cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

I agree. It's ridiculously high. I will look for other places to sell my stuff aslo.

Message 871 of 1,161
latest reply

Apart from the final fees you pay Paypal fees of another 4%. At the end of the auction you are left with about 80% of the selling price. Not to mention the cost of suppiies.

Message 872 of 1,161
latest reply

Yep, the selling fees are reducing overall interest in this site. Greed is the problem.
Message 873 of 1,161
latest reply

Exactly. Corporate Greed. Frickin ridiculous. Having there hand in your pocket once just isn't enough for these 1% ers. They want it all. Price gouging monopoly here. It's not a business, it's a clear monopoly.
Message 874 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm not selling here anymore. Too much greed with this site. Good luck with your business plan.
Message 875 of 1,161
latest reply

eBay has made billions off of sellers here. We have just been treading water while they have continued to build their portfolio with real estate, investmestments, laying in bed with Wall Street, buying luxury cars, multiple homes, luxurious vacations ect. I'm over this site for selling. Just another bunch of greedy 1 percenters.
Message 876 of 1,161
latest reply

Forget eBay, sell on Craigslist, find other solcial networks to sell. Try your local paper, facebook, & we can also donate to organizations with possible tax benifits later. Forget these greedy people for selling. Enough is enough. Another case of corporate greed.
Message 877 of 1,161
latest reply

These people do not care about us. Complete corporate greed. They are just going to take and take, until they run this monopoly into the ground. Just like so many other examples of corporate greed, no concern or interest in us or community. Just take as much as possible and run the monopoly business into the ground.
Message 878 of 1,161
latest reply

Find somewhere else to sell. Facebook, Craigslist, local paper, social network sites. We need to have a movement of the people, by the people, for the people, and Stop Enabling these people to continue their monopoly business practices. I'm not selling here anymore. Take a stand. Stop corporate greed.
Message 879 of 1,161
latest reply

Funny I've posted on this several time now, and all my post are not shown. Funny how that has happened. We need to make a movement, by the people, for the people, to stop corporate greed. These people have continued to grow their portfolio with real estate, investments in Wall Street, luxurious homes & vacations, while we just tread water. So sick of the corporate 1 percenters. Let's take a stand, and use other avenues to sell our stuff. Stop letting them gouge us. Sell on other social networks, local news paper, list your stuff at the local college, university, church, donate to good will for possible tax relief later. I'm done selling here. Take a stand. Take your money back. Let's start a movement today. Say no to corporate greed now.

Message 880 of 1,161
latest reply

I have done that after 10 years and I hope more people will do the same

Message 881 of 1,161
latest reply

your right on that, I say boycoot for at least two months! to get to their senses.

Message 882 of 1,161
latest reply

I haven't sold on Ebay in about 8-10 years.  I seem to remember now why I stopped before.  The fees were too high.  Sadly I didn't remember until I very recently sold 4 items.  I sold these items at a loss to begin with, but then after paypal and 10% ebay fees, it wasn't even worth selling the items at all.  I'm putting a big sign on the refrigerator reminding me so I don't ever use ebay again.  I'm also going to continue to post it on all social sites like twitter, facebook, pinterest, every game board, every social site board, every special interest board and on and on.  Just like weekly or maybe monthly.  But I pledge to get the word out constantly about it not being worth it to sell anything on ebay, even worse so when using paypal with ebay.  Lesson learned.  Lesson going to be constantly spread through the network.

Message 883 of 1,161
latest reply

I stopped to list anything. After I sell what I have listed, no more listing. LET'S BOYCOTT EBAY FOR 3 MONTHS!  Or until thay bring down the fees to 2% total!!!!!!! Let's send in the 2% to their " tell us what you think" link 2%   2%   2%

Message 884 of 1,161
latest reply

Charged me $14 for an item that didn't even sell, I listed an item for 2days as that was all I had time for and the item didn't sell. It is ridiculous that just because I wanted the item listed for 48hrs instead of 7 days that they are billing me for that alone there wasn't anything fancy done like bumping my listing or anything like that. **bleep**?

Message 885 of 1,161
latest reply