cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Good grief people ~Everyone knows  why Captain Obvious doesn't sell on eBay....

Message 1126 of 1,161
latest reply

They have skyrocketed! I sold some items on eBay for a total of @ $250 total, eBay charged me $182.00! That is outrageous. 

Message 1127 of 1,161
latest reply

...and that solves what, exactly?  It is still over-inflating costs in the overall market, and doing nothing to address an insane business practice.  Like Apple, Ebay is not content with profits from increased sales; it wants to increase sales and profit margins on each individual sale.

Message 1128 of 1,161
latest reply

A 20% discount on a hundred fold markup... so, the seller is still paying an 80% inflated fee. And insult to injury is that even shipping fees are charged the same fee rate, which is borderline illegal.
Message 1129 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree.  I have had to stop using them. Seems like after shipping costs, eBay fees and PayPal fees, I may as well just donate the items.  

Message 1130 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold some stuff  and will not do it anymore due to the huge fees. If i known how huge the fees would be its just more practical not to sell my items. And when I do by something It turns out to be cheap good from Chinese bulk sellers. Ebay is now a greedy flea market. not thanks.

Message 1131 of 1,161
latest reply

Yea it wasn't until today when I got charged 46.00's for a 440.00 item that I remembered why I left eBay the first time.

That's essentially the entire profit going to eBay without Paypal's cut. The Italian mob would think these fee Nazi's were excessive.

20 some years later, even with Amazon swimming in the water eBay is playing a game of outlast, I just don't understand why Admiral Bezo just doesn't launch a volley of photon torpedo's and be done with these donut holes.

Message 1132 of 1,161
latest reply

In this period a lot of people, businesses, etc are being charitable and helping each other out. landlords, workplace. eBay has been bigger than ever with online shopping during lockdown. Yet their fees are going up, shipping discount no longer. I just see gouging and greed. Not a good feature! I'm looking for an alternative. I think it's despicable.
Message 1133 of 1,161
latest reply

I payed 10% final value fee, i also payed 5% at paypal ,plus ebay forced me to set postage and packing for a video game at only 3,5 pounds for shipping to UK ( i live in Greece )!! PnP alone was 18 euros. Bye bye e-bay... Last time i sold here..

Message 1134 of 1,161
latest reply

Yup, I'm usually a buyer on Ebay but decided to sell some portable solar panels. The last time I sold on this platform everything seemed normal and reasonable. Not any more. The fees made the sale a loss. Now that I know there is so much pressure on sellers, I don't think good deals still exist.  I am pretty much done with Ebay as a seller and as a buyer. They get people super invested in using the service and then rip sellers off to the point of going broke or gouging customers.  The main reason I have a PayPal account is to interact with Ebay so I can kill two crooks with one stone.

Message 1135 of 1,161
latest reply

For 10-15%, they should be selling and shipping your products for you. It's really to bad that they won't be missed when they self implode.

Message 1136 of 1,161
latest reply

you guys have to look it like this you made someone happy today that  ceo and stock holder  there living the good life on the beach in Bahamians  thinks to your hard work  someone will eat a tasty steak and good wine and a fresh woman today😁

Message 1137 of 1,161
latest reply

I am 7 years late haha

Message 1138 of 1,161
latest reply

No you are not the only one, I have sold quite a few things over the years but lately it seems that I get a chunk taken out of the amount I make, plus tax, plus paypal fees, it’s horrendous and quite honestly shameful. I also noticed that lately I have been screwed on the shipping. I sold an item (a Collectable helmet) for $50 using their “calculated shipping” which it charged the winner $15 for. When I took it to USPS they quoted me $50 shipping. Yes you could say an oversight on my part but only because i believed that the calculated cost based on buyer location would be correct. I cancelled the order and refunded the buyer and now I am done with EBay.

Message 1139 of 1,161
latest reply

I just figured they take 18-30%.   What’s up

Message 1140 of 1,161
latest reply