cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Over the past 30 day cycle Ive sold $2488 in merchandise, mostly sci fi /fantasy collectibles. I'm wondering how I just got slapped with $392 in fees? Can anyone help?

Message 1036 of 1,161
latest reply

I'd love to learn that this is related to users finally waking up.

eBay (EBAY) is sliding Thursday morning after reporting soft results in the 2nd quarter. eBay beat on earnings, but missed on revenue and reduced its full-year outlook. The company blamed the strengthening U.S. dollar, which it says is hurting international sales. Almost 60% of eBay’s business now comes from international markets.

Message 1037 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes.. ebay fees are ridiculously high. I am no longer selling on ebay.
Message 1038 of 1,161
latest reply

I totally agree, I've been selling on eBay trying to supplement my income because I have a part time job. The fees are way to high! It's like selling for nothing. As soon as I sell my listed items  I'm quitting eBay. Every time I check my account balance eBay & PayPal are pulling money out of my account. So after fees, packaging & labels and fuel to the post office your selling items for little or no profit

Message 1039 of 1,161
latest reply

You are 100% right. Sellers made EBay, not the other way around, and pure GREED is screwing us sellers bad! Not only is the final value fee of 10% ridiculous, they have the nerve to charge outlandish fees for PayPal on top of that. Example, i just sold a tablet “including shipping” for 275.00. I had to pay 8.25 right off the bat in PayPal fees instantly. Then i had to pay 13.65 to ship the item. Now i will have to pay 27.50 in eBay fees as well. Just not worth it. What a shame, they clearly have their own best interest at heart!!

Message 1040 of 1,161
latest reply

Time to quit selling on ebay!  Fees are too high 

Message 1041 of 1,161
latest reply

way too high... i am looking for alternative places to sell. I hope ebay goes under

Message 1042 of 1,161
latest reply

Well they took 10% fee from the value of the item's price and the shipping costs, then they take another 5% through paypal which is their site(company) too, and another 5% for withrow your money to your bank account; so these are actually more then 20% from the item's price, **bleep**!?

Message 1043 of 1,161
latest reply

I am going to have to shut this business down because I cannot keep up with the fees and having to pay paypal. I lose 12.99% right off the top for what I retail it for!
Message 1044 of 1,161
latest reply

I don't see why the buyer does not pay "buyer's fees", as is done on many online auctions where the fees are from 17.5%, which would surely appease eBay. But I agree that 10% is a greedy gouge on sellers and for which reason I don't sell on eBay.

Message 1045 of 1,161
latest reply

I could see a graduated scale, where 10% might be good up until certain selling amount say $50 then go down from there.  I don't know how these chinese companies sell things for $5, pay 50 cents in fees then another 15 cents for transaction fees.  I know the Post Office charges more than $4.35 to ship things from my town to a town 10 miles away, so from china, come on.

10% of a computer sold for $1700 is $170 not to mention the 10% from the shipping fee.  Then a 2.9% fee for paypal to do the transaction, which is normal.  That means the computer you just sold for $1700 gives you a net return of $1480, hope it was worth it.  And for what, they didn't do a **bleep** thing to sell it but have the brand name eBay.

Message 1046 of 1,161
latest reply

You're not alone. Not only was I charged 10% (that's a high margin itself), but then also a fee for having the buyer pay shipping. The whole point of having the buyer pay shipping is to NOT PAY SHIPPING. Lol. **bleep**. So in total I was charged $40 invoice on $294 of sales. That's roughly 14%!!!! Name something you even PROFIT from 14%! 

Good thing I bought my items at a once in a lifetime low price! I don't understand how anybody can make any money like this. Oh, unless you pay money to eBay regularly via subscription. Used to be a viable marketplace. Now it's gonna be eaten by Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Waiting for the next big thing now. See ya later eBay.

Message 1047 of 1,161
latest reply

Through eBay shipping label a Minimum cost to ship small item is $2.66 plus $2.34 for packaging and cost of fuel.
Message 1048 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay fees are high and ok it's the cost of doing business but it's the customers that are the true problem they are penny pinchers the juice isn't worth the squeeze 

Message 1049 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes.  They are killing the cow.  Biting the hand that feeds.  Stuff is not selling very well.  Begining of the end.  They lost a good percentage of my business. Alternatively,  I just list on local venues, like Nextdoor and Craigslist.  Especially larger items.  Fools.

Message 1050 of 1,161
latest reply