cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel e-bay treats it’s sellers fairly?

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!! I feel like e-bay cares about money, much more than it's sellers, and does not care how they get paid, as long as they get paid!

I would like your thoughts on how you feel about e-bay stealing your listing fees and how we're treated when we call in to complain about anything.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

They dont give enough fees or penalties or bans to their scumbag crooks n rotten people they let sell. Those are whom they reward most. Ebays founder would roll in grave at the current "business" practices. The good sellers n good buyers get to pay for the bad ones....n no thats not at all right for a company to do if it knows best....its against my morals as far as how I was raised n how business is to be properly conducted. Ebay already has my 60day exit notice because they allow their sellers to run amuck crooked as can be and treat their buyers...the good honest kind.....completely inhumanely and ebay strives to make sure these rotten folk always get away with it. I vote with my money on that one.  Sellers are each others worst enemy's yall just havent figured that out yet...its always bad buyers blah blah. If you only knew!

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

I feel that eBay is too nice to us sellers. I mean, how dare we sell our wares and not expect eBay to swallow up a huge chunk of those earnings in fees. I mean, there are trust fund investor babies who need a third Ferrari so we have to make do for them. 

Honestly, I don't think eBay goes far enough to punish us for our evil transgressions. It's definitely not enough that we still have to pay fees (despite their insistence that they credited you) for a refunded item that wasn't in any way flawed or damage but the customer didn't like so you've got to suck up the loss AND pay for shipping twice. In fact, if something like that ever happens we should be forced to give anyone on the eBay board a back massage while a woman in a cloak yells "shame" repeatedly. Then afterwards to cleanse us of our sins we must tape ourselves self-flagellating like the weird albino assassin monk from 'The Da Vinci Code' while chanting "forgive me eBay for I have sinned."

That'll teach us scum of the earth sellers to know our place!

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

Ruth you are only partially correct I went through the motions on my last account to get seller fees back and I was never credited/ You reply sounds just like the ebay reps in India. The reps that work for ebay here in the US are always really good at getting the problems solved if you are lucky enough to get ahold of one when you call. It's like hitting the lottery though. That's how rare it is to get good support.
Message 63 of 72
latest reply

Techco, that sounds really odd that someone, anyone would buy an item that expensive twice and not pay for it. Do you think that maybe ebay is paying people under the table to do that so they can get a huge final transaction fee ? If I were you I would be suspicious. Maybe even hire a good computer man that knows how to track ISP numbers and see if there is a connection. The fees for that kind of loss are no laughing matter. So sorry that happened to you.
Message 64 of 72
latest reply

Ebay is finished it is dying, sellers are leaving in droves I am packing it in on 28th December I have had enough of buyers stealing my goods and leaving bad feedback. Chargebacks, fraud and non delivery the most often used acts to commit fraud and sellers can not leave bad feedback. It is finished. eBay you are finished.

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

Total Rubbish written by an eBay troll give sellers the right to leave negative  feedback and stop all standard postage buyers from claiming non receipt of items. That should only apply to Signed for or tracked the truth is standard post is a gift for every thief in the world and they are stealing goods right left and centre, best to pack in eBay and let it fall.

Message 66 of 72
latest reply

Buyers commit fraud, chargebacks and claim non arrival of goods sent in short buyers are thieves.

Message 67 of 72
latest reply

As a 15 year long seller with 100 percent feedback I am done with eBay's unlawful treatment. They automatically side and refund to the buyer in all situations. They pull the refund money plus return shipping from your account unlawfully and for any return request reason. Even if the buyer is untruthful about the reason. Total rip off artists. Customer service is in a foreign country and can barely speak English and are completely unatatched from reality. Some day eBay will have good competition that hopefully will shut them down. eBay sucks as a seller. Sellers ate not even alowall to leave negative feedback if the buyer screws them over. Done with eBay...

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

Kinda hard to keep up with the policies when there are “back door” policies even eBay admits to having in their own returns policy. We do everything right and still lose to every single return request we go up against. eBay accepts change of mind even when they say they don’t. eBay accepts returns of it arrives one day late even though it doesn’t say this anywhere on their policy. The list goes on....

Message 69 of 72
latest reply

Readers....At this point there is nothing that anyone could say about ebay's bad treatment of sellers that would shock me.  They are TRULY UNBELIEVABLE.  I have been a member for about 23 years without any problem. But this past month had made up for the past many years. Without going into great detail here are a few facts of interest.

For valid reasons I believe ebay owes me $72. for items they refused to deliver to S. Korea. I asked them where the items are located now and got several answers...ALL different! It is being held due to it being hazardous, or, it was damaged, or it had  been misplaced, or it has been returned to the seller. Or, even: "We have no idea where it is."  They refuse to deliver the items.  They refuse to return the item to me. They refuse to refund me for my loss. Ebay even emailed the buyer indicating that they sent the parcel back to me. I even copied the  picture of ebay's email to the buyer and sent it to ebay since they didn't believe me.  I have spent 10.54 HOURS on the phone trying to straighten things out to no avail.  THREE separate "resolution managers" have fully admitted that I did no wrong AND promised me my $72.00. I have all the many calls recorded. Two managers PROMISED ME the refund and one even followed up with a verification email to that effect. Still no refund. Then an email from ebay saying they will NOT refund me. I had out of sympathy refund  the money to the innocent buyer that trusted me. Ebay will not deliver the parcel to the buyer. They will not return it to me. AND they refuse to grant me my 72 dollar refund as they had promised me twice on recorded lines! They flat out DO NOT CARE AT ALL! Global shipping was asked 4 times by me EXACTLY what was wrong with the 50 year old items I had sold. They refused to tell me AND they told me that they are NOT going to answer any more questions about it. Well, isn't that special! On three separate occasions I was promised a return call from a senior manager.  NO calls ever came. They sent an email to the buyer indicating that they had returned the parcel to me the seller. They had not and they said I will NEVER get my items back They told me "That email was intended for the buyer and not for the seller". What difference does that make I wonder. Selective lying?? I took all my listings down. Ebay is honestly and truly SCUM.

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

I completely agree with this story, as I myself am a e-bay seller and I also feel that e-bay has a very poor corporate culture that shows no concern about doing what is right to protect honest sellers from dishonest buyers. So big is this problem that I am moving my business away from e-bay and focusing on my website development so I don't have to tolerate e-bay and its total disregard of acting as a responsible business, and having no respect for the sellers that list items on its platform. I think its time a new platform is developed so sellers can vote on e-bays poor performance  by moving to another platform.

Message 71 of 72
latest reply

No, eBay is a shockingly greedy, inept corporation who WILL FAIL eventually. They cannot continue to treat sellers like garbage and hold the buyers to absolutely NO STANDARDS AT ALL without expecting some sort of blowback. There are several other resale sites out there who are willing to bend over backwards for the seller. eBay used to pretend to be concerned, but as soon as they became too big to fail they reversed their policies to abuse sellers and extract the maximum profit with minimum effort or input, even if it means facilitating fraud and theft on a daily basis. I am SO TIRED of their abuse within just a few months of selling here again that I am definitely going to seek other avenues and do all that I can to facilitate their demise. Horrible company that deserves to be scuttled. 

Message 72 of 72
latest reply