cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem....

Seller for over a decade, 100% rating, 650+ feedback, 1000+ transactions.

I posted a high value item for sale on Ebay.  The item was working, we even posted a video of it in the listing.  The item was an electronic counter.

The buyer picked up the item, signed a document indicating he received it in excellent condition. We even have photos of the item boxed and packaged for pickup.......covered, or so you would think....

A few weeks later, he initiates a return, claiming the item was not listed accurately.  He stated there was a fault on start-up.  So, we ended up speaking on the phone, where he tells me he had his employees disassemble and clean  the unit.  (on the phone, unfortunately).  So, I initiated a case with Ebay, thinking that would protect me.

So, Ebay sides with the buyer almost immediately, without even communicating with me in any way.  I was forced to spend the 30-45 minutes on the phone (every time), to explain the situation.

Ebay high-value support opens an case/appeal and request the buyer to provide a repair quote.  The buyer obtains a "repairable" quote from a facility located 150 miles away - so sight unseen.  And not from the company that makes the counter!!  Turns out i know the company they contacted, they are a general used equipment dealer - not an Electronic Counter reseller, servicer, repairer, etc.  They happened to have one for sale, and it must have hit on a Google search.  This company provided a document that stated the equipment was broken and could be repaired.

THAT was enough for Ebay.  I asked them to revisit, so they had someone call that company and confirm that they "repair equpiment".....Not that they have knowledge, prior experience, or are certified to repair an electronic counter. 

So now, its been "certified" to be broken by someone who never saw the equipment, and I have to arrange return shipping - FOR AN ITEM THAT WAS PICKEDUP BECAUSE IT WAS FRAGILE.  So we go back and forth (with Ebay and Buyer) and we finally agree to pickup the item. 

BUT Ebay requires a UPS label to be sent to the buyer within 3 days or they will automatically  refund the buyer all the money.  So, after CONSULTING with ebay high value tech support (AND ALL OF THESE PHONE CONVESATIONS WERE RECORDED), I sent a UPS label along with an email indicating our agreement to pickup the equpment, and not ship the item.

The Buyer SHIPS the ITEM!!  - in a thin walled box, with almost no protection, the item tears teh box, its placed upside down, the computer conectors are bent, ---- LOTS OF DAMAGE. 

I Contact Ebay - expecting they wll side with me, as teh Buyer didn't uphold the agreement, BUT NO!! - Ebays now says, (despite emails and recorded phone conversations) - that once I provided the return label, well - that's where they stop. 

I indicated the item was not returned in the condition it ws sold:  disassembled/cleaned, and now shipped via UPS in a box with no protoection!! - DAMAGED/BROKEN

They said "perhaps you can contact UPS with help on this?"  I stated YOU - EBAY, asked me to send a label to the buyer, and they shipped me a $6000 piece of equpment in a naked box.  What do you think UPS will say??? - I had insurance, but they will tell me its the shippers fault for the packaging!

EBAY - you were great when young, you are just not ready for the new world out there.  Too bad.

WELL - the buyer stuck the $6000

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The problem....

keystonetraders
Adventurer
Ebay is 99% for the buyer and 1% for the seller.
Very unfair.
Also will not let seller post a negative for buyer.
No one to talk to at eBay when trying to make your case..
Keystonetraders
Message 2 of 2
latest reply