cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, it has changed, I no longer leave feedback till it's received also.
Message 301 of 333
latest reply

I've had 40 sales this month... Not one single feedback! I've left feedback for all... But now that you mention it, I wont leave or until it's received. It's so stupid that eBay requires so much feedback to meet certain seller requirements/criterias, but buyers aren't required to leave feedback.

So.. eBay is requiring me to receive so much feedback, but buyers aren't required to provide it... Such a double standard. Buyers are always well protected and ebay offers very little protection for sellers.

buyers should get strikes/warnings for not leaving feedback, it's such a chronic issue. I can't believe ebay is doing Nothing about it.

Message 302 of 333
latest reply

G
Message 303 of 333
latest reply

I have multiple people that don't leave feedback and multiple people that finally leave feedback months later. Seems like people don't want to be bothered with it.

Message 304 of 333
latest reply

Many buyers don't really understand how ebay works, don't understand the seller rating system, and the seller fee structure. A lot of buyers don't even know that costs increase because of the amount of fees that ebay extracts for a sale. Simply put, unless you have tried to always have items up for sale, and have tried to make a little extra cash, you just won't understand the real meat-and-potatoes of ebay. 

And I agree, people leave alot less feedback than they did even a year ago.

Message 305 of 333
latest reply

I am not a seller on Ebay, I only make purchases.  I didn't know the Ebay docks you if someone doesn't leave feedback.  I purchase a lot of items on Ebay, and in the beginning, I was loyal about leaving feedback.  But, it became such a nuisance that I stopped all together.  If Ebay would allow me to just give a 5 stars rating without typing out a comment on every single purchase, I'd do it.  But, they don't give me that option, and I'm busy with everything else in my life to sit here and type reviews all day.  I'm sorry for all you sellers being punished for it, it is a broken system if you ask me.

Message 306 of 333
latest reply

It's sad, because, for me, this is my first sale in almost 15 years. I did leave a nice message encouraging them to leave FB. That could've really helped me, if I wanted to sell again. As it is, it looks to a potential buyer that I've made no sale(or that the buyer had nothing good to say). It's frustrating almost like no tip for a deserving person! A buying feedback means far less to me than a selling one, since I have none as a seller, THOUGH I HAVE MADE MY FIRST SALE!
Message 307 of 333
latest reply

You say E-Bay requires buyers to add comments to each feedback point, I think that is optional, at least on feedback I've left for sellers. You say you buy too much to be bothered to leave feedback, that seems to be a poor excuse. Both sellers AND buyers need feedback. I've heard the E-Bay app on phones does not allow feedback to be done, could this be a real issue for lack of feedback?

I agree that giving feedback to a seller should be quick and easy and comments optional. 

I have sometimes held back feedback until the buyer has given me feedback. Seems when I do it first, 97% don't give it back. Common courtesy.

Message 308 of 333
latest reply

If they are anything like me, and quite new to all this, they are probably still trying to figure out how to get to the page where you do it! It's not intuitive for a newbie. I also have no idea if I've missed giving anyone feedback and potentially offended them. I had no idea it was such a big thing either 😞
Message 309 of 333
latest reply

I'M LUCKY TO GET 10% OF BUYERS TO LEAVE ME FEEDBACK. THE FB SYSTEM ON EBAY IS A LOT OF **bleep**. I SHIP WITHIN THE HOUR YET AM JUDGED BY THE POSTAL SYSTEM'S INEFFICIENCY. I HAVE SEVERAL OTHER ISSUES WITH EBAY, AS WELL, BUT THIS IS ONE THAT IS DIRECTLY HURTING MY SALES. 

Message 310 of 333
latest reply

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? NO MATTER WHAT A SELLER MAY DO, PEOPLE JUST DO NOT CARE!!! I'VE GIVEN FULL REFUNDS & EVEN PAID THE SHIPPING THUS LOSING MONEY, & STILL, THE LOUSE ON THE OTHER END NEVER GAVE FB. 

Message 311 of 333
latest reply

As a buyer, I'd highly recommend that sellers rally together and ask eBay to implement an automated system whereby, if negative or neutral feedback is not specified within a given timescale, and if no cases have been opened, or massages received from the buyer, then positive feedback is assumed and automatically given, but with an automated comment that indicates this. This really seems like common sense to me - and I'm very surprised that eBay hasn't already implemented this.

Message 312 of 333
latest reply

I do not leave feedback when ebay makes me sign in, again, for every feedback I want to leave. This is not a seller issue, it is an ebay issue. When already signed in, and can go to Myebay, check item shipping, contact a seller, and make purchases -- there is absolutely no logical reason to make a user sign in again, every time, to leave a feedback. Sellers need to address this issue directly with ebay -- which I believe is now just AI, so good luck. (Leaving feedback used to be very easy with the "Feedback Forum".)

Message 313 of 333
latest reply

and these a-holes vote, be scared, be very scared.
Message 314 of 333
latest reply

Yes, I gave up after trying to remind, include notes, or waiting for them to give feedback first. Then I thought maybe they are retaliating since I didn't give immediate feedback for payment. No change. Feeback is just broken, like most of ebay. Society has changed also, just move on.
Message 315 of 333
latest reply