cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 2 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Community Chat, March 2 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hello I am a journalist currently working on a story.  I'm inquiring about a long time member that was recently banned from the site.  My understanding is this action was based on an act of racism committed by an eBay employee.  I was hoping to get eBay's side of the story.  What is the best media contact for this type of inquiry?  Thanks.

-----

Edit:  A reply to your question can be here

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Good Afternoon.

I would like to bring to your attention an error that exists ....

postcards  / non topographical  ---  when a listing comes up under Seller Hub, Manage Listings, Item Specifics - Recommended tab.  You look at one of those listings.  I noticed that the Era box dropdown does not include the American Era definitions ie chrome, linen, divided back etc.   The only choices are the European Eras not American.  So if I spot a listing that needs it's era changed, I can not do it in this handy place.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I posted this on the boards and thought ebay should know but the USPS has passed on a new policy that they only have to randomly scan 5 packages when they do a pick up.  This could be a huge hit on our late shipment defects.

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

There were some reports this week on the Selling board about a (possible?) new post office policy prohibiting  carriers from scanning more than 5 packages when doing a pickup. Have you been able to confirm this and/or get more details?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

@jach_6789 wrote:

Hello I am a journalist currently working on a story.  I'm inquiring about a long time member that was recently banned from the site.  My understanding is this action was based on an act of racism committed by an eBay employee.  I was hoping to get eBay's side of the story.  What is the best media contact for this type of inquiry?  Thanks.

Hey @jach_6789 thanks for reaching out about this here, the appropriate course of action would be to send an email to Press@eBay.com, thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

Good Afternoon.

I would like to bring to your attention an error that exists ....

postcards  / non topographical  ---  when a listing comes up under Seller Hub, Manage Listings, Item Specifics - Recommended tab.  You look at one of those listings.  I noticed that the Era box dropdown does not include the American Era definitions ie chrome, linen, divided back etc.   The only choices are the European Eras not American.  So if I spot a listing that needs it's era changed, I can not do it in this handy place.

Hi @postcardcountry - thanks for this, I'll get it sent to the structured data team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Hi @creativecrisis I did reach out to the proper team to get more insight on this, I still don't have an update but as soon as I do I will update those threads! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

I posted this on the boards and thought ebay should know but the USPS has passed on a new policy that they only have to randomly scan 5 packages when they do a pick up.  This could be a huge hit on our late shipment defects.

Hi @tsme35! We had someone else mention this a few days ago and have passed it on to the shipping team. Thank you! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Also a warning about USPS new $4 surcharge on packages over 22" and $15 on packages over 30", also a $15 charge on packages over 2 cu ft.  ONLY a month away on April 3rd. Not sure about others but this will end 50% of my sales, Close to $25,000 a year in sales alone.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

just a personal question that I posted on Community Board          

Mentor box, asking for volunteers

‎02-26-2022 10:44 PM

It's been a couple of wks, so my memory is a bit hazy,  but as I recall there was a box on the right asking for people interested in the program to sign up......  I filled out a form, but said I wasn't clear if it was for the mentor board or if it was on an individual basis.......and wanted to know more.  As I recall, it stated that I would hear something within 7 days.

Been longer than that and I haven't seen anything come thru on it.

-----

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@tsme35  @creativecrisis 

If you use bulk shipping to create your labels, you can print a scan form. Your carrier scans the form and that scans in all the packages tied to it.

From eBay help:

How to print labels for multiple orders at once:

1. From the Seller Hub Orders tab, check the boxes beside the orders you want to ship (two or more).
  2. Then, from the Shipping dropdown, select Print Shipping Labels or invoices.
  3. This will take you to the bulk shipping tool - opens in new window or tab where you can edit details of individual orders. For example, dispatch options, delivery addresses, shipping providers, and whether you want signature confirmation or ShipCover insurance.
  4. Select Review Purchase to see the total cost of the labels.
  5. Select Confirm and pay.
  6. Select Print Labels.

You'll also see the option to print the scan form on the same page.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

just a personal question that I posted on Community Board          

Mentor box, asking for volunteers

‎02-26-2022 10:44 PM

It's been a couple of wks, so my memory is a bit hazy,  but as I recall there was a box on the right asking for people interested in the program to sign up......  I filled out a form, but said I wasn't clear if it was for the mentor board or if it was on an individual basis.......and wanted to know more.  As I recall, it stated that I would hear something within 7 days.

Been longer than that and I haven't seen anything come thru on it.

Hi @dhbookds! We've made sheila@ebay aware of your post. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

tyler@ebay  

I was checking out the new integration with Quickbooks and found a discrepancy in the special sign up page where eBay sellers can get a discount.

In the top part it says 30% off for 12 months, but then at the bottom (after you click the link to see the hidden terms) it says "30% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online (“QBO”) is for the first 6 months of service, starting from the date of enrollment, followed by the then-current monthly list price."

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/partners/ebay/?cid=par_ebay_US_evergreen_Jan2022_QBO 

Quickbooks3.jpg

I understand that is a Quickbooks page and not under eBay's control, but given the extent of the partnership with Intuit on this and the fact that eBay is very actively promoting this deal here in the community and on site in Seller Hub, I think eBay bears some responsibility to make sure the terms are what they have been represented as being to eBay's seller customers.

Can you pass this to the payments team or whoever is working with Intuit on this to get some clarification and update the announcement about this program here in the community please?

-----

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Where do you contact seller service, the ones that actually can help you?

-----

Leave It To Me
Message 15 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: