cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Origin

slamit64
Enthusiast

I know it will never happen, but I've bought a couple of items that were truly pieces of junk, I'm partly to blame because I bought them because they were so "cheap".

Because they were so cheap I haven't bothered to comment.....

Buy American, pay a couple of dollars more but get good quality not the chinese junk "american seller" crap.

Secondly because this is the American site of Ebay why not list the country of origin-- never happen because as you know

I'm not saying that all Chinese stuff is junk but what is must be on Ebay:-(

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Country of Origin

knick_knacks_shack
Enthusiast

How much stuff is still made in America anyway? Even if you "buy American" which is more just buying "from" an American (who ordered from China most likely so they get the cheap price and charge you the USA price lol), but none the less the product is more than likely not from the USA... Just an observation...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How much stuff is still made in America anyway? Even if you "buy American" which is more just buying "from" an American (who ordered from China most likely so they get the cheap price and charge you the USA price lol), but none the less the product is more than likely not from the USA... Just an observation...

Very true. Although many things are manufactured in China, they are backed by American companies. If you buy cheap junk from China or Hong Kong you don't have a lot of recourse when items are junk. As far as this goes, eBay outsource's its CS reps to Asia. Next time you call CS and Maria, Betty, Susan or Ashley answers the phone, ASK "where is this call coming from?". American names are used because we will not know the difference. When you are put on hold for half an hour, an hour with CS, relish in the fact that it costs eBay more money outsourcing than keeping CS in America. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I know it will never happen, but I've bought a couple of items that were truly pieces of junk, I'm partly to blame because I bought them because they were so "cheap".

Because they were so cheap I haven't bothered to comment.....

Buy American, pay a couple of dollars more but get good quality not the chinese junk "american seller" crap.

Secondly because this is the American site of Ebay why not list the country of origin-- never happen because as you know

I'm not saying that all Chinese stuff is junk but what is must be on Ebay:-(

Just yesterday I saw that country of origin was listed on auction sites. I see today that it is not. But country of origin is listed on search

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I like cheep chinese junk but I think that it should come from china not from canada .
Message 5 of 5
latest reply