cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business closures in NYS

The Gov of NY State has ordered all non essential  businesses to close this coming Sunday evening. Not sure yet if folks like me that work from home will be able to keep working at all. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Business closures in NYS

@mrconran  Shipping companies and public transportation will not be shut down as they are considered essential.  Here in PA we are under similar constraints but I ran to the Post Office once today with a shipment.  I am not sure if you are in a high rise apartment building or suburban or rural area ... Pick ups can always be arranged with the Post Office but not sure if that can be done in a high rise apartment building.

The bigger issue here will be acquiring inventory ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

California closed down last week so it shouldn't come as a surprise.  Limiting exposure is the key word for the year.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am pretty well stocked as I sell new items.  I may be able to have the PO pick up orders. This time of the year is my busy season and I haul 2-4 totes to the PO daily. I live by myself one mile outside of my small town. I am not too concerned for my health as yet. I am trying to go to grocery later in the evening to avoid crowds. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Kohls closed all their stores last night.

They will still take orders online.

But expect the other "non essential" department stores to follow.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Why the heck was this moved to the Cafe?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Repetitive type postings? 

This virus has effected everyone, and everyone has something to say, so the café is probably correct place. 

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Because it's about businesses other than eBay.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My Sellers thread yesterday about the post office being 100% open for biz which is essential to know by eBay sellers was shut down, moved to shipping!

no good!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@mrconran wrote:

The Gov of NY State has ordered all non essential  businesses to close this coming Sunday evening. Not sure yet if folks like me that work from home will be able to keep working at all. 

So people will be reduced to buying most non essential products on eBay & other internet platforms, expect sellers to sharply increase prices.

This is good news for eBay sellers & ebay, bad news for buyers

Message 10 of 10
latest reply