cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Recently, the camera search icon in the app ceased functioning and a little later was removed. This is a tool many sellers depend on, and yet there has been no announcement about this. Please try to find out what is going on with this---will it be returned? And if so, when?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Are there any plans to expand ebay standard envelope to other categories in 2022?

-----

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

Any update on the status of video in listings for all sellers?

-----
Message 4 of 67
latest reply

Be Serious.  The new Item Specifics are crazy.  They repeat, they ask dumb questions and they are a big time waster for those of us who actually write listings.   Any thoughts on improving/fixing them?

-----

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 67
latest reply

Please remind the Store Team that, while its nice to have the new store newsletter templates, it would be even more helpful if they provided easy sign up for the newsletter as previously promised. Any timeline for this?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

with the renewed focus on stores, it would be nice if the Community Team gave us the option to either "see seller's other listings" OR go to the seller's store home page. Also, I notice the Promotions page---for Markdown Manager, etc---does not have a link back to our store home page.  if ebay is going to start focusing on stores, it would help if people had easy access to the stores home page. And, related to that, how about Social Media links (similar to those on listing pages) for the Store Home Page and About Page?

-----

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

tyler@ebay  I was chatting with a friend who put together this really interesting visual showing how the listing page displays with paid advertising vs seller provided info.

I was struck by how far down the page the description gets pushed in this example - just curious, has eBay done any kind of A/B UX testing to see what effect it would have on Not As Described claims if the description was more prominent and not hidden between all these ad spots?

SMALLER 2021-12-29_15-50-20.jpg

image (4).png

-----

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Recently, the camera search icon in the app ceased functioning and a little later was removed. This is a tool many sellers depend on, and yet there has been no announcement about this. Please try to find out what is going on with this---will it be returned? And if so, when?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - this was a feature that was removed temporarily, the mobile team confirmed that here.

I don't have an estimated time for it to return, but I know it is a focus for the team. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I recently got a banner in the Seller Hub that mentions needing a Social Security Number. The link goes to https://kycremedyweb.ebay.com/remedy-landing...  The link looks suspicious, is this legit?  Just trying to stay safe.  Thanks.

-----

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Since eBay actively ignores many of its policies and chooses not to follow them will eBay be making a New Years resolution to remove a lot of their policies?  Example being the one where buyers aren't supposed to file false returns.  Also might as well remove the TRS protection against negative feedback after a return since eBay doesn't follow that either.

-----

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

Any time line on Social Media referral reduced FVF promised last year? ebay has been very quiet about that.

-----

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

I've brought this up before, here it is again: At the December Seller Check In we were given some general info about marketing campaigns for 2022, including TV ads, radio ads for ebay Motors featuring Ray from Car Talk....it would really be considerate if ebay shared these with the Community, maybe as Announcements...so we wouldn't have to hunt around online trying to find what our partner is doing to promote the site.

-----

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Are there any plans to expand ebay standard envelope to other categories in 2022?

We haven't been made aware of any upcoming changes @my-cottage-books-and-antiques. One can hope though!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Any update on sending coupons to buyer groups? That was supposed to be coming in October according to the Fall update.

-----

Message 15 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: