/war.

So, you tell me. 

My father-in-law, rest in peace, was a special agent Director of IRS unit in Chicagoland area, taught me, He doesn't believe in coincidences.

since my last post a few hours ago up to 52.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Emails Be Careful

@wildpitchsports That, plus anytime there is an international story like war or natural disaster, the phishers ramp up their game. For them the game is a psychological one, pull on a heart string (help the refugee children; create a panic(  computers worldwide under attack); Breaking News ( city falls, troops do this or that).

You get the idea. Play the moment and get people to act.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply