cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

It's called gasoline, no need to be snarky.  DO you know how far the seller lives from their PO?  And maybe it eats into other productive time. 

Message 1066 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree 100% with your post. Sold an item for $150 tonight and after all the **bleep** fees was left with $112. Soon my friends there will be ways to sell and do it through other selling sites and you will be able to use Crypto Currencies and this will make High fee PayPal and High Fee eBay obsolete and a thing of the past.

Over the years PayPal and eBay have just gotten greedy with the fees and they do a terrible job explaining the fees. You have to dig through multiple pages to find a basic answer. Disgusted seller.
Message 1067 of 1,161
latest reply

I am not a business, just an individual downsizing my personal doll collection and some old electronics. I find the final fee charged by eBay and PayPal to be too high, they both add up to around 20%. I am in Canada but list my items in the US site in US$ because I bought the items in US$, it just makes sense to sell in US$ but I feel that PayPal and eBay are also making money out of currency exchange. I am unable to sell on local sites like Kijiji, Craigslist etc in Canada because my buyers are outside Canada, either in the US or Asia. I was at first shocked by the fees, I did not know it was so high, I felt scammed of my rare vintage dolls. Now that I know, I have to put a fee premium on all items sold.

Actually, I'm not trying to make money out of this, I'm downsizing, but items like vintage doll and figure collections cannot be sold at cost or at a loss to the collector. I feel very stupid to lose my collection to high fees.    

Message 1068 of 1,161
latest reply

I will try other venues after my most recent experience. As a casual seller I was FLOORED to learn the high cost of fees associated with a $320 sale + $30 shipping. A $10.45 Paypal fee, $35 ebay fee the combined total of 13%. Combine that with ebays constant nagging about reducing prices even on sub $10 items and I've reached my limit with them.

Message 1069 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree 💯 I had to cancel my last t sale based on those fees . I cannot incure such a loss .  I am working with an internet company to build an Auction site that will cost a min 5.00 set up with a Max of 15.00 based on product final sale price +3% 

Message 1070 of 1,161
latest reply

**bleep** you ebay
Message 1071 of 1,161
latest reply

"Im working with an internet company" sounds like you dont know dick about programming good luck with that one. Hope they didnt tell you they had to build this software from scratch. Plenty of out of the box auction products on the market.

Message 1072 of 1,161
latest reply

I had not sold on eBay for awhile - now I see they charge their high listing fee EACH time I re-list the unsold item. Why is there no competition?
Message 1073 of 1,161
latest reply

It was my first time selling on eBay in a long time... HOLY **bleep** HAVE THOSE FEES GOTTEN BAD!!!... I'd rather send the **bleep** to the landfill!

Message 1074 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree. Just got charged 11% and then PayPal adds more I am using Craigslist moving forward or simply keeping the item or giving to charity  Not worth precious time. 

Message 1075 of 1,161
latest reply

What do you mean?
Message 1076 of 1,161
latest reply

Time to find an alternative to Ebay, the fees are out of control.

Message 1077 of 1,161
latest reply

You are exactly right. Ebay selling has slowed down significantly such that they are constantly trying "gimmicks" that don't work either.

-

Instead of doing the obvious which is reduce the final value fee, they try all sorts of gimmicks.

Message 1078 of 1,161
latest reply

dumb answer.. probably an Ebay representative saying this.

If you raise prices to cover eBay's exorbitant selling fees  then people won't buy.

Rather, Ebay should lower their fees to 7%.

The Selling Fees are the reason seller are looking at alternatives to Ebay. You are just killing yourselves in the long run with those high fees, hidden charges.

Message 1079 of 1,161
latest reply

Youre not alone. Ebay makes every effort to hide their fee costs. Its all a great mystery until you get your monthly invoice. And then the 10% final value fee ?!?!?! Holy #$*#$. It sure aint the sellers making bank here. Its Ebay extortionists!!
Message 1080 of 1,161
latest reply