cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

Final value fee;s are  ridiculous on Ebay... Very upsetting... I will look for other ways to sell anything from now on...very sad...

Message 1 of 166
latest reply
165 REPLIES 165

Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

I've been selling on eBay for 21 years, there has always been a final value fee.  I wish I had kept better records for proof, but I think it is about double in 2023 from what it used to be.  There used to be a listing fee for all listings, no exception.  If the item didn't sell, you could relist it for no additional fee one time (considered already paid.)  Once an item sold, If I recall correctly, you were charged 10% of the item final price, and paypal charged 2.9% plus 30 cents on the grand total of the transaction.  Then came those trying to beat the system.  An expensive item was listed at $0.99 with a shipping cost of $100.00.  To the buyer, $100.99 total was a bargain, despite the shipping cost being silly.  There were also scammers doing this for cheap items, knowing that some buyers would not realize the outrageous shipping price.  In either case eBay collected $0.09 cents FVF for the sale.  There is much more history to this, but this should give you an idea how things got to how they are today.  You are not required to sell on eBay, if it doesn't fit your business model, don't do it.  Selling on other platforms is an increasingly appealing idea.

Message 166 of 166
latest reply