cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay buyer protection SUCKS!

Seller admits he didnt send the weights for a clock and that a piece was broken. The weights were in the pictures, and he said it was in Excellent condition with all parts present. He told me 3 times he sent a partial refund check, but never I recieved it. In the meantime, I bought some weights on Craigslist for the clock.  I filed a claim, but Ebay ruled in the sellers favor because I may have altered the clock. How did I alter it? The seller admits he was wrong!!! I filed an appeal, and they said their original ruling was correct. He is a new seller that sold 7 items, and I have been with Ebay many years, I will never trust the Buyer Protection again! Thats the only reason I bid so high on an item from a new seller, beacause I THOUGHT I was protected!

Item# 190859172463

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

There is only one thing to remember......that is, Ebay gets paid by the sellers. Now, who do you think they are going to give preference to in a dispute? The buyers will always be second. The only way to get fair treatment is to use a credit card linked to Paypal, and pay with that. If you are in the right, just initiate a recharge. At least you will always get fair treatment from your bank.
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Always pay with a credit card. If eBay fails you, file a claim with ur card issuer. I've had probelems with this type of situation and disputing a charge on my card works more often and better. Sometimes eBay will only give a partial refund. As long as u can say u attempted to return the item usually ur card will give a full refund and without having u prove u sent the item back. Often times u can keep whatever the item is and ur card issuer eats the transaction, or makes eBay eat it. 

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Yes Ebay Buyer protections sucks & folks that make decision are clueless.. they don't seriously investigate the case..  My case SR# 1-114332496267  for buyer protections was abruptly closed by ebay staff.   I bought Iphone 6 on ebay and I received the empty envelope with USPS  " Damaged " print on ot.

The envelope was empty  and don't understand why Postal authority placed Damaged print on it.

I confronted the USPS delivery guy for the item and  he swear the he received empty envelope.

As per postal authority there is a possibility the item was lost because of poor packing or seller posted empty envelope.      

Ebay asked me to get the police report,  Police stn.  looked at the envelope and directed me to file the report with postal inspector dept. So I filed the report with postal inspector and uploaded the copy for ebay on my case.

After few day ebay just denied my buyer protections and refused $$ refund for the item.

My only option left is to file a report with  CA State Insurance Commisioner and complaint about ebay buyer protections program ( which infact act as ebay private,  Insurance protections for Buyer ) or report the internet fraud on ebay to FCC.gov and force ebay to provide better protections from postal theft & cheats

I have decided eBay is not the place these day to shop for expensive item,  I have been cheated mutiple time and ebay support has *not* been proactive or helpful in my case

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

All you had to do was file a case for Item Not As Described & you would have received a refund in due course. 

eBay has excellent buyer protection but you must follow the correct process. 

You also have 180 days from date of payment to file ab Item Not As Described case with PayPal. 

Pay no attention to the previous ancient posts...most did not file correctly. 

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

All you had to do was file a case for Item Not As Described & you would have received a refund in due course. 

eBay has excellent buyer protection but you must follow the correct process. 

You also have 180 days from date of payment to file ab Item Not As Described case with PayPal. 

Pay no attention to the previous ancient posts...most did not file correctly. 

**bleep**! Most buyers are guided by Ebay staff when a dispute is raised, thinking (sadly) that they will get a fair deal. Then big shock to the system when they are told that they are out of time to claim after they had been waiting for ages for Ebay to do the correct thing. I have only one question for you :   Do you work for Ebay !!!

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

YES, you are correct.

I too had a horrible experience with the resolution center.

They would not even consider my (buyer) side when I disputed a transaction with the Ebay money back guarantee ..... and when I tried to appeal they told me to resolve on my own.   

Ebay and Paypal have made thousands of dollars from my transactions...you think they would put a little effort into trying to resolve the problem rather than leave you hanging.  

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Amen! I'll be closing my account permanently and taking my business elsewhere after too many fraudulent experiences with some sellers on here. I'll miss the decluttering store though. They are my favorite business on here and I wish I could find them on Amazon or someplace else. 

Sorry you had this experience, just know it's very common and people like myself are picking up and moving on to vote with our dollar elsewhere. I hope Ebay goes extinct soon. They're frauds just like the deceptive sellers they stand by. 

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen both sellers and buyers being scammed without eBay ever taking any action nor giving the victims any options to prevent it.  I've also seen honest sellers and buyers being banned for no reason at all.  I've been an eBay member for almost 20 years and it's very saddening to see it become a safe haven to all sorts of unfair commercial practices.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

I totally agree with you as I have just recently had a similar situation and Ebay will do nothing to resolve the issue.  I will NEVER do business with EBAY again.  I hope they go out of business.  They totally suck!

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Not in my case, I filed a complaint, item did not arrive. Answer: go to your credit card firm, we don’t do **bleep**. 

Message 40 of 40
latest reply